What's new

Is it a good idea to change the domain name often?

Claraviolet

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 19, 2015
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Based on the latest relevant keyword, if you were to change your domain name, would it fetch good traffic?

I am sure it could be very annoying to users but if it's for every 3-5 years, it wouldn't be hard to remember the new domain name. Also, you could set-up the domain forwarding from the old domain to the new domain( at least for a month or so). So, what do you guys think? Do you believe that it's a good idea to do this?

Or do you think we could use loyal users and returning users this way?

Based on the latest relevant keyword, if you were to change your domain name, would it fetch good traffic?

I am sure it could be very annoying to users but if it's for every 3-5 years, it wouldn't be hard to remember the new domain name. Also, you could set-up the domain forwarding from the old domain to the new domain( at least for a month or so). So, what do you guys think? Do you believe that it's a good idea to do this?

I believe that changing a domain name can impact the use of search engine optimization as a marketing tool quite profoundly, more so if your current domain has a good track record with respect to search engine rankings.

I wouldn't change the domain....I have before for my forum but won't be doing it again. I want to build trust with users and if I keep changing it, it may break that. Just my thoughts! :)
Except if the forum changes completelly its niche so this is possible once again but the new domain name looks nice and also it is something very fantastic as idea.

I won't change my domain...I have changed domains before on my forums, and I won't change them in the future. We want to build trust with our users. Just my thoughts!

personally i do not think it is a good idea to change your domain frequently as you may be losing relevant traffic during this process which might negatively impact your business or brand on the long run.

It can be confusing to users, especially those who become regulars. Some people simply use their names to avoid such, and it is also good since you cam blog about anything without caring about the domain name.

My domain won't be changed... I've switched forums' domains in the past, but I won't do so going forward. We want to earn our users' trust. Just my opinions!

changing your domain name frequently would do the opposite for you, which is to lose the trust of your users or visitors, if you change it once it is not an issue but if you continuously change it, then it is an issue.

Frankly, I don't really consider that it is a good decision to alter your domain regularly because you could lose organic traffic, which may have a bad influence on your company in the foreseeable future.

Of course not. It's not a good thing to change domain name often, it could frustrate users and in the end they'll not end up visiting your site if they keep observing that.

I don't think it's a good idea to change it too often. It depends on the business, of course, but in many cases the domain name is part of the brand, and frequent changes can communicate inconsistency and make it hard for people to remember your site. So I'd say only change it if you have good reason to do so; maybe once every 5 years or so is okay.

I don't think it's a good idea to change it too often. It depends on the business, of course, but in many cases the domain name is part of the brand, and frequent changes can communicate inconsistency and make it hard for people to remember your site. So I'd say only change it if you have good reason to do so; maybe once every 5 years or so is okay.
Many people stay remember old address means if you change twice may be two redirection and three time three redirection to not lose your old database of clients means too many work.

Except if the forum changes completelly its niche so this is possible once again but the new domain name looks nice and also it is something very fantastic as idea.
Yes you're right by saying this, because I believe those who knows you with a specific name won't be able to have access to you once you change your domain name.

I believe inconsistencies in the domain name would cause some level of swings in the mind of your Audience.
It is good to be known with a know domain name

Domain names matter in terms of search recognition more than anything. So if you keep changing the domain to better suit keywords, it will end up hurting you in the long run. The domain matters way less these days than it used to. Just focus on SEO.

No, it isn't a good idea to change one's domain often. It isn't wrong to change one's domain once in a while but it becomes a problem when it is too frequent.

It's not good to be changing your website domain frequently. It's annoying. How will the user who is in desperate need of an information from your website feel when he or she rush typing your website to google and got notified that website is not working again.

It's not good to be changing your website domain frequently. It's annoying. How will the user who is in desperate need of an information from your website feel when he or she rush typing your website to google and got notified that website is not working again.
if i encounter such a situation accept the website is very good or what they offer is very rare, i would not use their service again as i believe they are not serious or reliable

It's not a good idea to change your domain name frequently. You will lose traffic and revenue. Even if you are using redirection, you will not be able to get to the point where your website was previously in terms of traffic and SEO value. . That's why a lot of care should be taken when registering a domain,

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back