Exact Match Domains

jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In times past, it was easy to rank for certain terms by simply picking a domain that exactly contained the keyphrase one was targeting. For instance, if one was targeting "used cars California", a person could simply register UsedCarsCalifornia.net, UsedCarsCalifornia.info etc..

Anyway, though, obviously this was a practice abused by lower quality websites. Of course, it was a shortcut for them.

It still can be used, but with a little care. For instance, my Online Drafting School (draftingschool.net) domain has paid off with keyword precision for several years now, as has my Technical Drawing Courses (technicaldrawing.us) domain. The domain/keyword principle still pays off if used reasonably.

True, but how much do other factors play? For instance, maybe you have a good link profile.

This is pretty much a dead strategy that worked back in the 2000s and maybe early 2010s. My advice is to pay professionals for SEO - cause an ordinary person cannot do it on their own these days. Anyway, since your paying, you might find it more profitable to not try SEO and opt for PPC. Well, there's a debate there.

In as much as close match domains where the norms in the olden days, it is actually still in practice in this day and age. To get much for your website you can still be using domains that correlate or correspond with your key words.

Exact match domains still have value but because of competition it is not possible to rank just because of the exact match domain, you also need the exact match query in your topic title, as well long tail search terms within the body of your content.

If it ends up being too long, people might not remember it but if you have to abbreviate things, it can backfire for the same reason. I think for shorter things exact matches do great.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back