Dot forum domain for a Forum site

Justin

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jan 6, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Why don't forum owners use dot forum domains? Is it because it is very expensive (namecheap price $599.98 for first year and second year for $1199.98)? Or, they don't understand the value of niche domain extension and continue t use generic domain?

I knew about dot forum domains, however, I did not know dot forums were so costly. I cannot imagine paying $599 just for one domain. Instead of paying $599 for one domain, I will consider buying 50-60 domains using extensions like com, net, or org.

Lol, that's whole lots of money to invest on that domain name dotforum domain. Its better to go for the one you'll afford to buy, and leave that one for the people with finance.

I think dot forum domain extension can help a forum rank faster because of the word forum in the domain name but they also say extension does not matter for ranking.

I didn't know that you could get a dot forum domain, that's quite cool. They're super expensive though! They're like $800 to renew after the first year which Is crazy high when you consider a dot blog domain is like $20.

At the time of writing this promotion.forum is currently available. I wonder if anyone would get that, that'd be a great domain!

I knew about dot forum domains, however, I did not know dot forums were so costly. I cannot imagine paying $599 just for one domain. Instead of paying $599 for one domain, I will consider buying 50-60 domains using extensions like com, net, or org.
That is also my opinion. Why pay so much for a domain name simply because it is a dot forum like a niche. I would rather have my forum in a dot com or dot org or whatever domain name provider as long as I can save money. I don't think the suffix makes much difference but the amount of annual fee would surely make a difference in my pocket.

Dotcom is very easy to type and accessie by new visitors. Most of the known forums be it PTP or none, are using the dotcom extension often.

That is also my opinion. Why pay so much for a domain name simply because it is a dot forum like a niche. I would rather have my forum in a dot com or dot org or whatever domain name provider as long as I can save money. I don't think the suffix makes much difference but the amount of annual fee would surely make a difference in my pocket.
Yes, domain extension does not make much difference in terms of seo value. Therefore, there is no need to pay a lot of money for a domain extension. It is better o stick with dot com.

Are you expecting them to go for the one you're recommending because it is important for their forum as you think? They are in it for the money like any other person out there doing business for themselves I think

This is the first time that I am hearing about the existence of a website extension with the name dot forum. I don't have a forum yet so I can't say the reason why most forum owners are not considered using such kind of extension but I will be guessing it's because of how costly it is.

niche domains are easily identifiable, therefore, if you are creating a website, it might be valuable when you can use niche related extension, but this is just a personal choice.

I did not know dot forum domains were so expensive I am against using fancy sounding domain names. I like dot com, which is not just cheap but also trusted by common people

Why don't forum owners use dot forum domains? Is it because it is very expensive (namecheap price $599.98 for first year and second year for $1199.98)? Or, they don't understand the value of niche domain extension and continue t use generic domain?
First thing I will like to know if using dot forum domain we be giving more profit to a forum platform,I would advice the newer admin to make use of it then,but if not I see no reason for it tho.

using a domain extension is not just a matter of choice for the admin of the site, it is also about finance. Why should you use a lot of money just for a domain?

I have never seen any forums using dot forum domain extension, I have seen all sorts of domain for a forum such as dot come, dot net, dot io, even dot xyz but not dot forum

A niche specific domain name makes a better choice than this .forum domain names they keep having for themselves. They might not have understood the difference in what choices they have made that's why

I'm sure if you ask @Alexander, he'll give you more insight, that's on a lighter note anyways.
Apart from the fact that it's expensive, it's not easy to remember. Imagine having to type bizdustry.forum when visiting, a lot of people are so used to dot com and it's serving well.

I like the extension but I find it a bit expensive. I found somewhere, $ 600 a year ... that means a lot for a domain. so better give $ 10 on a .com: D

I think the dot forum domain name is not too expensive for the forums because I believed that forums are making lots of profit and it's quite interesting to set up one. I planned doing that later.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back