What's new

Is Setting Up an Online Store a High-Risk Investment?

It is not a risky investment because you will not be keeping most of your product online as most of this product will be at home,any business you are comfortable of doing don't consider it as a risk just do it as long as you are confident in it and as long as it is illegal business.

During this time of pandemic? Setting up an online store is actually a brilliant idea as most of customers has shifted their buying behavior to online. But you have to have a good marketing plan so they would notice you against other online stores.

I am thinking about setting an online store. You might ask, how much money I am investing? Here is the breakdown of the investment.
Domain: $13 (dot com from namecheap)
Hosting: $95 (VPS from namecheap
Content management: $384 (Shopify basic membership
Add on: $200 (approx)
Digital Marketing: $500 (approx)
I will need a total $1156 to setup an online store and promote the store on social media to generate sales. The cost does not include the price for product manufacturing or procurement. I will need an additional $1000 to either procure products or manufacture products. Will I actually make money from this store? There is no guarantee.
So, do you think setting an online store is also a high-risk investment?
First of all there is not businesses that doesn't have it own high risk, one way our the other it will definitely have. but the guarantee is that if your store is well advertise and well known your profit will be more than your loss....

If you have any marketable products, both physical or digital products. If yes, then you shouldn't be shy to create one if you have the necessary funds.

I am thinking about setting an online store. You might ask, how much money I am investing? Here is the breakdown of the investment.
I will need a total $1156 to setup an online store and promote the store on social media to generate sales. The cost does not include the price for product manufacturing or procurement. I will need an additional $1000 to either procure products or manufacture products. Will I actually make money from this store? There is no guarantee.
If people that they are setting up an online store are not making money,I don't think they will be more people doing it I guess. So it depends on the kind of product you are setting the online store for.

Yes it is to me. Why I said it is a high risk investment is because if you don't really know how to run that stor properly and efficiently, it will impact on your returns negatively
Setting up an online store is not a higher risk investment it is a good form of investment but as a business investor you must have these at the back of your mind that there is no business that does not involve risks

This would depend largely on the type of store and how perishable the goods are. If you are selling your pun products then it can be high risk but if not then you can term it low risk.

I don't think it is such a high risk investment especially for the owner of the shop, but for the customers it could be.

If you have the wherewithal to set up one I encourage you to go ahead and do it, advantage of the kind of shop is the ease to run and manage the shop and the relative low cost of maintenance as compared to a physical shop.

Any business you want to venture into is a high-risk investment, setting up an online store is definitely 50/50 depending on how you operate it could turn out to be a huge success or vice versa. I trust that you will make the best decision.

The answer is Yes and No. All kinds of investments has a certain risk factor. INvestment itself is risky business. Thus, investing in an online store can be risky investment

This would depend largely on the type of store and how perishable the goods are. If you are selling your pun products then it can be high risk but if not then you can term it low risk.
Yes, there are many types of stores and the type of goods will also be the determining factor of the ease or difficulty when it comes to the operation. Take for instance a food and beverage online store that deals with perishable good. When you deliver spoiled food to a customer then it is a disaster.

You will have to spend a lot of money to build your store and you also need a lot of money to build your inventory. You need to spend a lot of money on marketing.

I don't think starting up online shop is even risky at all. After all most online stores are pay before delivery. So you are sure of no debt, no delay of payment after goods delivery, no long story about lost of goods.

I think that there is still a lot of risk involved. This is because you have to buy products in advance so that you can deliver the good to customers on time. You must update your stock and make sure products are already available. This means you need to buy products before any customer shows interest or order the product. What if a few customers are interested in your products? This means you would have to suffer from loss.

You might have to spend over $500 before you can generate your first sales, or perhaps you may never earn any penny. I have read about many horror stories from store owners.

You might have to spend over $500 before you can generate your first sales, or perhaps you may never earn any penny. I have read about many horror stories from store owners.
Every business that you do not have enough or requisite idea on it a high-risk investment if you have good knowledge on online store I don't think it is a high risk investment.

First of all there is not businesses that doesn't have it own high risk, one way our the other it will definitely have. but the guarantee is that if your store is well advertise and well known your profit will be more than your loss....
If you mean the proper operation of the business with the marketing to gain customers then I would agree. There is always a risk in business whether offline or online but if you have made a research then the risks will be lessened.

Every business you see has some level mod risk involve. Wether it is a small scale buisness or large scale one, it has its own risks and online business set up isn't exempted from shearing in the risk

It may be or not be, but you may establish an online business with the appropriate business and marketing tactics. You may receive a lot of benefits from online shopping if you use your internet for marketing techniques.

I don't think that is a hight risk investment. Most if not all online stores are pay before delivery so you are sure of Your money. But every business is a risk. That's one fact you shouldn't take away

Tho it is common fact that every business has it own set of risks involved, but i dont think starting up an online store can be classified as high risk investment. Your major issue would be getting good traffic to your site and once you are able to tackle this, then you are good to go.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back