What's new

Is Setting Up an Online Store a High-Risk Investment?

If you just run a small store and upload your contents online and don't lose a threat to anyone then I doubt if anyone would come after you, but big businesses stand the risk of being attacked or hacked

It will only be as risky as you make it be. If you don't learn how it works, then it's pretty easy for you to loose your capital.

Setting up an online store at this moment is definitely a high risk investment to venture into just because of the fact that it's competitors are high and if you don't have money for promotion you want sell

I am thinking about setting an online store. You might ask, how much money I am investing? Here is the breakdown of the investment.
Domain: $13 (dot com from namecheap)
Hosting: $95 (VPS from namecheap
Content management: $384 (Shopify basic membership
Add on: $200 (approx)
Digital Marketing: $500 (approx)
I will need a total $1156 to setup an online store and promote the store on social media to generate sales. The cost does not include the price for product manufacturing or procurement. I will need an additional $1000 to either procure products or manufacture products. Will I actually make money from this store? There is no guarantee.
So, do you think setting an online store is also a high-risk investment?
I've seen many such stores fold up. The problem seems to come from marketing and advertising the products, so I would suggest learning first how to do that. 6oh can try saving more money as you are learning.

Every thing that has to do with using money to make more money is a risk no matter how small,an online store has it risks but dropshipping is cheaper
Post automatically merged:

Every thing that has to do with using money to make more money is a risk no matter how small,an online store has it risks but dropshipping is cheaper
Post automatically merged:

Setting up an online store has no serious risk potentials, infact it has somuch advantages as compared to the risk involved, there is somuch you Stand to gain for setting up an online store. I will encourage you to go on to set it up. You won't regret doing it because it will fetch you somuch profit.

If the product that is going to be sell in that store is yours then I think I can consider it as a high-risk investment because the business still has a chances of failing.

Because eCommerce tends to carry far lower costs than brick and mortar setups, adding an online component to your existing business doesn't need to be a high risk investment and in fact, in most cases would be far better a choice than opening another storefront if that's something that you could easily lose.

Personally, I don't see setting up an online store as a high risk investment. It's normally pay before delivery, so you don't have to worry about debt. Also, it is free from natural disasters.

Setting up an online store is a risk, however, in order to classify an online store as high risk investment, we need to see how much money someone has invested. If you have invested thousands of dollars, it is certainly a high risk.

I believe that everything is dependent on the amount of money that you're willing to invest in the online setup and the project that you are planning to get into; if it's something that is going to be lucrative you're definitely going to make profit from it.

Not all all. Setting up an online store isn't a high risk investment. But what you have to understand is that business comes with their risk. Online stores like jumia, Amazon, Walmart and others are the biggest ones and they've made it.

online stores is not a high risk investment , despite the fact it has a little risk sometimes ,but it's not classified under a high risk investment, I think the only risk that an online store has is when a customer is delaying your payment or refused to pay,that's the risk with and online Store, you might not even know the person ,he or she might runaway with you products without making any payment,you have to be careful .

For me high risk investment is something that had less chance of becoming successful. High risk investment is also an investment that I might not be able to handle in case it fails.

I think setting up any kind of business involves risk. It does not really matter if you start an online business or offline business. Setting up stores requires you to have enough capital to have stock all the time in case customers need it and if it does not sell, then you have to suffer from loss.

Investment itself is risk. High risk is mainly about investing a lot of money. Investing $100 has higher risk than investing $10. If you are investing in your own business, I think it is less risky.

Setting up an online store is not a high risk investment being that you are not making loss in the investment as you haven't sent the items to a customer that will start delaying your pay or any of those problems associated with online store business. It's actually a less risky kind of business.

I am thinking about setting an online store. You might ask, how much money I am investing? Here is the breakdown of the investment.
I will need a total $1156 to setup an online store and promote the store on social media to generate sales. The cost does not include the price for product manufacturing or procurement. I will need an additional $1000 to either procure products or manufacture products. Will I actually make money from this store? There is no guarantee.
Nice. You've done quite a breakdown here. I don't think setting up an online store is a high risk investment. You just have to learn how to better manage it and carry out excellent customer service to maintain it.

The online store start up is a good idea.
I do not think it is a high risk investment, it is only capital intensive from what you have outlined.
It would be a profitable one.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back