What's new

How long do you keep stocks to earn a good profit?

On the investments in in general I am more of a long-term investor so I tried to track the success of my stocks after about 2 3 or 4 years.

First of all, i believe if one wants to go into investment in stock the person as to be able to have a large amount of patience because stock growth does not happen quick nor over time the amount of patience needed to make profit from stock is so much that before one can actually make that profit your middle name as to be patience

The only advice I can give you about this is just that you really need to follow the company and know what's happening internally so that if there is any rancour you would know when to sell the stock and when to hold

It depends on the kind of stock you invested in because some will take years before you earn from it while others it is within months or so.

Seven and half years—
One of the most significant financial skills you need to master is investing in stocks. Stocks have produced an annualized return of about 10 percent on average. At that point, every 7.2 years, your money doubles. Let's say you start at 10,000 dollars.
If you are really good on picking stocks then you should have enough patience to wait for that stock you have picked(5 years should do something for you).

Well i dont really think there is a specific price for that. It all depends on the individual. Now you know how much you used in buying the stock in the first place, and am pretty sure you have your targets. This can be used to determine your profit amount.

Stock keeping is also best way of storing. I usually keep stock for up to two to three years to make a good and great profit but some times I lost.

I think it depends on the market structure and of course the volume of the market and the rate at which people are trading in the stock market.

I feel what you and your wife needs to do is to sell those stocks and invest instead in treasury bills or government bonds. Those stocks are bound to fluctuations. What if the stocks reduce tomorrow and then never picks up? Except they're of a high performance company, sell them off

I don't really know much about stocks and shares, but I think it is dependent on the kind of stock you Invested on and that will determine the time.

I don't really know how long you can keep your stock before you can start earning from it, I believe

If at the moment the storks have no use or needs I can keep it for as long as it is going to stay to jail more profits for me or go a long way to Doubling itself

I don't really know how long you can keep your stock before you can start earning from it, I don't see any reason of keeping it long before selling it.

If you are aiming for a quick profit on the stock you bought, I would say you should hold for at least three month from the day you bought them. If you are planning to make more money with the stocks, you hold at least 2 years for maximum yield.

I feel what you and your wife needs to do is to sell those stocks and invest instead in treasury bills or government bonds. Those stocks are bound to fluctuations. What if the stocks reduce tomorrow and then never picks up? Except they're of a high performance company, sell them off
My wife's stock is owned by her employer which is the biggest bank. Maybe it is for the love of her employer that she is keeping the stocks. Besides, those stocks were a grant for my wife's long service to the bank. But maybe when she retires I could convince her to sell the stocks.

Some stocks doesn't take a month to appreciate , I know of Microsoft that appreciate daily or weekly so it's not all about untill you do a long term investment

I think buying stocks for and keeping it for a longer time will really bring profit or returns than short term investment

It is in your best position to decide how long you keep your stocks and shares. Personally, my grandfather invested in shares with a well-known bank and he fixed his share for two-and-a-half years but unluckily for him, there was a decline in market value so he was at a loss.

I agree with your wife because the longer the stocks stays in the bank the more profits you get out of it,and when you have more finances you can go about your projects which you are planning.
I had some investment in some financial institution for myself,whe it comes to investment,it all depends on the priority of the person involved,whether for a long term or a short term bases.

The profit you are going to make with depending on your existing strategy. Sometimes you can make profit within the first week of your investment. it can also take up to three months before you can make good return on investment in shares and stocks.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back