What's new

Trading vs. investing bitcoin - what's the difference?

Just as the words trading and investing are differently spelt, so their meanings are quite different. I see trading as the best option compared to investing. Both can be done simultaneously but trading which is done daily and in the short term is more effective.

I prefer to trade rather than investing , because if I invest for a long time and news affects the coin the price and value of my coins could drop more ,so I prefer to make my little profit daily

I think investing on cryotocurrencies is the best for me. There is no much risk on investing on cryotocurrency all you have to do is to buy and later on sell it.

That's a very apt explanation. Either of the two ways is capable of generating money for the traders. I always buy shit coins and invest in that for a longer period of time while I buy some trending coins for trading.

That's a very apt explanation. Either of the two ways is capable of generating money for the traders. I always buy shit coins and invest in that for a longer period of time while I buy some trending coins for trading.
Shitcoins ? You should even be afraid of the name shitcoins because that really means a coin that does not even have a single value and such things should not be considered for investment.

Both traders and investors seek to generate profits on the financial markets. Their methods to achieve this goal, however, are quite different. Generally, investors seek to generate a return over a longer period of time - think years or even decades. Since investors have a larger time horizon, their targeted returns for each investment tend to be larger as well.

Traders, on the other hand, try to take advantage of the market volatility. They enter and exit positions more frequently, and may seek smaller returns with each trade(since they're often entering multiple trades)

Which one is better? Which one is more suitable for you?
Since both trading and investing bitcoin genetate good profit and better return ,then I believe both are good, trading is when you buy and sell bitcoin while you put your money into investing and your money works for you.

Shitcoins ? You should even be afraid of the name shitcoins because that really means a coin that does not even have a single value and such things should not be considered for investment.
What of doge and Shiba Inu? They are memes and merely shit coins that the launchers don't really take serious until people started taking them serious. Or may be I am wrong to classify those two coins as shit coin?

What of doge and Shiba Inu? They are memes and merely shit coins that the launchers don't really take serious until people started taking them serious. Or may be I am wrong to classify those two coins as shit coin?
They are all shitcoins, and I can't invest any reasonable amount of money in this cryptocurrency because the risk is even too much, even when Shiba is increasing tremendously there is still a huge supply that has not been released into the cryptosystem, if this happens the coin is likely to rugpull.

They are all shitcoins, and I can't invest any reasonable amount of money in this cryptocurrency because the risk is even too much, even when Shiba is increasing tremendously there is still a huge supply that has not been released into the cryptosystem, if this happens the coin is likely to rugpull.
You are right. Shiba has unlimited supply of more than a trillion which means it will take longer time for it reach $1. But I am investing in this type of coin because I know it will be used as pump and dump. Now more than 500 merchants have adopted Shiba as their payment option meaning there may tremendous increment soon.

You've broken the two down adequately and even a novice would understand. Trading is usually looking at short term profits while investment looks to build a wealth pool and is long term.
I'll prefer a mix of two. The means I've devised now is to trade altcoins and invest in the major coins.

Well, some times individuals opinion and ideas may differs but to some extent, both the investment in bitcoin and it trading are almost the same time. That's to say investment and trading, requires some good amount of money and then a time to carry out the daily market business.

Investing in crypto is simple as all you need is to buy, hold and sell. While trading is done on a forex like platform where you decide what direction the value of the certain crypto is heading. And the trading requires a whole of of technical attributes to your game.

The difference between trading and investing in bitcoin, is that trading deals with day or daily business transactions while investing is to hold a bitcoin for period of time before transactions.
Trading In cryptocurrency markets, had to do with the buying and selling of cryptocurrency to earned a daily gain or interest while investing means holding of crypto for a period of time without transactions before selling out.

Last edited:
The two terms can be used simultaneously or interchangeably and could also be applied differently. You trade Bitcoin when you used the crypto currency to purchase another crypto currency to the equivalent value of the first, investing is putting a certain amount into the purchase of crypto currency with any active trading activities or the trading activities are carried out by the broker .

I have seen similar threads on savings and investment. To me, trading is also an investment. When you trade, you have invested some amount of money and that means they are the same.

I think the major difference here is that investors in cryptocurrency invest for a longer period of time for profits , why traders trade on a daily basis for profit

Trading is all about buying when the price is low and selling it when it does up, but investing is just buying and then keep it for a long time and then sell it like years later

Bitcoin is actually introduced as a digital currency that would enable digital transactions. But due to its increased value, many started to hoard Bitcoins. Many see Bitcoin as an investment rather than a tool for exchange. So investors convert their fiat currency or other assets into Bitcoins and traders speculate the price movements and swap, buy or sell the coins according to the direction of the market.

I think investment will be more convenient to me, and at the same time save me the stress of reading and monitoring news to know which will yield profit to me. It takes an organise person to trade with have bad feelings.

Well in my personal opinion I think the fundamental difference between trading and investing is that you are willing to participate in the transaction for a period of time. In trading, you reverse the buying and selling in a short period of time. When investing you invest for a long time.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back