What's new

The different between bookkeeper and accountant

Like you said that an accountant as to do with documentation of information mostly numerical or figures, in my company where i work for then. it was the accountant that used to pay our salary.
One major difference between a bookkeeper and an accountant a book keep her only keeps record while an accountant keeps record and also calculate the financial transaction that goes on in an organisation.

Thanks for the indepth explanation my friend.another explanation is that accountants are paid more than bookkeepers because they calculate losses and profits.

Personally I believe that both of them actually works with the company's book but when it comes to the one who is the accountant, he is specifically put in the department of the company's finance.

I don't think there are any significant differences between a bookkeeper and an accountant. Both of them are in charge of the company's finanacial record so they perform the same function

How often have you heard the term bookkeeper and accountant used interchangeable?. If you don't known about the difference in the service,then it is easy to be convinced about the profesion. An accountant is a person that be in charge of company financial transaction. While bookkeeper is also someone that the financial records of an organization. Kindly, tell us more difference of this topic.
I don't think there is much different because someone that study bookkeeping can also do the work of an account, it depends on the individual anyway.

Thanks for these information, it's is always great for a book keeper to understand some basics of accounting, just like most accountants can tell you more about the major fundamentals of book keeping.

Accountant maintains publications particularly monetary document of the company. Accountant handles evaluating the monetary stamina of the business. In some business, an accountant likewise maintains monetary documents of the business.

I'm not sure is there is any difference between a book keeper and an accountant. Both of them record the sales activities in a company and they report to the organization

Simply put, bookkeeping is more transactional and administrative, concerned with recording financial transactions. Accounting is more subjective, giving you insights into your business's financial health based on bookkeeping information

I don't really see much difference in the two . One can easily the the work of the other. Mostly, an accountant can do the work of bookkeeping. A bookkeeper doesn't necessarily need to be a professional. He just organise and keep the financial records of the organisation in an orderly manner.

An accountant is a person in charge of all the account of the company, he takes care of the money going in and out of the company, hes in charge of all the company finances while a book keeper is in charge of all the record of the company.

An accountant is a person in charge of all the account of the company, he takes care of the money going in and out of the company, hes in charge of all the company finances while a book keeper is in charge of all the record of the company.

Exactly, I believe that this is one of the most clear definition of the differences between an accountant and a bookkeeper in the company because when it comes to being an accountant you are strictly for the financial records of the company while the book keeper keeps all the information of the company.

Book keeper is someone that work in a book store that keeps all the book there for record purpose,so that no one of the book keep in the store get missing or destroy...

While accountant is someone that takes care of the company financial aspect,make sure everything about money in the company is well balance no fraud act taking in the company behalf..
Bookkeeping is keeping financial records why accounting is calculating the financial record and minus in your expenses from your sales know your prophet.

A bookkeeper simply keeps the daily transaction of a business for a period of time but an accountant is saddled with the responsibility of recording, classifying and interpreting financial transactions.

A bookkeeper records and classifies a company's such as sales, payroll, payment of bills, etc. Their focus is on accurate record-keeping and less focused on interpreting the data and analytics. An accountant builds on the information that is provided to them by the bookkeeper.

A bookkeeper records and classifies a company's such as sales, payroll, payment of bills, etc. Their focus is on accurate record-keeping and less focused on interpreting the data and analytics. An accountant builds on the information that is provided to them by the bookkeeper.
You are right that the bookkeeper is handling the recording that it has to be accurate at all times. The accountant is the one who produces the reports such as the statement of condition of the company and the profit and loss statement. Sometimes the bookkeeper generates the balance sheet when the accountant would instruct him to do so.

A bookkeeper can actually take care of any kind of book that is available in the company's day-to-day business activities but an accountant is strictly working under the company's finance.

In my own view I think book keeping is only focused on making and balancing account while accounting cover ups every financial records

I think you've covered the basics which is not bad despite the mistakes in your write up, it's pretty much as you've stated but accountant sounds more professional

A bookkeeper records and categorizes a company's daily financial operations such as sales, payroll, bill payment, and so on, whereas an accountant expands on the information supplied by the bookkeeper.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back