What's new

What is the percentage of ownership that you should have of a new business?

I think as a new business owner, if you don't want to think of repayment too much you really need to commit 80% of your funds into the business and ensure that you manage the business properly for it's success

I can still remember very well some couple of investment i ventured into few years ago,as a share holder of the organisation,whenever they are doin their annual general meetings or about to make some dicision on new board,i will be notify,considering the fact that my holding is small.
It is important that the business communicate with all of the shareholders no matter how small to show their shareholders that they are valued and to have transparency within the company as well which is very important in moving the company forward in the public eye.

Your target should always be 70% of the stake in the entire business. The investors and the credit can have the rest of the 30% to themselves. you also have a buyout clause on the remaining 30% owned by the investors.

It is important that the business communicate with all of the shareholders no matter how small to show their shareholders that they are valued and to have transparency within the company as well which is very important in moving the company forward in the public eye.
This is very true,though not all the companies that i have holdings with do send in a corespondence to me when they are doing their annual general meeetings which would in most times culmunate in voting for board members.But i do appriciate the ones that do send.

Silent investors generally should attend the meetings and should still be involved but to a very small extent. They have to have some level of involvement in the business or in suggestions because at the end of the day their money is at stake as well.
Thank you at least even if they aren't doing anything in contribution to the company or business they should attend meeting to know how the affair if the company is going.

I'm the sole owner of my business, no need to measure how many percentage of ownership tight I should claim. I've never been in the mode of engaging in any partnership business with anyone.

Even 70% should be okay , because remember the larger the amount of shares you hold the higher the profit that would be gained by you ,so you need to hold more shares

Thank you at least even if they aren't doing anything in contribution to the company or business they should attend meeting to know how the affair if the company is going.
It is definitely important for them to attend all of the meetings because showing up shows a sense of confidence in the business and a sense of interest as well from the investors and this is very important in maintaining a good level of motivation within the business structure as well.
Post automatically merged:

This is very true,though not all the companies that i have holdings with do send in a corespondence to me when they are doing their annual general meeetings which would in most times culmunate in voting for board members.But i do appriciate the ones that do send.
I think that it is a very bad Public Image that companies have if they do not regularly keep their shareholders updated because it shows that they are more geared towards the larger shareholders and the board members then actually being engaged with the smaller investors within the country or company as well and this can severely hinder the growth in the future.

To avoid having other people being key decision makers in your own business, it is best if you contribute more of the money. That way, you can be the one running the business. So whatever percentage you choose, it should be higher than the other parties.

To avoid having other people being key decision makers in your own business, it is best if you contribute more of the money. That way, you can be the one running the business. So whatever percentage you choose, it should be higher than the other parties.
This is very important however sometimes it is not always possible to do this. So while you may want to retain the sole decision-making rights it can be very difficult as well because if you do not have the necessary capital to start up the business you may require investment from other people as well and the Investment could honestly contribute a large portion towards the business.

I think it's depends on the scale of the business and also the kind of business. Some partnership business should allow between 50% to 70%.

It is not only on the basis of capital that you can arrive at the percentage of stake you can have in the business. In addition to your capital, your skills and expertise can equally be considered to arrive at your percentage stake.

It actually depends the amount of money you and the partner (s) are contributing to actually start off the the business and the agreement between the parties, the person with the highest capital would of course own the highest shares.

It actually depends the amount of money you and the partner (s) are contributing to actually start off the the business and the agreement between the parties, the person with the highest capital would of course own the highest shares.
It would be confusing if the ownership is 50-50 which means the partners have an equal share. That will have a bad effect in the management. Who will be the manager and who will dictate on the operation will cause a rift among the partners.

Angel investors typically want from 20 to 25 percent return on the money they invest in your company. Venture capitalists may take even more; if the product is still in development, for example, an investor may want 40 percent of the business to compensate for the high risk it is taking.
Do you want to see percentage for a new business should be at least 70% that is to show that you are the owner of just business but if you want to invest in a new business you can be able to invest 30% if you're not the owner.

The percentage of ownership I think you should have of a new business you started should be something from above fifty percent to sixty percent.

The percentage of ownership I think you should have of a new business you started should be something from above fifty percent to sixty percent.
This is a very good percentage because it will ensure that you have the majority shareholder and as a result you will be able to make decisions and take decisive action without having to consult with everyone and have a difficulty in implementing these decisions as well.

You should have at least 75% ownership in your business and a buy back terms. Buy back terms gives you the opportunity to buy the remaining share from the investors.

You should have at least 75% ownership in your business and a buy back terms. Buy back terms gives you the opportunity to buy the remaining share from the investors.
This is the first time that I am hearing of a buyback term however from what you have said it seems that it is a very good opportunity because it will provide the people with the support and at the same time you will still be able to achieve full ownership of the business if they are able to be successful in it.

Having a business share of about fifty percent won't be a bad idea at all. If you think this is still too conservative for you as the business owner, you can take it up to not more than sixty percent shares

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back