What's new

Is Setting Up an Online Store a High-Risk Investment?

Every form of business, whether offline or online carries various degree of risk, so the online business is not exempted from this, you have to do your due diligence first, before venturing into any kind of business at all.

You are definately going to need some cash to start an online store but i wouldn't see it as highly risk unless you are the intending seller and you go into perishable goods.

Tho it is common fact that every business has it own set of risks involved, but i dont think starting up an online store can be classified as high risk investment. Your major issue would be getting good traffic to your site and once you are able to tackle this, then you are good to go.
There is no type of business that does not have high risk, do use only depend on your perspective or I will say you are asked you to wash such business if you have positive mind towards anything you do you will succeed no matter how risky it is.

I am thinking about setting an online store. You might ask, how much money I am investing? Here is the breakdown of the investment.
Domain: $13 (dot com from namecheap)
Hosting: $95 (VPS from namecheap
Content management: $384 (Shopify basic membership
Add on: $200 (approx)
Digital Marketing: $500 (approx)
I will need a total $1156 to setup an online store and promote the store on social media to generate sales. The cost does not include the price for product manufacturing or procurement. I will need an additional $1000 to either procure products or manufacture products. Will I actually make money from this store? There is no guarantee.
So, do you think setting an online store is also a high-risk investment?

Well, it seems like a good idea what you have planned out and if you happen to start it up well, it's definitely going to be very cool. I personally wish you all the best in your plan.

Everything in this life is about risk and it can either be of two ways but i will rather use that amount of money that’s up to $2200 to set up an offline business and if that’s successful, i can shit the business to an online one

There is no risk involved in setting up an online store. The only thing is that, you will need to be patient and waite patiently for sales to come. It needs perseverance and commitment, you will need to embark on rigorous marketing

Everything in this life is about risk and it can either be of two ways but i will rather use that amount of money that’s up to $2200 to set up an offline business and if that’s successful, i can shit the business to an online one
Maybe I can agree that it is easier to grow an offline business than an online business. As per tradition the offline business would start small and you make it grow by getting new customers from time to time (if not every day). The growth can be quicker if you are handling the operation properly.

Maybe I can agree that it is easier to grow an offline business than an online business. As per tradition the offline business would start small and you make it grow by getting new customers from time to time (if not every day). The growth can be quicker if you are handling the operation properly.
Setting up an online store can be a high-risk investment but one has to have good plan before he or she go into any business with this he may be able to maximize risk involved in the business.

Starting an online store is a very high risk investing, there are high Chances of the business not progressing but it will be a good idea to give it a little try, if you succeed it will be a great business and will make you lots of money. All you need is a good financial budget

I think some things might actually be cut off from this list, you do not need to push traffic to a website you are still testing....yet, you can still remove other things so you don't waste too much money starting and know how much is required to start and make money.

There is no business that you would go into that does'nt have a risk attatch to it,but what you have to look out for is the platfom and the leverage it can offer your business,the onlne store will offer you a better package with a well robust marketing strategy you would be able to do a lot of conversion for sales.

There is no business that you would go into that does'nt have a risk attatch to it,but what you have to look out for is the platfom and the leverage it can offer your business,the onlne store will offer you a better package with a well robust marketing strategy you would be able to do a lot of conversion for sales.
My take on the online store is the lesser capital. The website expense as the main platform is cheaper compared to a store space that you will be renting. However, the standard of operation is far different from the traditional offline operation. You need to adapt to the new environment.

My take on the online store is the lesser capital. The website expense as the main platform is cheaper compared to a store space that you will be renting. However, the standard of operation is far different from the traditional offline operation. You need to adapt to the new environment.
This is actually a fact,i remember when we started our business offline and we have to rent a space for our products to be sold and i came recall the amount we spent on rentage,but though we do not have an online store though,but we make use os the social media platform to do our awareness,the conversion was massive and cheap as well

I don't think starting up online shop is even risky at all. After all most online stores are pay before delivery. So you are sure of no debt, no delay of payment after goods delivery, no long story about lost of goods.
That’s right, and just to play it safe I used my website as more of a showcase or display rather than an online shop. All of my business transactions were/are done in person when selling handmade items or crafts. But if you’re working online doing something like PTP or Paid to Chat it’s best when you can use a site’s platform or if they set you up with your own private chat box for Paid to Chat you know they will also handle the money for you. So no matter what, you’re getting paid by the customers because it’s going through the main site, and that responsibility isn’t even yours to worry about.

I think setting up an online store is a high risk investment, if you do not have related experience and required skills, with you. If you have the right skills then it becomes a calculated risk and definitely with consistent efforts, rewards will come. I would prefer to start free, very small and understand ups and downs for the initial one or two years and then only invest on my own.

Setting up an online store is not a risky business because you are not giving your money to anybody to do for you but you will be doing it yourself. If you don't sell your product you will not lose for that and when ever you make sale that will be your profit

Setting up any business at all is a high risk investment behavior. Therefore it is safe also to say that setting up an online store is a high risk investment too. Money is involved in all of these

If you are the one that is going to be selling your own products directly or you are the ones to buy and sell products then you can consider it as a high-risk investment.

If you are the one that is going to be selling your own products directly or you are the ones to buy and sell products then you can consider it as a high-risk investment.
When the online store would have stocks of your products then that is a high risk because of the big capital. When the products are not sold then you lose. However, most online stores do not stock up on the products. They just order from the supplier when there is a customer.

I don't think starting up online shop is even risky at all. After all most online stores are pay before delivery. So you are sure of no debt, no delay of payment after goods delivery, no long story about lost of goods.
The poster did a good break down and gave a detailed information concerning online shop being an high risk investment, i dont really know about setting up an online store , so i dont know the risk attached to it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back