What's new

Ever been promised a promotion you never got?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Were you ever promised a a promotion, but never ended up getting it, or someone else did instead? I've never been promised a promotion or upgraded job, but I sure would like to. :D But I haven't gone through something like this, but have you?

I have never found myself in a situation whereby I was promised a promotion and it never got to happen. This is something that is going to be very frustrating for someone who went through this kind of experience because I believe that the person must have made arrangements on how to strategize with his new position at the office but it will end up being all for nothing.

I have never found myself in a situation whereby I was promised a promotion and it never got to happen. This is something that is going to be very frustrating for someone who went through this kind of experience because I believe that the person must have made arrangements on how to strategize with his new position at the office but it will end up being all for nothing.

I have worked in a place where it was a really hard thing to get promoted and it was basically a part-time job, so I reckon that many people never even focused on getting promoted. Regardless of this, if you never get promoted, then I think that talking to the manager about it may help.

Not exactly, but to some extents. I said that because whenever someone is promoted at my place, there will be some benefits attached to it. But for my case I was promoted but denied the benefits. I felt really bad about it.

Not exactly, but to some extents. I said that because whenever someone is promoted at my place, there will be some benefits attached to it. But for my case I was promoted but denied the benefits. I felt really bad about it.

Well, many people usually expect unrealistic promotions and I think that this is a bad idea. People should never rely on getting promoted. They should always work hard and be honest. In case, if you self-evaluate your performance and if you think that you are not being promoted, then it is a better idea to seek better opportunities where you may get promoted and work with an organisation that acknowledge your efforts.

I can't say that I have found myself in a situation where I was promised a promotion but it never happened.

I have been in a situation where I was promised a certain salary for the work I did but never received it but that is about the only thing I have had an issue with.

I have worked in a place where it was a really hard thing to get promoted and it was basically a part-time job, so I reckon that many people never even focused on getting promoted. Regardless of this, if you never get promoted, then I think that talking to the manager about it may help.

Well, when you're working on a part time job, I don't think that you have any right to be looking at being promoted. It doesn't work like that in any temporary job I have come across. It's only those who are work on full time permanent jobs that are entitled to being promoted.

I once worked at a job where I was promised a promotion and a pay rise after 4 months. But just in 17 days my boss picked up a fight with me and I quit the job. I have no experience with other jobs where I was promised a promotion and never received it.

I once worked at a job where I was promised a promotion and a pay rise after 4 months. But just in 17 days my boss picked up a fight with me and I quit the job. I have no experience with other jobs where I was promised a promotion and never received it.

Do you even know what I'm thinking? It's actually looking to me like your boss intentionally started the fight with you just to make sure you didn't stay long on the job and get promoted with better pay. He might have been doing the same thing to others before without you knowing.

Well, when you're working on a part time job, I don't think that you have any right to be looking at being promoted. It doesn't work like that in any temporary job I have come across. It's only those who are work on full time permanent jobs that are entitled to being promoted.

I think that it would be unfair to promise promotion to an employee and then denying them. This would mean that the company is unreliable and thy do not care for their employees that much. So, this could be the reason why many employees may consider working for some other company.

I have not had such experience at all. I have been lucky with promotions at my workplace, and the good side to it is that I always easy settling in every new role that I have gotten in the past too. So, I can't really talk about disappointments with getting a promotion at workplaces

I am promised to be promoted for a month already and can't stand the fact that I am just lied to because I feel that i won't be promoted, but at the same time I don't want to quit my job

Do you even know what I'm thinking? It's actually looking to me like your boss intentionally started the fight with you just to make sure you didn't stay long on the job and get promoted with better pay. He might have been doing the same thing to others before without you knowing.

It may be possible that some bosses might start the fight. They may do that so that they could create a fuss and stop the promotion. However, the good thing is the fact that promoting people in workplaces is mainly in the hand of business management, which may be far above the boss. However, the boss may still have some kind of influence in the company and they could stop promotions.

I am promised to be promoted for a month already and can't stand the fact that I am just lied to because I feel that i won't be promoted, but at the same time I don't want to quit my job

It is always very frustrating whenever your company promises you a promotion and disappoint to do that. A lot of people will be mentally down as a result of this but you should look at is still being able to carry out your job and get paid. Hopefully in the future you will get promoted.

Yes sadly I was supposed to get a promotion in my work's place but the manager was not the kindest person, it doesn't matter how many times I have told her and asked she kept ignoring me and never actually done the task.
I asksd for more shifts since I had a low amount of them and I needed more money and satisfactory, ultimately without a doubt and with no choice I had to quit and proceed with my life just like any other person. (I did receive the salary and I enjoyed working there so the story isn't just negativity).

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back