What's new

Is it difficult to get a job around December(year end)?

Claraviolet

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 19, 2015
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I was told that it's very difficult to get a job in December. What are your thoughts on this? Is that really the case? I have changed my job just once before and now I am planning to get another job as soon as possible.

However as it's already November, I am a little nervous at the moment.

So, let me know about your opinion and if you have any tips for me. Also, did you ever try to find a job around this time of the year(at any point of time) before? If so, did you succeed in securing one? Share your stories as well. Thank you!

It's getting to the end of the year and every companies are rounding up their accounts. Most company might not want to hire you around December and some that will hire you will still want you to resume work next year.

I think it's difficult to get a job around December. This is because the year is already coming to an end and most business will be rounding up for that year to resume January.

It's getting to the end of the year and every companies are rounding up their accounts. Most company might not want to hire you around December and some that will hire you will still want you to resume work next year.
I see. I should have known better and if I had known, I really wouldn't have resigned from my previous company just like that. Now, I regret it. I thought it's the same as any other month.

Now, I will have to make do with what I have and I am sure I wouldn't be able to get a job in the next 15 days either, as hiring takes time, to begin with. I wonder if it's the same in every other business and not just in IT field.

I should have done my research before making a decision. Oh well, I can't change it now and I will try to pick some odd jobs online, until I get a decent offline job. Thank you for the information Lynaia :D

Yes. I think it's difficult to get employed doing the year end actually except you just want to work temporarily. Although around here, it's always difficult to get a job.
I think during December there are a lot of job opportunities for people to do. December period is a holiday period and therefore some students will be looking for some quick jobs to raise some money.

Actually getting a new job in the month of December is very hard to get ,why because it's end of the years month full of holidays and budget ending. Jobs are easily gotten in the month of January, February and and early June.

I think during December there are a lot of job opportunities for people to do. December period is a holiday period and therefore some students will be looking for some quick jobs to raise some money.
I see but I am not referring to temporary jobs. Those jobs require too much effort with less pay(according to me anyway). I am in IT field and I have been looking at various openings at the moment and I have observed that, there aren't that many openings left(at the moment).

I was told that it will be better next January but I really need a job, as I need some sort of distraction to cope with all the things going on( I had move to a different country and because of this reason, I had resign from my previous job).

Now, I regret it a bit. I should have resigned only after getting an offer from some other company. My thinking was too naïve and I should have known better. Hopefully I will be able to get a job soon.

I am not so sure anyways but personally, I thought that being employed and starting up your own business are two different things.
It's easy to start a business during December but not easy to get employed.

I'm not sure, but I thought being employed and starting your own business were two entirely different things.
It's simple to start a business in December, but it's more difficult to find work.

Most of the companies don't employ during December and they rarely award contract to people during this time. The reason is. December period is when most even all the companies round off their yearly activity. And it's the period they determined if they meet their early target or not.

I am not so sure anyways but personally, I thought that being employed and starting up your own business are two different things.
It's easy to start a business during December but not easy to get employed.
Okay, and I get the point very clearly. But if you are looking for quick jobs during December there may be a lot of them. Starting up a business during that period is also very good.

Okay, and I get the point very clearly. But if you are looking for quick jobs during December there may be a lot of them. Starting up a business during that period is also very good.
And I also do understand where you're coming from. At the very least, this actually poses the best time for someone to go into drop shipping, I mean, this is clearly a festive season.

And I also do understand where you're coming from. At the very least, this actually poses the best time for someone to go into drop shipping, I mean, this is clearly a festive season.
Yeah, dropshipping is a very good business to venture into at the moment because some people need some things. if you can position these things in the right places you can make sales.

I haven't really observed this though but one thing I know is that it's somewhat easy to get jobs at the start of the year as a lot of turnovers are being experienced then. I'll try to observe this now anyways.

I was told that it's very difficult to get a job in December. What are your thoughts on this? Is that really the case? I have changed my job just once before and now I am planning to get another job as soon as possible.

So, let me know about your opinion and if you have any tips for me. Also, did you ever try to find a job around this time of the year(at any point of time) before? If so, did you succeed in securing one? Share your stories as well. Thank you!
I have never experienced this, bit logically, it should be correct. Most organizations are winding up for the year, trying to get their finances into completion and looking forward to the holidays, not looking for new staff.

It is very easy to get job during December end because most staffs will like to travel to their various town to celebrate festival.

It may be or it might not be. This is because many companies announce job vacancies during the end of the year. This means that you are more likely to get a job at certain part of the year or at the end of the year.

It is not necessarily difficult to find a job around December, but it can be harder to find a good one. Many companies move to hiring freezes or just don't hire at all during this time of year.

If you're looking for work, it's best to start applying as early as possible and keep applying until the end of December. You may want to consider applying for jobs that are likely to be available through the end of the year so you'll have options if your first choice doesn't pan out.

Also, look into internships! They're a great way to build your resume and gain valuable experience that will help you get hired later on down the road.

Yeah, dropshipping is a very good business to venture into at the moment because some people need some things. if you can position these things in the right places you can make sales.
Although I have seen many dropshippers that are actually making nothing from the business since they started, there are still those earning a living through that. All you need to do is to have a good mentor.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back