Promoting a domain before it goes live?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have heard of people doing this just to get buzz out and have people be curious about what the site is or will be. I am not sure it will work for all niches but it sounds like an interesting concept that could work for some. Have you ever tried it? What scenarios would you say work best for this?

I have never done this. What is the point of promoting a domain when it is not attached to any live website? I know a lot of people do this for building backlinks for the domain so that it will have high Domain Authority.

You could promote a domain this way, but I'd advise writing up a page to announce it's coming at least, or a down for construction post and when the site will be up. I wouldn't go heavy on promoting it until you actually have a set made and set up, but you can put initial word out about your site if you want, but make sure to let them know it's a work in progress yet.

using under under-construction page for your domain might be good if you plan to set up a website. You can start promoting your domain before your website is ready. However, I do not see any value in promoting a parked domain. When a domain is not associated with any website, it will show as a broken link and a lot of websites do not like to have broken links on their websites, even when the owner is promoting it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back