Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
How much would you say people make being editors and proofreaders for writers? I feel like it is probably a filled up niche, but I think if I can offer my services I could draw in some money.

Do you think it's even worth working as an editor/proofreader for a writer? I would love to work on a writers novel or something.

In order to earn as a proofreader or editor, you must be proficient in the language chose. If you work in English language, you need to either be a native (someone from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand), or have university degree in English language

How much would you say people make being editors and proofreaders for writers? I feel like it is probably a filled up niche, but I think if I can offer my services I could draw in some money.

Do you think it's even worth working as an editor/proofreader for a writer? I would love to work on a writers novel or something.
The amount of money they make proof reading and editing may be small but if you gather this amount you will be surprised that they make cool money.

Quote of today
Believe in what you can do... If you are not good enough then dedicate yourself into learning. The world is demanding be sellable

People this days make a lot of money by either writing or proof reading an already written work. The pay would largely depend on the particular aspect you are in and how good you are .you are defiantly going to earn more than a hundred dollars.

To become an editor and proofreader for writers, you must be really good, not only in the language, but also in grammar rules, spelling and everything that has to do with writing, since the writer himself usually already has some knowledge about it. If you are good then you will have very good earnings.

In order to earn from proof reading and editing, you need a degree in language and literature. If you want to edit and proof read English books/journals, you need degree in English language and literature.

The price varies according to the quality info offered, i searched through fiverr, and i see price ranges ranging from 10 to 15 dollars, this is dependent on the number of pages.

You are probably very correct..it is a filled up nich because you hardly get or see any site or platform requesting for such manpower tonl help work for them

The price varies according to the quality info offered, i searched through fiverr, and i see price ranges ranging from 10 to 15 dollars, this is dependent on the number of pages.
This ^ is about right..
Many transcription companies will even bump up typists to proofreader positions. I did this at two companies and it’s a very easy job. (If you enjoy spotting errors and then semi-yelling at people for their mistakes.)
The transcription companies just keep an eye on your finished transcripts. If their editors don’t need to do much, (or anything) to the typist’s work, they already start considering them for the position.

There is not a fixed rate for someone that is into proofreading and editing nich. You can get an estimate from those who are already into that field of activities for the rates you should use for yours

In order to earn as a proof reader and editor, you need to be highly proficient in your chosen language. For example, if you wnat to proof read and edit English language, you need to be highly skilled in English language

To earn as an editor or a proof reader, first things first you have to be proficient in the said language if not there would be problems down the line, there are opportunities like this online too

I made my first and easiest $5 on upwork by proofreading a 3 paged document. Best part is I didn't do any part with my head, I had a tool that just did it right. I'm talking about grammarly.
If you have a good command of native American English, you're in a potential well of income

These days, writing or editing someone else's already written work can pay quite well.
Your income would mostly depend on the industry you work in and your level of skill.
Without a doubt, you'll make more money than $100.

According to information published by PayScale.com:
  • The average proofreader in the United States makes approximately $18.90 per hour.
  • The bottom 10 percent of proofreaders earn just under $12 per hour, while the top 90 percent earn over $30 per hour.
  • Some proofreaders are paid a bonus, with bonuses ranging from $200 to $5,000, on average.
  • The total take-home pay of the average proofreader is between $26,000 and $64,000 per year.

Keep in mind that these numbers can vary widely depending on the type of job you have, where you live, and your years of experience.

Individuals nowadays earn a significant amount of money through either writing or reviewing someone else's work. The salary would be mostly determined by the specific element you engage and the level of excellence you display.

Proofreading and editing jobs can earn you so well if you are skilled. So many freelancing sites offer this jobs and people earn well from them. You just need to apply and pass their qualifications.

You need to have skills and to know how to promote yourself because there are a lot of competitors you can earn a good ammount of money some peaple even make a full time living

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back