What's new

Is there a way to make your "down page" more interesting?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In the event your site goes down, can you make a static page that has more information on it. Maybe a way to contact your or something interesting to mess around with while waiting for the site to come back up so traffic isn't lost?

I do not know about other content management systems but on wordpress you get a lot of plugins that will display the website under maintenance. By using this plugin, you can offer insights to your visitor about your website when it is down.

I don't do this myself, but I am aware that you can set up your own down page, like a 404 page sort of thing. I've seen some sites advertise their site or brand in the down page, and mention they will be right back. I think a simple 404 page saying the site is down, and maybe have a fun graphic and also point to your social media accounts so users can check in on updates if the site happens to be down for an extended period of time.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back