What's new

What is the most effective way to learn how to play drums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine_Spirit

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Feb 11, 2017
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I started to learn to play drums with my uncle (who has been playing drums for years), then I started learning something - very useful tips - from my friends who also liked drums and from time to time I have used video lessons - usually from a specific Youtube channel - to improve myself even more.

What would be your techniques?

I think youtube would be a good choice and this would give you some ideas to get started,but you could start playing some real music-and play along to your favorite songs using beats, and fills. I would study the best drummers and then use those experiences to create your own kind of sound in a very creative way.

For me, it's to have the basic bass-snare rhythm first and try to apply that to the songs that you like. It worked decently for me and eventually, you'll just find yourself learning drum fills and doing more technical drumming. I know a lot of people that learned how to play drums by ear. It would be good to have an actual drum tutor too so you would learn about stuff such as the proper form.

For me, it's to have the basic bass-snare rhythm first and try to apply that to the songs that you like. It worked decently for me and eventually, you'll just find yourself learning drum fills and doing more technical drumming. I know a lot of people that learned how to play drums by ear. It would be good to have an actual drum tutor too so you would learn about stuff such as the proper form.
how long u been playing ?

how long u been playing ?

Only for around 8 months or so give or take. I'm no pro in any way, but I've just learned to play from some Youtube vids and our drummer guiding me from time to time. I can't really do complex beats yet, the hardest I've done so far was the fill in Muse's "Hysteria" right before the chorus starts, and our drummer told me that was actually a pretty simple beat to do :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back