What's new

How many breaks do you take in a work day?

I try to take a 10 - 15 minute break every hour if I can and a little longer at lunch time so that I have the time to be able to make myself something to eat and eat it without rushing.

Due to me working from home, I am able to schedule when I have my breaks and I use some of those breaks to get up, move around and do anything I need to around the house before coming back to work.

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" is the popular saying that shows how relevant a break is. It is health wise to be taking break in order to relieve us of any stress associated with work. We should be taking rest after each work.

I only get 2 hours break at my work place currently and I'm not really complaining about it because I believe that 2 hours is good enough for me to rest very well before coming back to resume my work again. I know some people who are working where they don't get any break and they have not died.
Exactly, 2 hour is enough to rest and become available. For me, I always take rest whenever I'm tired from what I'm.doing. From chemistry, Halaand will just key player in doing what is right.

Yes, I do take a break whenever I want to eat because for me I take once day in order to meet up, taking too long break when it comes to working online, making money online you don't need to wast much time why working.

Taking breaks during work day is a good habit as it refreshes you to come back fresh and more energy and more ideas to get your work done. The number of breaks I take depends on the urgency of the work.

I have coffee breaks at my work where I can drink a cup of coffee or eat lunch that's how most people relax at my workplace we also can take breaks if we are feeling very bad or tired then we can breathe fresh air or just drink a cup of water if we have the need to
Though i do not have a specific amount of hours i use for breaks, but i always try to take break whenever i can, over working the body would do us no good, to stay healthy take time to rest once in awhile.
Me too. I always take breaks when I need to. Taking breaks is extremely important; it helps boost motivation and allows you to rest for a bit. Not taking breaks can damage your physical and mental health.

Last edited:
Yes, I do take a break whenever I want to eat because for me I take once day in order to meet up, taking too long break when it comes to working online, making money online you don't need to wast much time why working.

A lot of people who work remotely at home don't have any kind of specific duration that they can take off from working whenever they want to since they are working at home. They can decide to rest whenever they want but whenever you're working in an office space, you are only going to take a break when it is your break time.

We should also take into consideration that there are some companies that don't even offer any kind of brakes to their workers because they believe that it is not something necessary. But they are very wrong, as they are taking advantage of their workers.

I have worked in a company that offered a 30 minute beak. However, honestly speaking, those 30 minutes used to pass so quickly. When I used to return back to our desks, I still used to feel much tired. I was not paid a fair amount of money for that. This is why I quite that company.

I have worked in a company that offered a 30 minute beak. However, honestly speaking, those 30 minutes used to pass so quickly. When I used to return back to our desks, I still used to feel much tired. I was not paid a fair amount of money for that. This is why I quite that company.

Yeah, that's exactly how it feels my friend. Before you could do anything, the 30 minutes will fly like a speed of lighting but once you're back in your duty post, time will start crawling like a snail. It's very annoying.

Yeah, that's exactly how it feels my friend. Before you could do anything, the 30 minutes will fly like a speed of lighting but once you're back in your duty post, time will start crawling like a snail. It's very annoying.

This is true when you do not enjoy the job. Unfortunately, this was the case with me as well. At that time, it was a really hard thing to cope with this problem. However, by the passage of time, I had to adopt to those conditions. This is what happens when you become use to the kind of job you do.

This is true when you do not enjoy the job. Unfortunately, this was the case with me as well. At that time, it was a really hard thing to cope with this problem. However, by the passage of time, I had to adopt to those conditions. This is what happens when you become use to the kind of job you do.

Yeah, that's very correct. When your job is being a big bore, it's always going to be very difficult for you to enjoy it. You won't feel at ease and time will feel like hell for you. It's why I don't pick jobs I don't have passion for.

Officially the number of working hours should be 8 but as an entrepreneur there is no specific time. I may decide to work for more or less hours and take a brake.

Actually I think it depends on the kind of jobs you do.

there are some kind of jobs that will require you to takes more than one break due to stress and time consuming while others will require just ones a day.

When it comes to working throughout a day, do you ever take breaks? I try to take a break every couple hours during my work days. I try not to work more than 6 hours a day, but sometimes have to work more. During that time, I try to take at least a break every couple hours if I can. What are your breaks like?
We have a 2 hours breaks at the office sometimes. It is an act that is very necessary for me to be able to relax and continue working and a lot of our staff use that period to rest their heads too. The type of work that we do is not one where you can request for a 3 hours break and have it been granted to you.

there are some kind of jobs that will require you to takes more than one break due to stress and time consuming while others will require just ones a day.

I have actually been in a situation whereby it hard to overlook taking my break as a result of the situation that I have on my desk to take care of. I couldn't afford to go for a break when the situation is dicey in a way that it's going to be a very serious problem for me, so I needed to take care of it as quickly as possible.

I take two breaks at my workplace and both of them are summed up to be 1 hour break time. I have 30 minutes mid day break time and 30 minutes break time around 3PM. If I'm working on my own online work tasks, I take breaks when I want which is going to be convenient.

We have a 2 hours breaks at the office sometimes. It is an act that is very necessary for me to be able to relax and continue working and a lot of our staff use that period to rest their heads too. The type of work that we do is not one where you can request for a 3 hours break and have it been granted to you.

Unfortunately at my workplace, we are only entitled to 30 minutes break in a day without any other consideration from the management that it is not enough for us to rest well in order to give our best continuing the work that we stopped for the day.

We have actually tried our very best to get the management to do something about this but it seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Yes, this is true. Those who work in a construction company have more rest or break time because the nature of their job is too demanding. It affects them too much physically and it's why they are given more time for their breaks.

Whenever I am at work I tried to take at least two or three breaks in between. My work is something that requires a lot of concentration and you might break down if you do not put in all the concentration.

Well, for you to be able to take at least two or three breaks in between when you're at work, it can only mean that your office have made that provision for all of their employees. Without that, there's no way you can take at least two or three breaks unless you're working online full time.

I have a lot of employees at work who take breaks to smoke a cigarette, but because I don't smoke, I don't need this break, so I just go out with them to just take a break, and that's fair to me.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back