What's new

Does using two routers increase strength of wifi?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I heard you could daisy chain a router in the hopes of extending your wifi to other rooms of the house. My wifi does a pretty good job at covering most of my house, but the far end of my house doesn't get a lot of of the wifi, so I was wondering if i could connect another router to my main router to extend it to other rooms easier? I know there are wifi extenders you can buy, but I want to try this way instead.

You can use an amplifier that will increase strength and reduce range. Some say they increase range but they don't. Not the ones I have used anyways.

I at the moment have two routers in my home so that my eldest son is able to have wired connections in his room for his Xbox Series S and his PC and I do find that does help to extend the WiFi.

We also have small hubs from our ISP as well that helps extend the wifi which works really well too. I always remember being in the back of the house and in the garden, I would always lose wifi, but now I don't.

I've tried this and it was excellent. I had this really long hall way and my bedroom was located at the far end. Connection was very slow that I would have to leave the door ajar just to connect. When I did extend the wifi, it solved the problem

I'm not using router for my internet connect. I use a portable hardware called a Mifi. I can pocket it in my pants and go wherever I wanted. Routers are good because I've been in homes where they are used but I'm okay with my Mifi.

Using two routers can increase your connection speed, however, you will need to keep these routers in two different places. If your main router is on the ground floor you can increase network strength in the second floor by using another router in the second story.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back