What's new

Does your place of work have a break room?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you work anywhere, they usually have a break room, but some will have a cafeteria. But I mainly want to know if you have a break room instead? I feel break rooms are more relaxing. But cafeterias I imagine have a better selection of food and snacks.

I have been part of a company that had a separate area on their terrace. They also had a cafeteria in that particular area where people used to gather for a short break. The company had many strange polices. For example, you cannot go out of the office building, even during break time.

Cafeteria is essentially what most workplaces that I know have where their workers usually go and sit down to enjoy their breaks while they eat snacks or even food if the cafeteria offers food selling services.

My last job offered a lunch and snacks facility. Reporting time was 8 and staff were welcomed with tea and cookies. They served lunch and tea and snacks in the afternoon.

Cafeteria is essentially what most workplaces that I know have where their workers usually go and sit down to enjoy their breaks while they eat snacks or even food if the cafeteria offers food selling services.

There are some companies that do not allow their employees to leave the building! I have worked in such a company and this rule seemed incredibly weird to me. So, sitting in a cafeteria located outside the office building was not an option to me.

There are some companies that do not allow their employees to leave the building! I have worked in such a company and this rule seemed incredibly weird to me. So, sitting in a cafeteria located outside the office building was not an option to me.

There will most likely be a very good reason why some companies will not allow their workers to leave the premises of where they are working probably because of a security reason. But I don't see that as something that should be forced on workers because it is their break time and they usually know when they are supposed to be back from the break. They are not supposed to be confined like they're in a prison.

There will most likely be a very good reason why some companies will not allow their workers to leave the premises of where they are working probably because of a security reason. But I don't see that as something that should be forced on workers because it is their break time and they usually know when they are supposed to be back from the break. They are not supposed to be confined like they're in a prison.

I have worked in two different branches of the same business. What's quite strange is that the employees were allowed to leave the building in a different branch during the break time. However, this was not the case with the other branch. This is quite strange!

I have worked in two different branches of the same business. What's quite strange is that the employees were allowed to leave the building in a different branch during the break time. However, this was not the case with the other branch. This is quite strange!

It's definitely weird for a company with different branches not to have the work policy. It's totally wrong and the management should be made aware of the discrepancies in how those branches work with or without their instructions. Workers will be facing penalties in what they shouldn't because of lack of uniformity.

It's definitely weird for a company with different branches not to have the work policy. It's totally wrong and the management should be made aware of the discrepancies in how those branches work with or without their instructions. Workers will be facing penalties in what they shouldn't because of lack of uniformity.

Well, this is strange and the rules were quite different in the same company. In that case, the company should allow employees to go out and purchase food if they want to have food during the break period. Many companies may never have a separate place where workers are supposed to stay during the break period. So, this is why they allow them to go out of the building.

My last job offered a lunch and snacks facility. Reporting time was 8 and staff were welcomed with tea and cookies. They served lunch and tea and snacks in the afternoon.

I have worked for a consultant agency that had the same kind of facility for their staff. You don't need to make your tea or coffee by yourself. All you need to do is request for it and those in charge will have it prepared and delivered to where you're sitting in wait for it.

It is a good place to unwind from the stress that comes with working. Most of the times, always working and not taking a break can have a negative reaction on the output at work. So, taking a time to relax and chill is always very important.

It is a good place to unwind from the stress that comes with working. Most of the times, always working and not taking a break can have a negative reaction on the output at work. So, taking a time to relax and chill is always very important.

Depending on the kind of job, the break period should be long. For example, if you are working for five or six hours, the you should be given at least 30 minutes break. However, it entirely depends on the kind of workload. Imagine doing a very tiresome job and getting a few minutes break.

There's a restaurant facility in my workplace. It's where all our staffs sit to rest while we are at break. It's a good place where they have music and TV. There's an air conditioning unit there too. If you're resting there, you will be comfortable.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back