What's new

How long do you reasonably foresee your message board being open?

Joshua Farrell

Stargate SG1 Fan
Staff member
Administrative Team
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$1.7675USD
Biznotes
How long do you reasonably foresee your message board being open? Keep in mind that when I ask this, I make no assumption about anyone's message board. I am just asking how far in the future do you think your message board will be open.

In the message board world, forums close just as quickly as they open, although those that close usually die off slowly before closing.

In the past In have tried launching forums multiple times but most of my forums did not survive long. Longest time my forum has survived was for 9 months.

In the past In have tried launching forums multiple times but most of my forums did not survive long. Longest time my forum has survived was for 9 months.
Most times are you do make sure is open every 6 month will you still be able to maintain the forum and also checkmate every activities in the forum.

Most times are you do make sure is open every 6 month will you still be able to maintain the forum and also checkmate every activities in the forum.
Do you realize you are making nonesense comments, do you know you are only making a fool of yourself. No not quote my posts out of contents. I am saying this again and again.

Bro now you've gotten me scared about bizdustry, this one you're saying they'll die off slowly becoming dormant on their own.
Please do not allow this great forum go that route, I plead with the administrators of this forum. It's really helping people

A couple of weeks ago, I launched a forum. My previous experience with forums was not very good. However, this time I have tried to correct every mistakes that I committed while running a forum.

I'm not a web master or anything close but I know how tasking operating a forum like this can be,but administrator should always work with a schedule

Well I think it depends, I can't really say that I could give a specific time, as I'm inexperienced in that aspects, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be kept open as long as the forum is running smoothly and profitably as well.

Message board will continue to remain open for a long period of time as long as people are saying gauging in different discussions. People will always come out searching for knowledge by posting different questions on message boards and kiss brings about continuous discussion.

I run a Christian forum and own a crafting one. For the Christian forum I think that when God has completed His mission for that site then it will end. I have no idea how long that will be, but since members keep returning daily then it remains open.

For the crafting forum, that's a little more complicated. I'm having difficulties getting members to return on a consistent basis and that's okay for now because I'm able to showcase my crafts and ideas as I had originally planned for the forum. It's just that I'm not sure my vision will remain the same so when I'm tired of not having activity then one day I would consider closing it. That won't be for a year or two at least.

The problems with forums is that people shut them down too soon.

I run a coding help forum and that is only getting more popular as the time goes on, so I see mine being online for at least the next 2 years, at least longer.

Always try to make my forum last at least 1 year, as long as I have hosting and a domain I am not shutting down anything, but I will try different methods of promotion and attraction of customers to my forums ;D

I run a Christian forum and own a crafting one. For the Christian forum I think that when God has completed His mission for that site then it will end. I have no idea how long that will be, but since members keep returning daily then it remains open.

For the crafting forum, that's a little more complicated. I'm having difficulties getting members to return on a consistent basis and that's okay for now because I'm able to showcase my crafts and ideas as I had originally planned for the forum. It's just that I'm not sure my vision will remain the same so when I'm tired of not having activity then one day I would consider closing it. That won't be for a year or two at least.

The problems with forums is that people shut them down too soon.
That's nice, am more interested in the christian forum you made mention of, what's it like? Is it a paid to post forum as well or just a forum you can share your thoughts about the bible?

Around a year trail period, if it works for as long as it works, but yeah 6 months to 1 year is the minimum I keep forums and blogs or message boards :D.

That's nice, am more interested in the christian forum you made mention of, what's it like? Is it a paid to post forum as well or just a forum you can share your thoughts about the bible?

It's only a discussion where anyone can come to talk about Christianity in order to spread the good news of Jesus as Savior :) Thanks for asking.

It's only a discussion where anyone can come to talk about Christianity in order to spread the good news of Jesus as Savior :) Thanks for asking.
Sounds nice, I would still like to join if you don't mind, on Sundays I usually write shot messages I send to my Whatsapp contacts, it would be nice if I can also share it there as well. And I can also hear the word form others as well and grow form there.

Sounds nice, I would still like to join if you don't mind, on Sundays I usually write shot messages I send to my Whatsapp contacts, it would be nice if I can also share it there as well. And I can also hear the word form others as well and grow form there.

The link is in my profile. Hope to see you there!

The link is in my profile. Hope to see you there!
Okay thanks, at first I could not find it but in the end I was able to see it. I would check it out today or latest tomorrow once am done with the work I have at hand right now. Thanks once again.

I think that there is always that point that you will be seeing a taper off for your company however i think that at the end of the day we all want the forum to continue for years to come, however a good goal is 5 years.

I am not a webmaster, but if I ever own a website, I will continue to keep it open as long as the website was self sustaining and as long as I found passion in running the website.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back