What's new

Should an item be returned for full refund even if it's already been used?

No business owner can receive any goods return after been used, you can return unless you find any error then you can return, without that I don't think there is any reason one can return goods been used.
If you find a tangible error in the product it is your right to return it and be refunded. But if you do not find any error and it spoilt from your hand then you should not return because it does not make sense.

there are a lot of conditions for a product to be returned. if the product spoilt because of your carelessness it will not be accepted by the company. But if it is your fault it will be accepted.
Sometimes it may be very difficult for them to know why the product may not be working normally . They might start believing that you have smashed the product on the floor and they may use this as an excuse not to change it.

I think electrical appliances is quite returnable but there are some items that cannot be returned. they usually give guarantees on electrical appliances.
You're right about that. I am only aware of the electrical appliances part because that's the one I am very sure you could return if it turns out to be bad. You could also return clothing materials if you discover they are fake.

For me, I do not think I can return an item that I've already used. If I had not used it, it would have been a different ball game but because I have opened it and used it , ido not want to return it because I'm an enterpreneur too.
let say for instance after you open the goods you confirm that the goods has a defect probably from the manufacturers, what would you then do in such instances, for me i would return back the product.

No business owner can receive any goods return after been used, you can return unless you find any error then you can return, without that I don't think there is any reason one can return goods been used.
Probably, it does not make sense to be a walkover in the business. You should try to set your rules and regulations and make it very clear to your customers so that they will not try to exploit.
Sometimes it may be very difficult for them to know why the product may not be working normally . They might start believing that you have smashed the product on the floor and they may use this as an excuse not to change it.
I think it is always important that you have some kind of evidence so that you'll be able to explain to them exactly what happened to the product. Of course it is normal for them to suspect.

Last edited:
I think it depends on the company policies and how the supply the goes to their customers. if goods are supplied in good conditions, it will be very difficult to accept a return goods expecting a refund of it.

Well there are some items most especially things or stuffs been ordered online that could be returned immediately once the warrant is not yet over but it do not happen in all cases.
yes, it does not happens on all case but it depends on the nature of the damage, like for electronics if it is a power issue then your warranty does not cover that aspect and you can not refund it.

Conditions and terms govern everything. I'm not sure about clothing, but I've had phones that have been returned after being used for about a month and received a refund. Some products' terms and conditions permit buyers to return the items they purchased, even after using them.

I completely disagree with the store in question's return policy. Once a product is purchased, the transaction is recorded in the store's system and treated as though value-added taxation had been applied. Therefore, due to the nature of the goods, a full refund cannot be allowed.

Anybody who has wanted to buy from you at one point or the other definitely I needed the product and as such if the product is bad then he should return it and get a new one.

I think it depends on the company policies and how the supply the goes to their customers. if goods are supplied in good conditions, it will be very difficult to accept a return goods expecting a refund of it.
Sometimes the company may think that the goods are in good quality but they may be wrong. So I think there should be a balanced approach when deciding whether to take a product or not.

Actually goods can be returned for full refund but under certain conditions most especially when the goods are not supplied in good condition or failed to provide quality services as it has been paid for.

Sometimes the company may think that the goods are in good quality but they may be wrong. So I think there should be a balanced approach when deciding whether to take a product or not.
like as i said earlier, the company should not just burnish every customers complain after purchasing a new item as some of the complains are legitimate and would go a long way to decide how the relationship would go.

like as i said earlier, the company should not just burnish every customers complain after purchasing a new item as some of the complains are legitimate and would go a long way to decide how the relationship would go.
how proative the business venture is in attending to their customers will determine their relationship. If a customer complaints the business ventures should make investigations to know how to solve the problem.

how proative the business venture is in attending to their customers will determine their relationship. If a customer complaints the business ventures should make investigations to know how to solve the problem.
This should be the standard for so many Businesses and also it would help reduce the loss of the business, because of the investigation part, that would help them to ascertain where the problem is coming from.

A used item in my own opinion might be returned for full refund even after you have used some of it depending on the issue wuth the product , though i don't like returning a product thats bad or expired but some product are way too expensive just to be left alone , so it has to be returned do full refund .

Well, I guess that's what having a guarantee is for, right? If I purchased a phone and after a while it starts to malfunction in stuffs that are supposed to be inbuilt then I would take it back to swap for a brand new one or a full refund.

Some shops find ways of getting around this. Sometimes they won't issue a refund, but instead store credit, which means they will be keeping that money and you're forced to pick out a product. They do this a lot with clothing items. Most stores will just take the product and allow the buyer to buy another one in its place.

If they want a refund, give it to them, and keep their info in mind, as they may come back to do the same thing.

We have a store here in the States called Walmart (perhaps it's worldwide) but their return policy has always been pretty lenient. I've seen customers return items, even clothing, that have obviously been used or worn without the price tag still attached, but in the customer's hand. They will accept and refund items without a receipt if the customer has some kind of proof that it was purchased in the store.
What are your thoughts on this?
I think it depends on the kind of item that has been bought. Some products have a periodic warranty on them so you are definitely guaranteed a refund once you bring it back

It's pretty much the same here in the UK when it comes to returns, people can return their item any time within 28 days usually and there will be no questions asked, in most cases, people have worn say the item if it's clothing and then just want the money back and they will take the item back and issue a refund without any questions. I do feel that if it is with clothing, there should be a more limited return date to prevent this kind of thing from happening. I know during COVID they were taking items of clothing back but having it quarantined for 72 hours before it was allowed to be sold again, even if that is the case, not knowing if someone else wore it before puts me off.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back