What happened with .tk domains?

Shole2

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Apr 18, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Back in the day, everyone, even I, used .tk for their sites due to that being the only free domain extension that was short. I loved it as I had the ugly forumname.subdomainname.com and .tk made it so pretty by changing it to forumname.tk. Anyone else used it? What did happen to those free extensions?

Nothing has happened to them. Well, some say they fell out of favor cause search engines associated them with spam. However, that could be a myth. Anyway, I see nothing wrong with them and it's nice to get one free forever.

The company that offered free domains like dot tk was called freenom. The last time I checked, the site, it was down and I read in a certain forum that the free domains are gone. I have never bothered to check. By the way I have used it and it was good for creating temporary projects.

Freenom was sued by Meta, the reason why is because they were known to ignore abuse complaints about scammers using their free domain names to make phishing sites. I used their services in the past, but this was when I was still new to being an admin and I didn't have a lot of money back then. Now you can only get free subdomains, but IMO a TLD is the best way to go.

Freenom was sued by Meta, the reason why is because they were known to ignore abuse complaints about scammers using their free domain names to make phishing sites. I used their services in the past, but this was when I was still new to being an admin and I didn't have a lot of money back then. Now you can only get free subdomains, but IMO a TLD is the best way to go.
I did not know that!
facebook has blocked one of my domains using xyz extension. I did not receive any notification about the ban but when I tried to share a post, it said the domain was banned for spam. The domain in question was related to a health blog, there was nothing spammy about the site, yet Facebook blocked it. We know how foolish Meta can be sometimes.

Sites that offered domains like teg .tk are no longer offering this services from last I checked. They are likely discouraged as user tap from this opportunity to make the internet quite more miserable than how it suppose to be.

Most of this domains was used for scamming and phishing purposes, so there were lots of complain in this and that led to disclosure of it to top and popular companies.

The only free thing I know is subdomains. You can get them with free hosting like at 000WebHost. Anyway, the cost of some of these new extensions is $2 or less, so it's really not a big deal to anyone.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back