What's new

How long do you keep stocks to earn a good profit?

We have shares of stocks of our bank and that bank is also where my wife works. Our stocks have been with us for 3 years and counting that it has gained in value substantially. Now I am thinking of selling the stocks to cash in on the profit but my wife does not want to sell because we still do not need the money. She treats the stocks as not an investment but as a savings that we can use for our investment for a property when we have sufficient funds for it.
Keeping stocks in the bank for long because of the benefits of profits depends on how the banks decided to end the stocks , but on individual perspectives , i think if i put my stocks in the bank , I will wait for good five years before I can withdraw my stock to gain a substantial amount, because the More you keep your stock, the more you gain.

I agree with your wife because the longer the stocks stays in the bank the more profits you get out of it,and when you have more finances you can go about your projects which you are planning.

We have shares of stocks of our bank and that bank is also where my wife works. Our stocks have been with us for 3 years and counting that it has gained in value substantially. Now I am thinking of selling the stocks to cash in on the profit but my wife does not want to sell because we still do not need the money. She treats the stocks as not an investment but as a savings that we can use for our investment for a property when we have sufficient funds for it.
The definition of what you called good profit is relative and it depends on the investor himself. Some people can't part way with their funds for so long and some can.

I believe that every investors will have an entry and exit threshold . This is what guides the investor on the right action to take over his investment . As for me , once I have reached my exit period , I don't consider the time factor ,but to leave with my profit .

It all depends on type of stock you're involved in, some stock last up to a month before you start getting income, but some last for a year before you start getting good income

Well, I don't know if I will be strong enough to follow the market in it's dwindling around support and resistance, I can take partial profit if I suspect any market changes.

Well, I don't know if I will be strong enough to follow the market in it's dwindling around support and resistance, I can take partial profit if I suspect any market changes.
Being strong enough to follow the market is also one of the factors on how long you can hold your stocks, the time I decided to take the stock out from the onset will never change even if the stock is on the verge of fall.

Stock buying is for those who perfectly understood the stock markets not for novice. Before you venture into buying stocks you should make sure that you are well grounded in it. You can keep stocks as long as you know when it will yield a good amount of money before selling them off in the stock markets.

I actually do not know how stocks or buying of years really works. but from the little information I read online and heard from some people it means buying some part of companies shares or something like that. My question now is how do the company really know that you bought some of its shares?

stock is on of the investment you can get your returns quik, if you get the the right stock.Stock can be gotten without a stock broker in the open capital market on daily basis and sold to make profit or through a broker in a public offer ,and this you can keep to appriciate by watching the value say 2 to 3yrs.

It depends on strategy. Some stocks you keep for life as you're sure it'll continually give stable dividend with reasonable increase in price. Some stocks are meant to be bought and sold as soon as you make your profit, especially when dealing with stocks being pumped and dumped.

Profits from stock depends on one basic rule, i.e. how the company is performing. Some companies can gain 3-4 times increment just in few months and some company cannot give you profits even in one year
Post automatically merged:

If you buy prmary shares during the IPO, you can profit from your shares immediately. However, if you buy from stock market. it might some time before you earn profits.

Last edited:
Having a stock in an organisation,you are part of the share owner of that organisation.So the stock serves as a future investment,that is if you are a long term investor,and your gains will be from your dividens yearly.But if you are a short term investor you can watch for stock rise and sell to recoup your money quickly.

What is the need for you to sell it do you have any financial difficulty or the reason might be because your wife want to use the money to start up a business?,if this is the case then you can sell out the stock but if this is not the case I don't see the need for you to sell it out because they more you keep it the better for you.
Stocks, bonds, savings and investment are actually personal decisions that need to be considered adequately before finalizing so it's better he decides if he really needs the money or wants to treat the stock as an investment.

I have never bought any shares of any company. However, I might invest in stocks if I have extra money in the future. I am more likely to invest in crypto rather than stocks. If I were to buy stocks, then I would consider the history of the shares of a company and also seek advise of expert trader.

Technically, in stocks, you can make cash in as little as 30 minutes, and for as long as a few years. This relies on how you treat the market. Trading on a day, as the name indicates, just takes a day to make money. Long term trading, on the other hand, takes at least a year to invest in a stock.
I had my some stock which i trade,but mine is not the usual buy and trade on a daily basis,as i normally keep mine for a period of time,so it can appriciate and gain value with time.eThe ones i ebought some few years ago,is still being kept in my portfolio.

I am not much fan of stock trading in the time been. But it believe someone can hold his stock for as long as they feel or think they should untill they feel it is comfortable for them to sell off for profits without problems from anyone

It depends on how much money I have invest or in which company I did invest.But usually I prefer to be patient and I am waiting for 1-2 years until I sell them

Mine, depends on how long the stock can last. At my side there are some stocks that after two years it becomes useless so in that case, I try to sell them when it is needed in the market most before the years will pass.

When the time is right then I would know since the point of the investment and any is to make profit so when profits are made that are satisfactory maybe that would be a good time

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back