What's new

is it possible for a business to survive after owners death?

A business that can't operate without its founder is a business with a deadline. Many businesses suffer after founder's death, and it is often caused by the founder being unable to let go of certain decisions and responsibilities as the business grows. Over dependency is something common in sole proprietorship.

Yes, it's possible for a business to survive after the death of the owner of there is a proper record keeping and if the owner has a manager who knows almost everything about the business and who is a responsible person.

It is very possible for an organization to collapse after the death of the owner, but just as someone said above, if a competent hand(s) take over leadership, I think the business can still be run successfully. It is just my opinion
A corporation has a board of directors which is the group of major owners. They elect their chairman who in turn appoints the president. When one of the owners die even if he has the most shares of stocks the board will continue with the election of a new leader. That is the beauty of a corporation in terms of longevity.

Wow! I commend
A corporation has a board of directors which is the group of major owners. They elect their chairman who in turn appoints the president. When one of the owners die even if he has the most shares of stocks the board will continue with the election of a new leader. That is the beauty of a corporation in terms of longevity.
I want to commend you for taking your time to elaborate this to me. I have always believed that there is so much to learn in this forum from talented and skilled members.

Sure. A business can very well survive after an owner's death if the ones left with the affairs of managing the said business are keen to see it survive and taking positive measures

While it an obvious fact that we have all seen and witnessed businesses that didn't survive after the demise of the owner, it is still possible for a business to survive at the death of the owner if they are in capable hands to run it

It is very possible for an organization to collapse after the death of the owner, but just as someone said above, if a competent hand(s) take over leadership, I think the business can still be run successfully. It is just my opinion
It is very possible for a business to survive after owner's death if the business has good management with this the business can survive.

Yes, it's possible for a business to survive after the death of the owner of there is a proper record keeping and if the owner has a manager who knows almost everything about the business and who is a responsible person.
When the business owner dies, the business does not automatically goes to the manager. The company's laid down laws concerning business ownership will determine who runs the business.

When the business owner dies, the business does not automatically goes to the manager. The company's laid down laws concerning business ownership will determine who runs the business.
In some cases the company doesn't have any laid down laws, because the owner runs it alone and doesn't see the need to implement any law.

Yes, it is highly possible for a business to survive after the owner's dead either through the owner's child or corporation expect it is not a large/big business.

In some cases the company doesn't have any laid down laws, because the owner runs it alone and doesn't see the need to implement any law.
In a situation like this where the business owner do not have any plan on who to take the ownership of the business when he died, the family of the owner will decides how the business will continue to be run.

In a situation like this where the business owner do not have any plan on who to take the ownership of the business when he died, the family of the owner will decides how the business will continue to be run.
Yes you're correct the family will decide and this is where issues comes in most times because most of the family members don't know anything about the business and before you know it the business goes down the drain.

Yes you're correct the family will decide and this is where issues comes in most times because most of the family members don't know anything about the business and before you know it the business goes down the drain.
It is not necessary to be a member of the family that will be the one in charge of the business that he knows nothing about, they can employ someone to help manage the business while he give back reports on the progress of the business.

It is not necessary to be a member of the family that will be the one in charge of the business that he knows nothing about, they can employ someone to help manage the business while he give back reports on the progress of the business.
Yes it's not necessary I know but you know employing people these days it's not easy to get someone who is trustworthy and will be totally plane with the family who knows nothing about the business.

Yes it's very possible for a business to survive after when the owner of the business has departed. But most African man businesses crumbles immediately after the proprietor dies and the reason why is the lack of future plans for the business and mismanagement of the business itself.
I agree with you, some businesses survive the owner after death, however, for some as soon as the owner dies, the families try to continue but maybe because they were not part of it in the first place.

A business that can't operate without its founder is a business with a deadline. Many businesses suffer after founder's death, and it is often caused by the founder being unable to let go of certain decisions and responsibilities as the business grows. Over dependency is something common in sole proprietorship.

So many businesses struggle to survive after the owner died because the owner did not train people that would be able to take over the business from them.

A business will not be able to survive perfectly after the death of their owner ,the owner are always the people that can manage their business successfully and when people comes in they may not be able to do it as the owner used to.

Inasmuch as an organisation can collapse when the business owner is dead it also means that an organisation can keep on existing when the business owner is dead when the business owner as putting structures and mechanism on ground to ensure that the business keeps on moving even while he or she is dead by recruiting either is children or a trusted relatives to take over the business in the event of his demise.

So many stories of the death of many businesses when the sole owner of the business dies. This is very common. But that doesn't mean every business dies at the death of their owners always. Some have outlived the owners sucesfully

Most business work perfectly after the death of the owner because the owner previously has made all the adequate arrangement that can help to sustain the business before passing out, making of arrangement in this way is always the saved way.

Most business work perfectly after the death of the owner because the owner previously has made all the adequate arrangement that can help to sustain the business before passing out, making of arrangement in this way is always the saved way.
It is very possible for a business to survive after owner's death if the business are good management structure Wheaties the business can be able to run successfully even though the owner is dead.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back