What's new

What is the main reason for buying an existing domain?

people buy existing domain names for a couple of reasons, such as aged domain have a higher chance of ranking, existing domains may have the keywords that you dessired, etc.

let say I want to buy a domain which seem to be already taken. Since I need the domain, I will approach the owner. IF I can afford the price I will buy the domain.

Personally, I believe certain domain name can boost the authority of a site one is planning on building. That is why people find these domain names and hord them.

The major reason for buying an existing domain is just because of the fact that the domain name already has an authority that can bring in fast traffic from different search engine

I also head that it is risky to buy old domain because the previous owner could have used it for illegal activities.
Wow that's a very good observation because nobody talk about such things even me this thing never comes to mind i think this is a very good observation.

Some people are buying existing domain names just to boost the search engine optimisation metric of their websites. Some people are buying domain adjust to build another website.

People buy existing ones domain names that they feel would play a key role in helping their business get more traffic and online presence.

Domain is just the name of the website. Some people register a domain and not use it maybe the aim is to sell the domain name. So what is the big deal of a domain name that it can be sold for a higher price? Why do some people buy an existing domain when they can think of a similar name for their planned website?
people are accustomed to buying existing domain names because of traffic. While trying to find buyers for the names, many domain name sellers have driven a lot traffic to the names, thereby making them popular to facilitate sales.

There are some existing domains that are more inclined to your business and a lot of them are already popular so buying it will to magically means we are going to get a sizable amount of traffic.

I do not buy an existing domains because no one whos how "bad" that domain would have been. I remember there was a HYIP program that used a domain and that HYIP went scam. That domain of that HYIP program was bought by.some other person and you can imagine how badly it would have affected that person's reputation.

There are many reason why people go for old domain. At times some go for it because it must have has some level rank in the search engine optimization

To me it's depends on the need for such kind of domain if it's an existing business then it will require a kind of domain name that will match with the business name but if it's a new business then I will prefer a new domain for new business.

The two main reasons that I see that people are buying some existing domain name is because of the popularity the name has gotten and also the name suits there company name

Some people see domain name as sane with real estate,they buy it and flip it,what I mean by domain flipping is buying domain names and resselling for profit

There are so many reasons for buying an existing domain. One of the reasons being that your preferred domain has already be registered by another person. Some domains helps you to rank higher than others.
I believe this is the number one reason why people buy domains, people that discovered that their planned domain had already been used can go ahead and buy the existing one

I think old domain is more good in research engine because buying existing domain can bring traffic to your website, and you don't really do more advertise in order to get more people.

Sometimes your business names coincides with an already existed domain, so the best to do in such circumstances is to buy the domain if it is being put put up sale than to change your business name which could affect your business

Domain is just the name of the website. Some people register a domain and not use it maybe the aim is to sell the domain name. So what is the big deal of a domain name that it can be sold for a higher price? Why do some people buy an existing domain when they can think of a similar name for their planned website?
The uniqueness of the name is what matters. When someone can go for Surfer.com, why would the person to for surfershubonline.com.

The first is more recognisable and easy to remember.

Some companies and organisations buy up an existing domain for the simple reason that they do not want their brand name associated in any way to anything close to it. So they buy up the existing domain instead

There are many good reasons to buy an existing domain. However, there are a lots of good reasons of avoiding an existing domain because you may never know for what kind of activities the domain was being used. There was a HYIP site which used to scam people and now their domain is being used by a poker gaming website.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back