What's new

Sports in Nigeria, Forward or Backward?

Sport in Nigeria is so completely backward. As such nothing can be done about it cause the leaders are not true lovers of it. So we only hope for the better.

Concerning Nigeria sport, moving forward or backward. Well, I don't think there has been any vital or noticable improvement in the sporting sector of Nigeria because nothing seemed to have changed over the years, we dont even have access to watch the Nigeria premier league matches on our local channels which I feel it is too bad
Exactly, spot on. It's not moving at all. No recognizable progress and it's not slacking either just stagnant. More should be done to improve this sector

Looking from the recent developments in the country as regards all of the economy, we would want to hastily say that all sectors of the nation are at a halt. The happenings of recent days with Blessing Okagbare and some other notable achievements make me think is sport part of the nation that is halted or is it just tnhe persons that are involved that are trying to make a name and a niche for themselves? So let's talk, is it forward, backward or a standstill?
All sector of the Nigerian economy is at a standstill. Nothing seems to be working including the sport and games sector.

Looking from the recent developments in the country as regards all of the economy, we would want to hastily say that all sectors of the nation are at a halt. The happenings of recent days with Blessing Okagbare and some other notable achievements make me think is sport part of the nation that is halted or is it just tnhe persons that are involved that are trying to make a name and a niche for themselves? So let's talk, is it forward, backward or a stand still?
We are definitely making tremendous progress in the development of Nigerian sport as now there a lot of people more interested in the Nigerian brand of soccer or football that is so much talk about everywhere and we now have brothers spectrum of sponsors for most local competitions than we used to have in the past.

I think I can say this with more certainty that sports in Nigeria is no where near okay or interesting. The sports in Nigeria is too much of corruption and politics that they've really lost direction

I am an Algerian guy; Nigeria has plenty of good players, we have played against them 2 years at the half-final of the African Cup, and we won them at the last minute.

As Nigerian I believe that we are actually have good players just like you mentioned but one of the major problem that our national team is facing is the politics that happens in our Football Federation.

Let me just tell you the real fact about Nigeria and it's sport, we can't move forward unless we decide to move ourselves the best sport year for the Nigerian sport was the usa 94 and Atlanta96 after that the government took it over and every one said nothing so as far as moving forward it is not
Concerning Nigeria sport, moving forward or backward. Well, I don't think there has been any vital or noticable improvement in the sporting sector of Nigeria because nothing seemed to have changed over the years, we dont even have access to watch the Nigeria premier league matches on our local channels which I feel it is too bad

Nigeria is a country who focus more on political issue than making a better future for the next generation.
There is no improvement in the sport sector of the country and there no plans for improvement

There is hardly any time people in Nigeria will ever have the leasure time to go about watching sports like it's obtainable outside of Nigeria. The struggle for their daily survival is too much

Sport in Nigeria is going backwards. No reasonable development, sport infrastructures is nothing to write home about. Our only consolation are the hardworking sport men and women making us proud with little or no support.

I will say that sport is really going down as far as Nigeria is concerned..I want to draw my conclusion using the just concluded Olympics..I can't really tell how many medals the sportsmen brought back

Nigeria is endowed with many resources and knowledgeable people but it is now left for them to utilize the resource on the sport to makes the players excel

Looking from the recent developments in the country as regards all of the economy, we would want to hastily say that all sectors of the nation are at a halt. The happenings of recent days with Blessing Okagbare and some other notable achievements make me think is sport part of the nation that is halted or is it just tnhe persons that are involved that are trying to make a name and a niche for themselves? So let's talk, is it forward, backward or a stand still?
I would say its moving forward.
We've had shortcomings
But above that, we've had many instances where we won or went some levels up.
Post automatically merged:

It is going forward, despite its slow pace.
I think the industry lacks development.
So many footballers complain about the government not caring about their welfare and all. They say to some extent, the government is unsupportive. I don't know how factual that is.

Last edited:
We all Nigeria is a country of backwardness and its such a pity, let look back at the time when we had big name of players in the English premiership and all across Europe it was like we were dominating the world of football but is happening now.

I don't think there has been any indispensable or noticeable improvement in the brandishing area of Nigeria since nothing appeared to have changed throughout the long term, we don't even approach watch the Nigeria chief association matches on our neighborhood stations which I feel it is really awful

Sometimes it seems to be progressing and then othervtimes seems to be on a standstill. I believe if the right energy a d funding is directed to sports in Nigeria,we can actually do better

There is nothing too much to talk about in Nigeria's sports underdevelopment, the solutions are clear and the body in charge knows this, channel funds to improvement of participants welfare, talent search, better coaches, explore more sports etc Whenever there are competitions, make sure all materials are fully available and funds channeled for the right purposes, the corruption rate seems just too high.

Sometimes it seems to be progressing and then othervtimes seems to be on a standstill. I believe if the right energy a d funding is directed to sports in Nigeria,we can actually do better
Yes but the painful part of it is that majority of the times it is on a stand still. You are right in needing the right energy, the government today tend to neglect the sports sector yet they expect them to perform well.

When it comes to sports as usual, Nigeria is far behind and nothing can be done about it. They lack major facilities to take up a normal sport event and I really wish they all are ok. We hope our country gets up to do the needful
For me sport is growing in Nigeria compared to other sectors of the country although a lot still needs to be done in the country but as far as growth is concerned it is actually growing in leaps and bounds.

To me I don't really no about football but I love it,and to what am seeing here is that Nigeria as a country is not helping there own sport cos they lack focused and concentration on there players and without that no way to grow and the so called leaders

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back