What's new

How can I avoid scammers when buying a property?

Get a lawyer involved, do not pay a Dime before you see the land it is very dangerous, make sure you see the land during rainy season and during dry season to be sure of what you’re getting. Make sure you verify completely that all the documents they say are attaches to the land are available and ready for immediate pick up after paying for the land

If you can find a reputable agent or company, their are some celebrity that are involved in this kind of business, you can find them and deal with the because they won't want to tarnish thier name, or make sure the person you deal is someone you can trace. And make sure you go with a very good lawyer to verify the documents.
Post automatically merged:

Request to make an arrangement at their office
Request proof of their enrollment of the Property Ombudsman (TPOS) or comparative
Request the name of the chiefs or proprietors and the organization's enrollment number. At that point do a hunt on Companies House and check whether it is a certifiable business

Request to make an arrangement at their office
Request proof of their enrollment of the Property Ombudsman (TPOS) or comparative
Request the name of the chiefs or proprietors and the organization's enrollment number. At that point do a hunt on Companies House and check whether it is a certifiable business

Last edited:
Trust your gut if something doesn’t feel right or seems too good to be true. Work with only professional lenders associated with local and/or national trade associations, and ask for referrals from family members and friends.

After contacting agents for properties one wants to buy, the best thing to do is to check them out yourself. There is no harm in checking out the properties that you want to invest your hard-earned cash. The best way to get scammed is by not checking out the properties yourself and accessing it

If you're buying a property,do proper findings to know the real owner and better a lawyer and police should be involve before making payment to validate the document and other important things

These days, the incidence of property scammers is on the increase, so many people are talking victim to property scam on a daily basis and I don't want to be in that statistics.
This is actually my first time of wanting to buy a property so I want to know how I can avoid property scammers.
Please guys how can I avoid property scammers?
If you are buying directly from the owner then you have to d on your research on the legitimacy of the land ask for documents if necessary. If you are buying through an agent then make sure he is a member of legal body so you know how to get him if it happens to be a scam.

Well here are 5 tips to avoiding being scammed in a land deal.
  1. Don't Be in a Rush.
  2. Never Make Payment For a Land You Have Not Inspected.
  3. Avoid Land Fraud By Asking For the Survey Plan.
  4. Certificate of Occupancy/ Governor's Consent.
  5. Cheap Land Should Raise Flags.
  6. Get Help From a Real Estate Expert.

You can avoid scammers when buying a property by going through a registered and verified agent and make sure the source documents for the landed property are legit. Alot of people fall for scammers because they didn't want to go through a major source maybe to bypass middle men in the purchasing deal

This fraudster read into the details of all previous correspondence so diligently that no one detected it was not, in fact, the real agents sending the emails,” Hunt said. “This eventually led to the client mistakenly wiring money to the false agent five weeks in advance of the closing date.

These days, the incidence of property scammers is on the increase, so many people are talking victim to property scam on a daily basis and I don't want to be in that statistics.
This is actually my first time of wanting to buy a property so I want to know how I can avoid property scammers.
I will advise that you always demand to see the real owner of the property and take your time to do your findings to be sure you are dealing with the right person.
Buy properties with R of O and C of O documents intact.
Take your time to visit the town planning authority to seek further clarification. With all above home works duly and delegently considered I want to belief your invest is secured

If you are buying directly from the owner then you have to d on your research on the legitimacy of the land ask for documents if necessary. If you are buying through an agent then make sure he is a member of legal body so you know how to get him if it happens to be a scam.
This advice is most helpful as some people just narrated how they were defrauded of their money that they used to buy land. It turned out that the land that they had bought wasn't sold to them by the real owner of the land but it was sold to them by a scammer. The documents that they got for the land are all fake, this has definitely landed them in serious trouble.

Everything you are selling to someone must be signed by the law court and a lawyer must be aware of it, in case there's any issue in the future you can be able to handle it ,if this is done a smart scammers will not to do business with you because they will be caught.

Everything you are selling to someone must be signed by the law court and a lawyer must be aware of it, in case there's any issue in the future you can be able to handle it ,if this is done a smart scammers will not to do business with you because they will be caught.

1. Be alert to the fact that scams exist. ...
  2. Know who you're dealing with. ...
  3. Do not open suspicious texts, pop-up windows or click on links or attachments in emails – delete them: If unsure, verify the identity of the contact through an independent source such as a phone book or online search.

Scammers are everywhere, you need to be vigilant and careful of what you venture into . Buying from a verified or appropriate network would be the best . Trying to cut corners just because you want a lower price might get you into the hands of scammers

Make sure you verify the documents and see that it is genuine. If you know you don't trust yourself to handle it well you can ask someone capable to come along with you. It will be hard to fool two.

1. Keep your personal information to yourself. ...
  2. Socialize safely online. ...
  3. Consider the National Do Not Call Registry. ...
  4. Stay away from “guarantees” of scholarships. ...
  5. Don't buy bogus weight loss products. ...
  6. Understand credit. ...
  7. P2P file-sharing can be risky. ...

To avoid being scammed when buying a property, it is good you go through a well established and registered real estate company. Buying through individuals could lead to being scammed because there are also fake real estate agents out there.

Scammers are getting increasingly sophisticated in their attempts to get your money or personal details. Be alert and protect yourself from being scammed by following our tips.

Don't rent, or pay deposits on anything you haven't seen in person. If it's a town of any size, they should have reputable property management firms you could rent from.

To avoid scammers when buying a property, one must look for the authenticity of the company or agency. Through getting their registration number, asking of questions from people you may have likely do business with them, that is, proper consultation. Furthermore, look into their previous sites. And the testimonies of people who may have likely built on the said estate. Finally, try to do findings on the genuineness of the CofO.

To avoid scammers when buying a property, one must look for the authenticity of the company or agency. Through getting their registration number, asking of questions from people you may have likely do business with them, that is, proper consultation. Furthermore, look into their previous sites. And the testimonies of people who may have likely built on the said estate. Finally, try to do findings on the genuineness of the CofO.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back