What's new

Stop mining on your laptop

Mining on laptops are expensive but effective, so I can't say it is good to advise people to stop it. It depends on the Perosn and the country in question. The cost of electricity is the paramount problem. Just learn to calculate the cost of mining and how much you make, then decide if it is worth your time.

Thank for the information, I have already heard this from my friend when I told him that my laptop's not more stay longer, a d he now told to stop using it for mining platform. He said it is the one that draining my laptop battery, and I stopped using it since then.

Mining on laptops are expensive but effective, so I can't say it is good to advise people to stop it. It depends on the Perosn and the country in question. The cost of electricity is the paramount problem. Just learn to calculate the cost of mining and how much you make, then decide if it is worth your time.
The cost of the electricity is just one factor. In my opinion, if you are using a laptop to mine, the more pressing cost is not the cost of electricity but rather the damage that you are doing to your machine during the process of mining. The cost that it will be to repair the damage made to the battery and cpu of your machine will far exceed what you are making in the mining. Furthermore there are cases where machines cannot even be used post mining operation, and therefore the cost incurred will be that to replace the laptop entirely. Therefore electricity is just one factor or problem experienced.

When you get into crypto the easiest thing to do is faucets and mining. These require the least amount of knowledge and gives you the time to earn something in the interim and this can be quite attractive.

However, I advise that all new users of crypto avoid mining on their machine unless they have the correct equipment. First of all mining on your laptop will lead to low hashrates, which leads to low rewards. Therefore you will run at a loss, because the energy costs to run your laptop is higher than what you are earning. Secondly, mining can actually damage you laptop in terms of its battery and even the cpu on your machine. Therefore it is very important to avoid mining and if you are interested in mining, the look into investing in the right equipment.
I really love the fact that people in this great forum are always ready to share their knowledge with us I every way. God bless the administrators of this wonderful platform. A day will never pass without me learning from this site

Concerning stopping mining on our laptop. Well, all has been said in details, mining on phones and laptops causes more danger than good to the device and also ourselves as a user. The heat generated when mining is too much because it was originally not built for that purpose , that is why we have special or super computers which are dedicated for such duties and operations

When you get into crypto the easiest thing to do is faucets and mining. These require the least amount of knowledge and gives you the time to earn something in the interim and this can be quite attractive.

However, I advise that all new users of crypto avoid mining on their machine unless they have the correct equipment. First of all mining on your laptop will lead to low hashrates, which leads to low rewards. Therefore you will run at a loss, because the energy costs to run your laptop is higher than what you are earning. Secondly, mining can actually damage you laptop in terms of its battery and even the cpu on your machine. Therefore it is very important to avoid mining and if you are interested in mining, the look into investing in the right equipment.
This the true side of mining if the equipment used for mining is not enough to sustain the power cost by machine it is really sad it ends up nothing has gain, the parts of the machine that will lose due to mining is very much costing.

You have a point there. If someone wants to mine in a computer, they must use a powerful chipset to cope with mining. I know someone who is really into bitcoin mining, he told me that they really spend a lot of money for equipments to be used in mining set up.

Cryptojacking is the unauthorized use of someone else’s computer to mine cryptocurrency. Hackers do this by either getting the victim to click on a malicious link in an email that loads cryptomining code on the computer, or by infecting a website or online ad with JavaScript code that auto-executes once loaded in the victim’s browser.

Cryptojacking definition​

Cryptojacking is the unauthorized use of someone else’s computer to mine cryptocurrency. Hackers do this by either getting the victim to click on a malicious link in an email that loads cryptomining code on the computer, or by infecting a website or online ad with JavaScript code that auto-executes once loaded in the victim’s browser.

[ How much does a cyber attack really cost? Take a look at the numbers. | Get the latest from CSO by signing up for our newsletters. ]

Either way, the cryptomining code then works in the background as unsuspecting victims use their computers normally. The only sign they might notice is slower performance or lags in execution.

I have not tried faucets, but I did try a couple of mining programs that used my laptop power to mine bitcoin. I never kept my laptop booted up just because some mining program is working in the background. However, whenever I was working on my laptop the mining program was also running. When I found that I was not even earning $1 in a month but making my laptop slow, I removed the programs.
Post automatically merged:

I have not tried faucets, but I did try a couple of mining programs that used my laptop power to mine bitcoin. I never kept my laptop booted up just because some mining program is working in the background. However, whenever I was working on my laptop the mining program was also running. When I found that I was not even earning $1 in a month but making my laptop slow, I removed the programs.

This the true side of mining if the equipment used for mining is not enough to sustain the power cost by machine it is really sad it ends up nothing has gain, the parts of the machine that will lose due to mining is very much costing.
I personally did try mining on my laptop and was able to make this thread based on my personal experience. I have found that through the use of mining, I damaged my laptop battery considerably, to the point where it was no longer able to hold charge based on the fact that mining depletes your battery. The cost to replace my batter was much more that I had made from the mining venture.

It depends on what you are mining exactly because you can't mine all coins with your laptop in the first place. The problem is if you don't use your laptop to mine then you might have to get a new mining rig or you build one and that can be really expensive. Secondly if you even decide to mine with your laptop for coins like bitcoin then you would be wasting your time and resources because only a powerful rig can get something out of Bitcoin.

Mining cryptocurrencies is a great way to earn small amounts of residual income (that could possibly be worth much more in the future). This is becoming an alternative revenue source some websites (and people with more nefarious intentions) are banking on.
Salon.com, for example, is giving readers the option to opt out of advertisements in exchange for letting the site use their CPUs to mine Monero, a cryptocurrency that's easier to mine than Bitcoin and has a current market cap of $4.6 billion.

There is something about minnig. In crypto currency mining. The coin that is been mined don't just use hardware to mine. They first start from personal computer using the graphic card.
As the difficulty increases so as mining with graphic card becomes impossible. That leads to introduction of hardware. If the coin is new, it can be mines with laptop

There is something about minnig. In crypto currency mining. The coin that is been mined don't just use hardware to mine. They first start from personal computer using the graphic card.
As the difficulty increases so as mining with graphic card becomes impossible. That leads to introduction of hardware. If the coin is new, it can be mines with laptop
If the coin is new then the difficulty to mine the coin is not that high, however the value as well of the coin may be low and if you are using your laptop there will still be damage because you are still using your laptop power to mine the coin, be it an old or a new coin. Therefore, if it is a new coin that you are looking at you have to weigh out the pros and the cons of mining with your laptop and if it is worth it.

I tried mining on my laptop a few years ago and I was not even able to earn a single penny out of it due to the fact that my laptop's hardware was not powerful enough. You can try mining on laptops that are quite advance and consume low power. Unfortunately, there are not any such kind of laptops in existence.

Mining on your working computer is not the worth of your time and effort. The damage on your computer is far greater than then reward you will be earning

One hundred percent I agree with you. I think the battery of my laptop was damaged because of mining. I stopped cryptocurrency mining due to this loss.

One hundred percent I agree with you. I think the battery of my laptop was damaged because of mining. I stopped cryptocurrency mining due to this loss.
I had a similar experience as well and the battery health that was initially around 70% had dropped down to just over 30% of its original health and this was quite expensive to replace as well.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back