What's new

What is the main reason for buying an existing domain?

The reason for buying an existing domain is to get the traffic and CPC ranking that that old domain has acquired over time rather than creating a new domain that you will need time and resources to be able to gather these qualities for a domain name.

There are many reasons why people buy an existing domain. One of the reasons maybe because it is already popular and therefore you can easily get a lot of traffic since many people know the domain name.

To me it is not even advisable buying an existing domain because you don't really know what the old users of the domain has used the domain for. And this may affect the new users.

Buying an existing domain could be a good decision in terms of SEO. If the website name contains good keywords, it might be better than coming up with a new name yourself.

Their are few reasons for that like:

• Sometimes you want to create some brand and domain is not available so you need to buy existing domain.
  • Old domain already indexed by Google means you can have better benefits to buy that domain rather than starting new one.

Domain is just the name of the website. Some people register a domain and not use it maybe the aim is to sell the domain name. So what is the big deal of a domain name that it can be sold for a higher price? Why do some people buy an existing domain when they can think of a similar name for their planned website?
The reasons some people give for buying such domains vary fromperson to person;
- Some may say they want to preserve the site and make people know it due to their history with the site.
-Others may say they like the layout of the site because it looks vintage.
- Some others will go for it because of the price it is sold for.

Domain is just the name of the website. Some people register a domain and not use it maybe the aim is to sell the domain name. So what is the big deal of a domain name that it can be sold for a higher price? Why do some people buy an existing domain when they can think of a similar name for their planned website?
Because some domain are watermark and copyrighted by buying a similar domain of copyrighted domain you may face legal problem so not all domains are not copyrighted so in this case you have to contact owner to buy this domain name not buy a similar one.

well the function of buying an existing domain is that you have an opportunity to get a lot of people who has been interested in what the real owner of that dreaming was doing,in this case there will be a lot of people that will be coming to your site based on what other people were using the domain for.

An existing domain name already has history and way back. There would have some level of traffic generated by this domain, so it's different from a newly created domain that is just entering the internet for the first time.

Some people try to buy domains from another owners for one simple reason: the domain name is the name that they want to buy and are willing to pay any price.

Let me explain the scenario in this way. Buying an existing domain name is like hiring an experienced worker. An existing domain name already has a track records online with some levels of information such as back links, traffic, do follows etc. A newly registered domain name is just getting to the internet to start afresh.

Let me explain the scenario in this way. Buying an existing domain name is like hiring an experienced worker. An existing domain name already has a track records online with some levels of information such as back links, traffic, do follows etc. A newly registered domain name is just getting to the internet to start afresh.
An existing domain already has a licence and the name has Goodwill with this you can be able to work with it without no problem.

The reason a lot of people go for existing domains is because, they already have a lot of end users. So it save you the stress of going from scratch to obtain end users.

Although there are doubts when buying an existing domain because there re fears it could have been used illegally but if that's not the case, old domains tends to have backlinks

Sometimes it is the extension they wanted that has been registered and they would love to own that particular domain extension that is why.

I have never bought a domain or sold domain to anyone. Since I can register my own domain for a low price, I have never considered buying a domain from others.

The main reason for buying an existing domain will vary from person to person. For some or most rather, it is to keep the domain attached to their company alone especially if that company is an established one. They won't want any competition of any kind with their brand name

Buying an existing domain usually has it's perks too because unlike when just setting out with a new domain, also old domains already have some activities which would be helpful

I think the May reason buy an existing domain is because it is already well known and have traffic on it already so it won't be hard to drawn traffic to it anymore since is a well know one.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back