What's new

Making productive an idle land

If I have a land which I'm not ready to build a structure on, I would make it productive by cultivating on it. I can't leave my land idle because someone else would leverage on it.

Engaging in family on the idol and will make it more productive. instead of planting you can even use the land for rearing goats sheep cattles etc. Make sure you obtain the necessary documents in order to fully secure the land from land grabbers.

This is a very wonderful idea as it is a waste keeping a land without investing in it. But I think that not all fruits can do well in all the lands. But one must be ready to maintain it for the plants to do well.

When you have a land for investment make it profitable instead of leaving it idle for many years. Trees would be the best answer for that. Plant the land with fruit trees that will start to yield harvest in 5 years. You can also plant lumber trees like mahogany that you can sell the wood after 10 years of growing. Another kind of tree that you can plant is bamboo which you can sell the bamboo poles. Here, one bamboo pole costs 1 dollar which is big money if you will have a lot of bamboo groves. If you are in a tropical country another good money maker for an idle land is coconut plantation.
Over here, people convert their idle lands to farmlands. Some even rent the land out to farmers who would take it up and cultivate crops.
Instead of leaving the land bare, it's ideal to do something monetary out of it.

This is a very common practice in my country, lands are usually used for Farming by either the landlord or by anyone who takes permission form the land owner. They do this until the land ready for development or sale.

You've made very valid points. Idle land should be made productive by planting economic trees. In my country people plant moringa tree and cashew trees because the nuts are in high demand and .very lucrative

When you have a land for investment make it profitable instead of leaving it idle for many years. Trees would be the best answer for that. Plant the land with fruit trees that will start to yield harvest in 5 years. You can also plant lumber trees like mahogany that you can sell the wood after 10 years of growing. Another kind of tree that you can plant is bamboo which you can sell the bamboo poles. Here, one bamboo pole costs 1 dollar which is big money if you will have a lot of bamboo groves. If you are in a tropical country another good money maker for an idle land is coconut plantation.
If you have a land which you have not been able to sell out, instead of leaving it idle, you can convert the land into something that you would still derive gain from. You can use the land for crop cultivation or animal rearing, until you are ready to sell it out.

If you are having a land that you are not using at the moment then you can call surveyors to check if the land is fertile. You can use advantage of this for cultivating crops or even rearing animals.

Very true, you could even make it a farm for agriculture, planting stuff like cucumbers, plantain, corn, tomatoees, pepper, vegetables, these things can serve you and family pending the time that you sell or you are ready to build, you could also sell the fruits for money people will gladly buy fresh fruits and vegetables of your hands for a good price.
Planting some basic vegitable edibles that one can easilly make use of and possibly sell,is one way of making good use of such idle land.This will go a long way to reduce the cost of getting such products outside.

This is a fascinating idea. There are some family that depend largely on selling those fruits and the felling tree on their piece of land. When someone have idle lands like that they can plant tree are the valuable in the export market. It s like invest in to the future. Another thing some can do with idle land is to turn it into farm be it crop farming or livestock faking.

Asides crop farming, you can also invest in animal farming which is equally as profitable; also you can develop the land and lease it out - or better still lease it out to thoe who have the mind to farm and don't have the land to do so.

This is one of the best post I have ever come across in this forum. I am not saying this just because I have to comment. It's coming from my heart. A lot of land are waisting around without people making use of it. And it's nice hearing a Baboo pole cost $1 there.

Agriculture has proven to be very successful in the past couple of years and I think that if you have an idle land that you will want to utilise then you should use it for farming.

I have a really good experiencea concerning a land that is rather idle from a friend,what i did after discussion with him is that,i started planting vegitable on the land,and to my surprise,it is yielding something reasonable for me.

Have you ever considered clearing it and giving it out for rentals for people who want to host open events. This is something that can fit you decent money without having to do anything.

Have you ever considered clearing it and giving it out for rentals for people who want to host open events. This is something that can fit you decent money without having to do anything.
This is also another way to make money from idle land but it depends on location. If the land is in hot location where they are many people, it'll bring a lot of many. I know someone who is in charge of renting out a popular field in my area. The land bring much money.

It is something nice to do, but it is definitely not going to be easy at all. You just have to try as much as possible to make sure you have so much money to be able to build from the scratch.

You are correct. I myself would rent the land to farmers who will pay me from their profits although it is not as lucrative as being the fare yourself but it is still a good way to put an idle land to good use.

You are correct. I myself would rent the land to farmers who will pay me from their profits although it is not as lucrative as being the fare yourself but it is still a good way to put an idle land to good use.
Renting your land for agriculture is a good avenue to make extra income from an idle land,but it will not be as when you are doing it by yourself.There is huge profit available if one can utilize the land very well.

I just used my land to plant 30 stands of plantain. It stood there for more than 6 years and we ate and sold plantain for those years. In the long run, we made money and still sold out the land at the end.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back