What's new

Is it wise to use business funds without telling the co founder?

Using business funds without seeking the consent of co-founder(s) is tantamount to fraud or theft. Trust is an essential part of business and if others found out, it might affect the business negatively if not properly resolved.
Well said, if higher superior finds out about it later on, you would have succeeded in breaking the trust they once had in you, and like you said trust is essential in every business setup, and I believe it would be difficult to get the trust back, that's if you even get it back at all.

If you are used to doing something like this it is going to definitely reduce the trust that your partner has for you if they should ever discover it one day.

That's one thing I don't like about partnership business. How will some one just use money meant for business for another thing

Using the business funds that you know are from the joint businesses you run with your partner is tantamount to actually stealing if your partner was not made aware of this act of yours. You should not do that because you won't like it done to you either

Contextually, the money usage there. What was it used for? But irrespective of what it was used for the co-CEO must be aware, except for an urgent need in the company which might have not been possible to reach out to the other co-CEO.

It's bad to even get to think of such, you can't possibly use the business funds for your personal use without informing your co-founder. Every decision taken while running the business should come from both of the business founders, so no one should be left in the dark

To me it is a No, it is totally wrong. Using business funds without seeking the consent of the other co-founders, it can be very catastrophic, it will eventually come out to the open no matter how much you try to cover it up and trust will be lost. It is theft
It is not wise at all to use business funds without telling a cool partner of the business that is basically stealing from the company and it will break your trust.

As the founder of the business, you need to be direct and honest about your circumstances with your co-founder. It is important to be transparent and accountable at all times being the founder.

No, it is totally wrong and unacceptable. Being ck founders means that both or all should be transparent to one another in business plan and the other ways

Oh no that is a bad idea,just think of unexpected circumstances anything can happen at any time in this wicked world so come to think of it let's say something bad happens so the investment that you use the fund for,what will you expect your co funder to say, will they speak well of you? it is not good to do things that will tarnish your image.

No it isn't. I believe you should be transparent enough to met him/her know before taking any fund. This would build trust and make the business grow

I think it's unwise to do so because it wasn't only you that started the company, so you can't use the capital without letting others know about it, it might cause a downfall of the company

No, it is wrong. Since that is a partnership set up it is best your cofounder is also aware of your dealings concerning the business.

As the founder of the business, you need to be direct and honest about your circumstances with your co-founder. It is important to be transparent and accountable at all times being the founder.

That is not a wise thing to do...taking and using business funds without the knowledge of the co-founder.
As the co-founder, i would feel betrayed and taken granted of.

The act of using the business fund meant for a company for your own personal interest without telling the owner is an act of stealing and embezzlement which is very bad.

That is really wrong that brings about lost of trust especially if I was to be the co founder if I had discovered that myself then I won't trust you on any money arising matters

It isn't wise in any way. Even if the sole responsibility lies on you, you still need to carry your partner along to avoid breaking down trust - and that wouldn't be advisable in the long run. Any business relationship that trust has been broken would struggle to survive

So long as you're a cofounder, taking funds without the knowledge of the other is very unwise.
It doesn't show transparency... Being your founder, I would feel betrayed and taken for granted.

I don't think that's a very smart move because relationship is all about trust, using funds without your partner knowing about it can break trust

How is that wise? That is greed, inequity and the person who would do such lacks self discipline and has no respect for the business code of ethics.

This is the greatest mistake one must avoid to make while running a partnership business. Its very wrong to take out money without the consent of your partner

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back