What's new

Government involvement in providing affordable house for works - Has it worked in your country???

Seriously In my country Nigeria, even though they have housing plan in their fiscal budget but it will never get to the grassroots. It will be allocated to the government officials if they eventually build it. Housing is one of the major problem we faced here because of high rate of poverty. If housing can be solved, the economy will recover 40%.

Provision of low cost estate should not be a problem but everything is a mess in my country because they arrange everything here as padi padi meaning you can only benefit from government's property if you have someone in the system other wise no way for you.

Discussions on government plans on building house,it is a very nice idea for low income workers although this would not work out well in a country where their government is not totally transparent, some government like Nigeria will only promise and end up not fulfilling it

The housing situation in Nigeria puts existing housing stock at 23 per 1,000 inhabitant. Housing deficit is put at 15 million houses, while N12 trillion will be required to finance the deficit (Mabogunje 2003, 2004). This is about 4 times the annual national budget of Nigeria (Federal Housing Authority (FHA 2007). Home prices and rents, on the other hand, have grown ahead of general inflation. Making matters worse, the composition of homes for sale and rent on the market has been inexorably shifting towards very expensive home

In my country Nigeria this hasn't worked at all and am sure that in most African country this has also been the issue the government are too corrupt all they do is promise and fail and embezzle fund they allocate money for housing in the countries budget but it eventually gets allocated to the pocket of those in government

This is always their means to camping to the masses during election. But after the election, they will act as if the less privilege are begging them to do what they actually promise them. But as it is now, the masses are now wise to vote to the right person that will provide affordable houses for them.

In my country Nigeria the government don't care about the workers or it's citizens. What they talk about is that they will include an amount of money for housing but all those money mentioned is audio money that they will embezzle in to their private pocket.

In my country Nigeria, even though they have housing plan in their fiscal budget but it will never get to the grassroots. It will be allocated to the government officials if they eventually build it. Housing is one of the major problem we faced here because of high rate of poverty. If housing can be solved, the economy will recover 40%.
Lol. It used to work and effective during those good old days as we have low cost houses scattered over the country. It was allocated mainly to government workers and pensioners. The reverse is the case now as Government officials allocate it among themselves as compensation and sell the remaining to their friends and cronies. The cheapest low cost homes nowadays are organised by cooperatives.

Yes! Presently in Abuja the Nigerian government are involve in housing scheme, they build and sell building at affordable price to their citizens. Government involvement in housing scheme help in fast development of the country and also help citizens of the country to get good, standard building a at affordable rate.

The problem with giving this type of projects to private firms is that, most of them are profit oriented. The government set up those kind of schemes to help low income earners with little interest on such mortgages. But if you throw in private firms, the cost of such projects becomes higher as a result of the profit factor.

In my country, different administrations have always promised to develop estates comprising of units of affordable houses for low income workers, but it has never happen we are yet to see such estates.

But I believe that if the government provides the funds but engages private companies to develop the estate and manage the projects, they will achieve their plan of providing affordable housing.

Whats your thougt?
In our country, the government is giving a lot of facilities to the workers and is giving a lot of help to the private companies and giving easy installments to those whose income is low. And those who don't have houses are also being given houses. Our government has very good arrangements here.

It is very good and effective step on behalf of the government side for providing houses to the poor people. In my country the poor people are supported and helped through the cash payment by the Government.

This is a different story for my country concerning housing. We The citizens will build our house by ourselves, we generate light ourselves, we create water on our own. Nothing I mean nothing that my government is doing for the citizens. The housing estate they building is expensive not affordable by the citizens.

In my country, different administrations have always promised to develop estates comprising of units of affordable houses for low income workers, but it has never happen we are yet to see such estates.

But I believe that if the government provides the funds but engages private companies to develop the estate and manage the projects, they will achieve their plan of providing affordable housing.

Whats your thougt?
I am agree with i. The Government involvement is most important part for the success of this project. Even in my country too, Government is providing low budget houses for the people who have less buying power.

In my country, the government has made this projects to be past of their priorities even though the general public doesn’t know much about this but there’s been progress. housing projects have commenced in most urban areas for some years now. I can say there has been progress but the publicity is lent that much

Government's involvement in providing affordable house for works has not really worked because only few houses have been constructed over a long period of time and even this houses are only accessible to the rich but not accessible to the poor.

In my country Nigeria the government always makes promises to provide houses for the masses but they never keep to their promises... Eventually when they build a few houses it is being allocated to the elites or it ends up being very expensive to acquire leaving the poor masses stranded

Provision of low cost housing by the government is supposed to be for the masses but in my country I am yet to see a person who actually lives in one. Maybe it's for a particular sect in the society

In my country Nigeria, there is nothing like that ,even though they have housing plan in their fiscal budget but it will never get to the grassroots. It will be allocated to the government officials if they eventually build it. Housing is one of the major problem we faced here because of high rate of poverty in our country Nigeria.

I m

In my country pakistan, Government has some projects for low paid jobs employeees. But i am not sure they are actually given or not. But i our army sector evrery employee get a home from government.
In my country, given all the situation we are experiencing, the military were the most benefited with the houses, today as the military has multiplied in an impressive way, they no longer have to give it to everyone. Apart from that, the construction of houses is currently on hold, waiting for that activity to resume.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back