What's new

long or short name?

PlayBall

Acquaintance
Jun 5, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
When you are coming up with a domain name, do you usually go for a long or short name and why? I have seen some websites with really long domain names but I never remember them and I also have seen sites with short domain names and I definitely remember them. I tend to pick the shorter name as it is easier to remember it and it looks more professional too.

I would go with a short name normally due to the memory thing and a long one can seem silly. I would also avoid dashes in the name. Now I'm not some fanatic about "not getting a .com" but some feel .com should be gotten because of memory and what they claim is a professional "look of it".

I'd rather come up with a short domain name so it's easier to read and remember. Long names don't make any sense to me and it would be such a hassle if the domain name needs to be included on any printed material.

Who wants a long name when short names are available? However, the major issues is it is not possible to find short domain names with popular extension like dot com and dot net, so people end up registering a very long domain name.

Short names have always been what I preferred unless I am not able to have a short domain name due to the name of the site that I have.

In most cases, if I am able to I try to go for a short domain name as I feel that those are much easier to remember for your members and visitors and smaller names can help a lot when it comes to things such as word of mouth when your visitors share your website.

I will mostly prefer Short term name because Short domain names are easier to type, remember, and share. They have a higher chance of being available since shorter, more concise names tend to be in higher demand. Short domain names are also more visually appealing and professional, making them a better choice for businesses

I will mostly prefer Short term name because Short domain names are easier to type, remember, and share. They have a higher chance of being available since shorter, more concise names tend to be in higher demand. Short domain names are also more visually appealing and professional, making them a better choice for businesses

This is true. I will always place having short names ahead of longer names because I will be sure that I am working on something that most people can easily remember and type too. This is not to say that making use of long names is not okay, but I don't feel too comfortable making use of it as a website name.

Short names have always been what I preferred unless I am not able to have a short domain name due to the name of the site that I have.

In most cases, if I am able to I try to go for a short domain name as I feel that those are much easier to remember for your members and visitors and smaller names can help a lot when it comes to things such as word of mouth when your visitors share your website.
If you go with a popular option like dot com, it is not possible to get a short domain. For a lot of other popular domain extensions as well it is quite not possible to get a short domain name. Unless you create a brandable domain like Bizdustry, it is really not possible to get a short domain. A lot of two-word domains I own are 10 letters and longer, which is a comparatively longer domain.

We are likely to capture and remember shorter domains than thaw long and complicated one.

While typing domains in the address bar of your browser, which do you prefer, definitely will be the short one so as to safe you time and less stress some of your brain cells. Lol

I try to go with shorter names myself, they're easier to remember and they look better IMO. I've even used an abbreviation for a domain name once, I had the site Mighty No. 9 Universe and managed to snag up the domain name MN9U.com too.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back