What's new

What are the Effects of Pandemic to Small and Medium enterprises and economy?

The pandemic has led to small businesses struggling to survive due to the downtime that these businesses are going through, lack of patronage, business running being threatened, lack of capitals are all effects that the pandemic are having on small businesses.

Is there any sme you know that are now closed or temporarily closed due to pandemic? What are the effects of it your country's economy?
I'm the early stages of the pandemic, the stock quantity would have followed a theoretical inverse J-curve as demand would rise rapidly that supply wouldn't have been able to match it, then the sudden drop in quantity of products and after the long months of the pandemic some SME owners might have dipped into the money for restocking, which might in effect cause such businesses to close up.

Tourist businesses and hotel busineses are greatly affected because they were not having any patronage from any body, they don't have option than to downsize their staff strength because of inability to pay.
That's right. It will be a huge loss to the business if they will keep all of the employees even though there are not enough customers. Both businesses and its employees are really affected with this pandemic.

The chaos that the pandemic brings especially to the small and medium enterprises are exceedingly ugly. Many establishment are close for so many months that leads to bankruptcy. Lots of people lost their jobs. We hope and pray that this evil that wreck havoc to humanity will soon be over.

That's right. It will be a huge loss to the business if they will keep all of the employees even though there are not enough customers. Both businesses and its employees are really affected with this pandemic.
Yeah the pandemic legacy will continue to leave in us because it more unpleasant situations in our lives we hope more blessings come afterwards and the economy recover as fast as possible.

Yeah the pandemic legacy will continue to leave in us because it more unpleasant situations in our lives we hope more blessings come afterwards and the economy recover as fast as possible.
It seems that it will take a really long time in my country. I'm just thankful that me and my family are safe. Even though my father couldn't go to his job for months, what matters is his safety. We are still blessed.

It seems that it will take a really long time in my country. I'm just thankful that me and my family are safe. Even though my father couldn't go to his job for months, what matters is his safety. We are still blessed.
It a sad for the job loses but when there is life and good health there is hope , untill vaccines are readily available, the Corona virus is still very much active in our country too. We are only hoping for quick arrival of vaccines though businesses are not closed.

Small scale and medium scale industry have been affected drastically by the present covid-19 pandemic. This has stopped them from operating and has made them to lose their customers and source of livelihood. Some have sacked their workers because they can't pay them
Exactly, when there was no movement for months, there was no way to get customers to still patronize the small scale businesses. This really hit them hard and made so many of them to close down. I can count at least 5 small scale businesses that closed because of the pandemic.

The pandemic has affected most businesses in my country, especially business that only operate offline and have not integrated to online and e platform. Particularly, enterprises are facing a variety of problems such as a decrease in demand, supply chain disruptions, cancelation of export orders, raw material shortage, and transportation disruptions, among others. The pandemic really affected their standard of living because a lot of them depended on the daily income from their business.

This pandemic affects both big and small businesses in my country Nigeria. A lot of business are still in coma as I write like this, this is because the pandemic stay for long, some business are still struggling to recover from the effect of the pandemic, these are the big and average business.

It a sad for the job loses but when there is life and good health there is hope , untill vaccines are readily available, the Corona virus is still very much active in our country too. We are only hoping for quick arrival of vaccines though businesses are not closed.
Oh right, the vaccines. There are controversy with the prices of the vaccines here in my country. Aside from that, many citizens don't have trust with the efficacy of the chosen vaccine by the government. I have absolutely no idea what's gonna happen here.

Oh right, the vaccines. There are controversy with the prices of the vaccines here in my country. Aside from that, many citizens don't have trust with the efficacy of the chosen vaccine by the government. I have absolutely no idea what's gonna happen here.
Yeah the controversies is almost in all countries, it rather unfortunate that we don't really know what some set of people wish to achieve from all these pandemic scander, businesses are down and life is been lost daily.

Nevertheless, it is quite clear that enterprises around the globe are experiencing the significant impact of COVID-19 outbreak on their businesses. This has stopped them from operating and has made them to lose their customers and source of livelihood.

They said the vaccine had been released but we have never seen anything like it over here in my country. The truth is that it doesn't even matter much because if it arrives here, those in charge will hoard it and sell it to the highest bidder. My country is really a big fat mess generally.

There are many small businesses that closed in our town due to the lockdown in March. When the lockdown was lifted in May some of them reopened and some stayed closed until now. The reason is the piled up rental that instead of paying the arrears of 3 months the owner of the small business decided to just stop the business. Until now those that reopened are still struggling because people are restricted to go out. Only those aged 15 years old to 65 years old are allowed in the streets.

Yeah the controversies is almost in all countries, it rather unfortunate that we don't really know what some set of people wish to achieve from all these pandemic scander, businesses are down and life is been lost daily.
Lots of lives has been lost and yet there are still many people who doesn't take this pandemic seriously.
They said the vaccine had been released but we have never seen anything like it over here in my country. The truth is that it doesn't even matter much because if it arrives here, those in charge will hoard it and sell it to the highest bidder. My country is really a big fat mess generally.
It's so frustrating being an ordinary citizen and I hate that they are taking advantage on the prices of the vaccine.

Small and big establishments due to pandemic really affect that may lead for others to close their business. Some are really tying hard to get back how much lost on them even if it was hard to rise again. They still open their businesses even they profited a small amount compared on when pandemic didnt occur.

Lots of lives has been lost and yet there are still many people who doesn't take this pandemic seriously.

It's so frustrating being an ordinary citizen and I hate that they are taking advantage on the prices of the vaccine.
What I have come to know about life is that human beings are very capable of anything when it comes to money. They don't care who dies or lives as long as they get what they want. The most painful thing in all of this is that the masses they are exploiting are the ones who voted them in power. How shameful they can be.

The pandemic has affected all business worldwide. But it is the physical ones that suffered the most. No matter what, bloggers and vloggers still earn consistently. My mum owns a restaurant, and it has not been easy because people prefer carrying their food flask with them anywhere they go.

In my country, many businesses were affected greatly by the pandemic. At the end of the day, even the economy of the country was affected greatly. Businesses in urban areas were the most of affected due to lockdown, they had to be closed. And that also affected businesses in rural areas because they get their supplies in town, though they kept running with the little they had.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back