What's new

What is the percentage of ownership that you should have of a new business?

When you start a new business, one of the hardest things to achieve in the beginning is the capital that you need to put into the business in order to get it off the ground. Generally when it comes to Capital you can be funded by one of three ways. The first way is to fund the business yourself. The second way is to take out a loan from the bank and then fund the business. And lastly you could possibly look at getting investors into the business. If you get investors into your business then you are essentially selling shares to your business, and they will have a specific amount of say in the operations of the business as well unless they are considered to be silent investors.

What do you think is a good percentage of shares that you should own in your own business and that you should sell out? I think that you should own at least 51% of your business if you are able to afford it because this will allow you to still be able to make decisions as to majority shareholder.
You can hold less than 50% in a large establishment. For the small one-man business, the more control you have, the better you can navigate towards success.

When you start a new business, one of the hardest things to achieve in the beginning is the capital that you need to put into the business in order to get it off the ground. Generally when it comes to Capital you can be funded by one of three ways. The first way is to fund the business yourself. The second way is to take out a loan from the bank and then fund the business. And lastly you could possibly look at getting investors into the business. If you get investors into your business then you are essentially selling shares to your business, and they will have a specific amount of say in the operations of the business as well unless they are considered to be silent investors.

What do you think is a good percentage of shares that you should own in your own business and that you should sell out? I think that you should own at least 51% of your business if you are able to afford it because this will allow you to still be able to make decisions as to majority shareholder.
If it is my own business and am running it alone, then i am up of 100% claim of ownership. In a case where i am to partner with someone, the percentage would have to be divided into a half. Similar thing in a case where more partners or shareholders are involved, equal percentages would have to be claimed by every shareholder.

Yes you are right. If you have plans sharing ownership of a business with investors, then you should try to own a majority stake in the ownership of the business. This will give you an edge when it comes to decision making process.

Well as the owner of the business i believe it is better to own a greater amount of share than all the share holders becuse this will help you to still have control over your company

Yes explained clearly how to start a business and how much your capital percentage belong to you.
It depends as if you put little in it you will not too much authority to take decisions and to take much profit. Start your business by Maximum portion of capital should belong you. Put at least 50% or so to get hold on your business.

I would love to own 51% of the business shares. Therefore, I will be able to be the main decision maker in the business. I believe that is what most people would want. Otherwise, it would be like working for other people in a business you started.

To the best of my knowledge, I think it'll be better to have a 60% stake of your business; the lowest should be 55% so one doesn't get to lose out a lot on your sweat or ideas.

If possible , I prefer having at least ninety or ninety five percent of the shares in my company and sells the other five or ten percent out to interested people , so i prefer having enough fund to start my dream business.

Percentage of ownership to have as a company. This profits and benefits can be shared among company owner and employee. This can be share as 60 to 40 percentage wages to improve in quality control of the business.

When starting a new business, I will like to take 100 percent ownership of the business. But in the case of having investors also together in the business I may take 50 percent of the business ownership or up to 65 - 80 percent, business is all about risk taking.

The founders should end up with about 50% of the company, total. Each of the next five layers should end up with about 10% of the company, split equally among everyone in the layer. Example: Two founders start the company.
Any shareholder has a percentage ownership in the company, determined by dividing the number of shares they own by the number of outstanding shares. ... Typically, this number is presented in percent or basis points (hundredths of a percent).

Yes I like the fact that it shouldn't be less than 50% , in some business organisation individual can be able to hold as high as 80% of its overall assets and sell out the remaining 20% ,it all depends on the money you have to invest in your business that whfll

Generally one percentage in business should be on a very high side. There are some investors that show up for meetings and also are involved in general meetings when needed. and some are silent investors. But nevertheless both needs high percentage in the business.
As the owner of the business , the better thing is to have the most highest share in the company while you leave the remaining shares to the investors , most of the times , if the owner does not have the bigger part of the share , the investors most of the time threatens them.

It is always wise to calculate the risks and various other important factors before investing the percentage of your capital into such kind of business. You might need to consider the location and the current status of the progress of business before making an investment in such business.

If you are the owner of the business you should have nothing less than 75% of the entire shares in the company provided you are raising money from the investors and public. You have to maintain the status quo so that you will not lose your business to the investors.

If it is my own business and am running it alone, then i am up of 100% claim of ownership. In a case where i am to partner with someone, the percentage would have to be divided into a half. Similar thing in a case where more partners or shareholders are involved, equal percentages would have to be claimed by every shareholder.
I am also running my baking business with my wife and there's no shareholder but in case their is an emergence of a shareholder , at least you should try and have 80% share in the business.

I am also running my baking business with my wife and there's no shareholder but in case their is an emergence of a shareholder , at least you should try and have 80% share in the business.
80% might appear too much for one person to own as a stake in any business. Except you're investing the substantial amount or capital to a business, the shares should be equally distributed to all parties.

In my own opinion I think 80% is ok, so as to have full control over your business. When you have legs and that all other have lion shares with you, anyway they will compete with you you know that you have full control over the business and you might get kicked out as a result. A close example of this is when Steve Job was kicked out of Apple.

80% might appear too much for one person to own as a stake in any business. Except you're investing the substantial amount or capital to a business, the shares should be equally distributed to all parties.
That's what i am trying to explain, i prefer building my company to the top with only my money and if I might actually need invested in the company I build and raised myself, I sill rather take sixty to eighty percent of the shares.

The founders should end up with about 50% of the company, total. Each of the next five layers should end up with about 10% of the company, split equally among everyone in the layer.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back