What's new

The different between bookkeeper and accountant

The different between bookkeepers and accountants.Bookkeepers and accountants sometimes do the same work. But in general, a bookkeeper's first task is to record transactions and keep you financially organized, while accountants provide consultation, analysis, and are more qualified to advise on tax matters.

Accountant has to do with money I mean the income flow in a particular company, he gives account of how the money comes in and how it goes out I think so. But the bookeper, just as the name implies centers on keeping records or documents in a company.

(1) Book keeping and accounting perform the activity of collecting, recording and organising financial statement.

Read also: how to keep financial transactions for small business.

(2) A book keeper and also an acccountant are employed in a business entity.

That is my position equally that a book keeper handles financial records of the company or institution but is not directly authorized to handle money or approve any transactions while the accountant is authorized to handle money for the institution

How often have you heard the term bookkeeper and accountant used interchangeable?. If you don't known about the difference in the service,then it is easy to be convinced about the profesion. An accountant is a person that be in charge of company financial transaction. While bookkeeper is also someone that the financial records of an organization. Kindly, tell us more difference of this topic.
I agree with your opinion, only I want to add a few major differences Bookeeper tends to more often on the daily recording process to the preparation of a balance sheet and income st. while accountants are more likely to start providing financial information and financial reports with various analyzes and ratios, also often accountants make budgets and carry out internal auditors.

A book keeper takes charge of records in the company or business firm. An account takes charge writing in the records balancing the account make sure that nothing is Missing before passing it to the book keeper.

There is a big difference between the two and accountant is more like a person who records financial transactions ,while a book keeper is someone that keeps books

From your definition i can say that a book keeper keeps the record of the financial activities when an accountant is incharge of the financial activities

Book keeping is somewhat similar to accounting in that, they are both in charge of keeping financial records. But book keeping goes an extra mile to do more than just the financial activities.

A book keeper is often in charge of all documentary work that has to do with an establishment, a book keeper organizes these documents and make it easily accessible. An accountant works on financial aspect in an establishment.

Both accounting and bookkeeping have to do with record. I think accounting deals with financial record. While bookkeeping deals with other records in a firm or company.

How often have you heard the term bookkeeper and accountant used interchangeable?. If you don't known about the difference in the service,then it is easy to be convinced about the profesion. An accountant is a person that be in charge of company financial transaction. While bookkeeper is also someone that the financial records of an organization. Kindly, tell us more difference of this topic.
There is a very good business for every person and many people are working on this and I will be in the office in the morning and I also have low on the other hand I think the Bitcoin and start the process for the best for the best way

I can say an accountant keeps the financial transactions of the company with the flow of income and expenditure while the bookkeeper only keeps record of transactions in the company.

You've already explained the major difference, one more thing, the educational qualification of an accountant is higher than that of a book keeper

Accountant cover all areas of the accounting field which also involves bookkeeping but bookkeeping is only one part of accountancy. This is one big difference between accountants and bookkeepers.

Book keeping it's like keeping record off all the transaction that takes place in the company or the shop, accounting is the act of balancing all financial transaction that goes on in the company.

Book keeping it's like keeping record off all the transaction that takes place in the company or the shop, accounting is the act of balancing all financial transaction that goes on in the c
One of the big difference between bookkeeping and accounting is bookkeeping is a branch of accounting why accounting comprises of all financial statements.

Well said I think you have laid It out pretty well. I think they perform similar functions, but like you rightly stated in your thread, little difference.

I didn't see much difference from your definition only that one goes to the bank and the other doesn't, so one does the transaction the other keeps the record.

Interesting, we learn everyday and this place is surely a place to learn.
Nice one!
Actually both can go to the bank as both accountant and book keeper need access to source documents but the difference is that an accountant is in charge of preparing the annual statement from the books of the bookeeper.

Bookkeeper are in charge of all transaction record both income and expenditures of the company while accountants interpret, summarize and give financial advise to the company ma nagement.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back