What's new

How costly is a rented apartment in a rural area

My location is an urban settlement and the price of properties here can depends on so many things. Renting of houses depend on the quality of the house and also a particular location. Some location are more expensive than others.

In my country, rented apartments that are self contained ain't expensive. You spend less than $150 per year to get one. This is why living here is cheap if you can manage your money.

The most expensive residential apartments are usually located in the urban areas because of how competitive it is and it is also the most populated . Staying in a rural area is cheap but then you are going to struggle in order to find social amenities .

Rented apartment in a rural area, are not expensive that is not cost compared to the urban areas apartment because alot of people are migrating from rural areas to the urban communities leaving the rural areas empty.
I have not been to Nigeria but for sure the rental in the rural area is much less than in the city by about 50% or even more because it would depend on the kind of town. Since we already have the internet then it is easier if you can scout an apartment for rent in the place for most likely they post the vacancy in their website or in social media as well. Good luck to your search of an apartment and I hope your budget will suffice.
Yes you are right but there are some specific areas in the rural communities where economic activities are really doing very well in those area and the price of rent are very cost compared to that of the city.

Last edited:
Apartment is not really expensive over here if we are to compare it to some state in the country. Lagos State and Abuja is rated as one of the most expensive city to live in Nigeria and Port Harcourt too.

A rental apartment in a rural area is definitely not going to cost up to half of what it is going to cost in the urban area. This is because it is less developed and also there is a lot of abundant real estate to use.

Actually buying an apartment or renting in an rural area is very cheap compared to the urban areas but sometimes it depends on the community. thete are some rural communities where the economic activities is really moving well and that encourage mass settlements of people and the apartment will also be cost.

Rent is always cheaper away from the city areas. The further you go, the cheaper it is because people who live away from the city are more often than not going to be looking to buy a home, not rent.

Rural houses are not really costly because most people are indigen of the land ,and will have their own houses. The few that rent are not charged much for it ,compared to urban areas
That is what is optainable in the rural areas,and again what usually makes houses to be cost is the issue of development,if the area is develop with infrastructure like power and good roads,then the rent would go up.

I have learned from my father's experience not to build any house in the rural area. One of our properties in the rural area, we are begging people to stay there and help us sweep the compound.

I have learned from my father's experience not to build any house in the rural area. One of our properties in the rural area, we are begging people to stay there and help us sweep the compound.
That's just the truth, building house there it good but is not going to help, going to the city were you can get a lot of benefits is much more preferable, what do you think?

That's just the truth, building house there it good but is not going to help, going to the city were you can get a lot of benefits is much more preferable, what do you think?
People build houses in the localities they are from so they can retire to their roots at old age. Most people won't want to sta in the city after they have retired. That's the major reason they build houses in their localities. It is not always primarily for rent.

People build houses in the localities they are from so they can retire to their roots at old age. Most people won't want to sta in the city after they have retired. That's the major reason they build houses in their localities. It is not always primarily for rent.
That's true, you know everyone has what he or she likes, but for me I think the fact that you are retired doesn't mean you are going to stay idile doing nothing, finding something doing maybe in the city might help.

In my country's rural areas, the rented apartments are not very expensive compared to the town's urban centres. This is because most rural areas in my country are sparsely populated that's why the scramble for houses to rent is very low.

That's true, you know everyone has what he or she likes, but for me I think the fact that you are retired doesn't mean you are going to stay idile doing nothing, finding something doing maybe in the city might help.
Some people wouldn't want to stress themselves much after retirement. They might probably have investments that yield . They just need to play supervisory role in those investments. So they would build houses in the village to go stay there and enjoy the warmth of rural life. Rural areas are actually very nice to stay.

Some people wouldn't want to stress themselves much after retirement. They might probably have investments that yield . They just need to play supervisory role in those investments. So they would build houses in the village to go stay there and enjoy the warmth of rural life. Rural areas are actually very nice to stay.
Well you are right, I think if you have enough income to take good care of your needs you don't really need to work, we can only decide to work if we don't have any income streams.

My location is an urban settlement and the price of properties here can depends on so many things. Renting of houses depend on the quality of the house and also a particular location. Some location are more expensive than others.

I also live in an urban area. However, I live in a city that also consists of undeveloped neighbourhoods. So, it all depends on where you invest your money in the end.

The fact that it is in a rural area means that it will not be expensive compared to the urban areas. There are cheap houses and apartments in those places because the standard of living is low.

The fact that it is in a rural area means that it will not be expensive compared to the urban areas. There are cheap houses and apartments in those places because the standard of living is low.
That's true, you can start up with the small you are having, if you don't have much money with you, you can decide to manage whatever it is you are having.

I have a friend who recently just got an admission into the university in a rural area in Nigeria and she is urgently in need if good housing and needs to settle the payment before traveling down to school and she has no idea how much a self contained is worth.
Things are very expensive in every part of the world and I can even say that rural areas and urban ares almost charging at the same rate for house renting

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back