What's new

Stop mining on your laptop

You have really put up an educating post above. I agree with you completely on the danger of mining coins using a laptop. I use to wonder if the people that claim to mine coins with laptop actually say the truth. I am not doubting them though. That is just my opinion.

this is the first time I've heard of it. Thank you for the information; I've learned a lot. I agree that the heat generated by mining on your laptop can cause damage to the laptop's components, including the battery. This would need you to replace the machine as a whole, which would be unnecessary for mining such a small quantity.

You have really put up an educating post above. I agree with you completely on the danger of mining coins using a laptop. I use to wonder if the people that claim to mine coins with laptop actually say the truth. I am not doubting them though. That is just my opinion.
You are able to mine with your laptop so the chances are that they are speaking the truth however they will be earning very little. So if they are saying that they are getting large profits then that is likely not the case from my experience.

There's a lot of great information on this thead. Mining has definitely gotten harder and less profitable for the average person. There are many altcoins that you can mine instead of Bitcoin and some of them may be better, but all of these should be approached with caution - even though some mining options don't use as much energy anymore, many of them end up destroying your phone/computer.

Hmmmm, thank you for this piece of information. I never knew mining have the right equipment to use neither did i know mining on your laptop may cause losses.

You can mine monero on your laptop as monero is easist coin to mine, however, it is quite impossible to mine bitcoin on your personal computer. I have used browser mining and it is not profitable.

Hmmmm, thank you for this piece of information. I never knew mining have the right equipment to use neither did i know mining on your laptop may cause losses.
Yes it does, minning on your phone would also cause damages as well. It could crash the phone or even damage the battery. Unless you are mining things like pi, those type where created to consume less power so it's safe to mine that.

Mining cryptocurrency is not my favourite way of making money online. I got discouraged by the number of resources you need to expand in order to mine cryptocurrency.

Yes it does, minning on your phone would also cause damages as well. It could crash the phone or even damage the battery. Unless you are mining things like pi, those type where created to consume less power so it's safe to mine that.
Alright, i'm aware of this now. I'll take not from now on.

When you get into crypto the easiest thing to do is faucets and mining. These require the least amount of knowledge and gives you the time to earn something in the interim and this can be quite attractive.

However, I advise that all new users of crypto avoid mining on their machine unless they have the correct equipment. First of all mining on your laptop will lead to low hashrates, which leads to low rewards. Therefore you will run at a loss, because the energy costs to run your laptop is higher than what you are earning. Secondly, mining can actually damage you laptop in terms of its battery and even the cpu on your machine. Therefore it is very important to avoid mining and if you are interested in mining, the look into investing in the right equipment.

I have never used and I do not encourage mining on laptop / pc / phone because it is a weak mining and it is not worth wasting time and resources for a few pennies. for example, if you have an internet room and you mine all at once, to say yes, you could risk ... but from a single PC, personal, or laptop ... it's not worth it.

I hve never used my phone to mine. But I have tried mining on my laptop. have used crypto browser mining as well s mining through a software (I don't remember the name). I gave up.

It have happened to me lot of times ,and I think one thing you need to note is that it could really damage your laptop ,most especially when your laptop dosent have the capability and you are still forcing it to mine ,the best thing is to just buy a mining rig

You have said it all and I almost fall a victim of the consequences of this very act. I do mine various cryptocurrencies on both my PC and mobile phone until a friend enlightened me on its disadvantages, then I had to stop it all considering I earn very little from it

I sometimes ago heard that mining without laptop can be destructive at times and might cause us to be exposed to attack from those hackers roaming around.

Bitcoin mining or Crypto-jacking takes place when someone else uses your computer to ‘mine’ a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Rather than benefit yourself, however, any mined (collected) coins go into the attacker’s (or their client’s) account. By crypto-jacking your machine the crypto-jacker steals and utilizes your resources, in the form of your machine processing power and electricity, and converts them into capital for themselves

Thanks for the information shared. Yeah, am in support that we shouldn't mine crytocurrency with our laptops as they are even not protected at time.
So the best is to get those equipment for mining but they are too cost.
When you get into crypto the easiest thing to do is faucets and mining. These require the least amount of knowledge and gives you the time to earn something in the interim and this can be quite attractive.

However, I advise that all new users of crypto avoid mining on their machine unless they have the correct equipment. First of all mining on your laptop will lead to low hashrates, which leads to low rewards. Therefore you will run at a loss, because the energy costs to run your laptop is higher than what you are earning. Secondly, mining can actually damage you laptop in terms of its battery and even the cpu on your machine. Therefore it is very important to avoid mining and if you are interested in mining, the look into investing in the right equipment.

Thanks for the information shared. Yeah, am in support that we shouldn't mine crytocurrency with our laptops as they are even not protected at time.
So the best is to get those equipment for mining but they are too cost.
They are very expensive if you are trying to get the right equipment however i think that it is more of an investment because it should be able to pay for itself in no time.

Research has make me to understand that mining of cryptocurrency with a laptop is never advised because it can damage the laptop and yet we won't be able to mine a single satoshi of Bitcoin because of the complex algorithm that must be solved. It is advised that we use tools that are purely dedicated for this purpose.

I don't use my laptop for mining of cryptocurrency. There are so many platforms that claims they can sell a good mining app. It seems most of them are scammers because even me I do not believe in mining of cryptocurrency with an app.

I don't have a laptop talkless of mining Bitcoin. Yes I have research and I have come across so many write-up that talks about the dangers of mining cryptocurrency with your personal computer.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back