What's new

For a new business, is it adviseeable to employ family and friends?

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
I'm afraid I won't take such risk knowing fully well that over 60% of such startups will fail. I can only have then around for mental and emotional support. Relatives, most times, take advantage of such bond/ relations to mismanage the business resources and funds knowing fully well the implications.

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
If i have space for employment why won't i employ a skilled family member or a friend that is good to me. That will help me run my business successfully. I prefer a family member, a friend close to me first before an outsider in my business initiative. Because family always stand by you during time of distress, but an outsider can't stand by you long enough, especially when you are facing traumatic time.

Absolutely not, I don't think you should be employing a family member or a friend to a newly established business because there is just alot of reasons how things could go wrong. For one there would probably not be enough supervision on your part, and even if you supervise he or she very well, he or she would definitely be tempted to behave irresponsibly since you are a friend or family or they don't take the work serious because of overfamiliarity and when you caution them they will say you are too bossy and all other.

Well, if they have required experience and they are disciplined, there's nothing bad in employing the services of family and friends, moreover over familiarity can ruin the progress of the business. So caution must be taken

Well I think employing or accommodating Family and friends into a new business will slow down the growth pace, as familiarity will definitely set in and decisions/ policies would be implemented at a slow pace.

I would advise you to include them if they have experience and ability to do business.Because in the beginning you need sincere people who work on their own understanding and friends relatives family all these people can play a key role.

It really depends on the family member or a friend. If they are responsible or capable to work in your business, then I don't see anything wrong with employing them. But there should be boundaries between being a friend/family to employee/employer relationship.

It's not advisable to keep your family members with you in new business specially and i am in the favour that never keep your family or relatives member as your employee because at any mistake you can't even say them any harsh word on their mistake mostly and your business may ruin.

For my personal choice because I do not have trust in my family and relatives so I am against having a family or relative in my business. With friends, it depends on the kind of friends. If the friend is capable and qualified then why not as long as his behavior is decent and diligent with the job. I understand that some businessmen wanted independence but again it depends on the character of the family member and of the friends as well.

In is not wise to employ families and friends in any business whether old or new. Families and friends kills business. There is a say that no families and friends in business and that works. You must not make mistake to employ families and friends in your business because they will run down your business. They will not respect the ethics of business because the boss is their family member or a friend.

It's essential to employ experts when starting up a new business. Family or friends should not be employed based on the existing relationship amongst them. Also, families and or friend may get mad if you scold them for doing a particular thing which isn't professional. Hence, get qualified employees.

It's not advisable to employ a relative family and friends at first because a new business need to be patient ,focus ,commitment perseverance. Because start a new business, you have to very wise and be patient so for first you should employ a who aren't relate atol so the businesses we go how u want it to go smoothly...

If you own a small business you will probably be tempted at some point to hire a relative or close friend - whether it's because they are desperately in need of a job or because you really need the help of someone you know and trust. Before you bring your best friend, brother-in-law, or third cousin twice removed on board, consider these pros and cons of hiring family and friends.

Its not advisable to employ family and friends for your business because buisness is not a family affairs,it's strictly business unless they have the required qualification to improve your business.starting a new buisness requires strict policy to be able to make your business a long time profit.
But there are some exceptions. Personally, I feel that if I want to start a business, I might employ my trusted and reliable family and friends. There are some of them who understands us very deeply and won't do anything that will jeopardize the business
Trust me there are family and friends you can trust, they might probably be scarce though

Yes, I think it is. It depends on how capable the family member is to the business line. Also, for a member, no need of reference because you know him or her and can vouch for such person. Lastly, the family member will be understanding in terms of payment of allowance and salary because it is a new business.

Definitely no, sometimes close associates employed in a business can be rather neglectful and lack commitment to a business.
For starting a business, hiring an outsider will be better in the long run. You can letter on employ a relative or friend when the business is more successful.
Just be sure the person is trustworthy and not lazy.

No family or friends in buisness, employing your family or friends in your business is the not issue the main issue is the competence or the ability of the employees.employ who are only capable or who have the required skills and experience to your business.
Post automatically merged:

No family or friends in buisness, employing your family or friends in your business is the not issue the main issue is the competence or the ability of the employees.employ who are only capable or who have the required skills and experience to your business.

In a start up business especially one that's starting small,you need to make do of the resources you've got...under normal circumstances i wouldn't advice but if the business owner don't have other alternatives as regards to resource management and all,then he/she can go ahead to employ family and friends

You should take a advice with family to become a employee family members talk about this to start a new business early but not a become employee

I don't see why not as long as the family member or relative has the necessary skills and experience to work effectively and they also understand that the workplace is strictly business. A lot of people will advise that it is a bad idea, but then again no one got your back like family.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back