Melanie M

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 23, 2021
USD
$0.9200USD
Biznotes
Do you find it distracting / messy?
Can you snack while working, or do you wait and give yourself a specific time for snacks, or a lunch break..
And if so, what's your favorite snack while working from home, & what are you snacking on right now?

I am having some whipped feta with cucumbers and pita chips.

Screenshot_20230622-143716~2.png

I sometimes will pick at something simple and clean. Like dried fruit, a banana, or one of those drinkable yogurts. I don't like to get my keyboard dirty so I tend to avoid eating at me desk most of the time.

I sometimes will pick at something simple and clean. Like dried fruit, a banana, or one of those drinkable yogurts. I don't like to get my keyboard dirty so I tend to avoid eating at me desk most of the time.
Well, that's smart.
I work on my phone a lot and I'll admit the screen gets a little greasy.
🍜🥪🍛
Sometimes I do, but usually it don't. I'll rather have a drink by me instead as I tend to cough from time to time. Sometimes I'll have a cookie or two.
Are they Smart for Life Cookies 🍪 👀

😁

I used to take snacks to work and would eat them as specific times during the day. But I think I probably shouldn't have brought them because then I felt obligated to eat them. I could have done without.

I liked eating snack bars or granola bars. They were quick and small enough to put in a purse.

Yes, I can't work without snacking something. It helps me stay energized and focused throughout the day. However, I do worry about the negative effects it can have on my health and productivity in the long run. That's why I recently discovered the concept of "chair yoga" here - a way to do simple yoga exercises while sitting at my desk. Not only does it provide a mental and physical break, but it also helps me curb my snacking cravings. Chair yoga is a win-win solution for those of us who want to maintain a healthy snacking habit while maximizing our work efficiency.
I love yoga. 🧘‍♀️ I've never tried chair yoga, so I'll have to check out the link. Sounds cool! Thanks @maiden

I don't snack while working, I have never done that. Well, there are exceptions though (especially when I have no time to go to the dining room to eat and I am running out of deadlines). There is a danger of snacking while working, you might spill your food on your keyboard. However, I like drinking coffee, water, or even juice while working. I like to keep myself hydrated as well as add caffeine into my body for working longer hours.

Having a snack nearby while working would be would be a good idea , but unfortunately, my workplace prohibits any food items in the office. Break this rule could lead to job termination and significant consequences. Nevertheless, I strongly believe that having a small snack can be beneficial for productivity and maintaining energy throughout the day.

While working from home I had a gala time with snacks and of course it contributed majorly to my weight gain. Biscuits and potato chips were the most prominent snacks.

I don't snack while working, I have never done that. Well, there are exceptions though (especially when I have no time to go to the dining room to eat and I am running out of deadlines). There is a danger of snacking while working, you might spill your food on your keyboard. However, I like drinking coffee, water, or even juice while working. I like to keep myself hydrated as well as add caffeine into my body for working longer hours.
I used to be able to drink Diet Coke for a little "boost" when I needed to stay up. Now, even when I mix it with caffeine-free 1/2 & 1/2 DC and regular, I get all jumpy and hyper. And this goes on for HOURS.. like this nervous electrical energy running thru my veins. Very unsettling.
So I consume zero caffeine now, and the only thing that refreshes me is a power nap. 🙄
Thanks @Nomad Lucky you
Having a snack nearby while working would be would be a good idea , but unfortunately, my workplace prohibits any food items in the office. Break this rule could lead to job termination and significant consequences. Nevertheless, I strongly believe that having a small snack can be beneficial for productivity and maintaining energy throughout the day.
Yeah don't get caught
Maybe some peanut M&M's in the drawer... Take one at a time. Maybe every 15 minutes... and chew carefully and slowwwly.
I got away with this for years in high school. 😏 😇
While working from home I had a gala time with snacks and of course it contributed majorly to my weight gain. Biscuits and potato chips were the most prominent snacks.
Haha YUM. Well, why not? If you're working at home, then you're the boss. Be a very lenient boss 😜
At least you're working. 👍

Last edited:
I will admit that when I am working, I do like to snack from time to time. I try to stick to healthy snacks such as nuts and raisins or even fruit when it comes to snacking but I do sometimes go for something else such as crisps (potato chips) if I fancy those.

I will admit that when I am working, I do like to snack from time to time. I try to stick to healthy snacks such as nuts and raisins or even fruit when it comes to snacking but I do sometimes go for something else such as crisps (potato chips) if I fancy those.
Chips are the best! 🙂
I cannot and will not eat any kind of sandwich without potato chips on the side. 🥪
It just doesn't feel right, like half the lunch is missing.
Thanks @Shortie
Happy posting and snacking
All the time! Especially in the evenings
I know what you mean. My appetite is lacking all day, and then finally at night I feel like eating. Most of the time. Sometimes it's just an almonds & cheese crackers day when the appetite is just .. gone. I get days like that now. I don't know why. But you've gotta eat something, or blood sugar drops and you're in real trouble. Thanks @lexfurther

Yes, I do. I buy biscuits on your way to work and always take those snacks whenever that I am feeling under pressure at work. It has been of good help to me as well. There are other times that I change varieties and go with potato chips, and it is always a way to not feel bored at work.

I don't like snacking when I'm at the office working. It's messy because some of snacks will be dropping on my work desk. I like my working space to me neat. It's only water I drink and keep on my desk whenever I'm working.

Yes, from time to time I usually snack on something at work, but I don't usually snack a lot, simply when I'm a little hungry and that's it, something quick, that I can eat in less than 5 minutes, lunch food I suppose is not included on this issue.

In my office, eating is not allowed while working. So, whenever I work from home, I snack a lot. I keep munching on something while working.

The way I go about snacking when I am at work is that I'm going to suspend whatever I am doing and focus on eating my snacks. This is so that I don't mess up the whole place that I'm working in.

The moment I am done with eating my snacks, I am going to clean up the place and resume my work from where I stopped.

In my office, eating is not allowed while working. So, whenever I work from home, I snack a lot. I keep munching on something while working.

I support this decision by any company to ban eating anything while you're at work. Water can be allowed because one can feel thirsty but not eating food or snacks. If you're hungry, there is a cafeteria to be used.

I don't think anyone is going to tell you how to do anything in your home and that is exactly the reason why most people prefer working online as a freelancer remotely in their homes today. I don't have any problem with my office having a rule against eating while you're working because I don't think it is the right thing to do.

Yes, from time to time I usually snack on something at work, but I don't usually snack a lot, simply when I'm a little hungry and that's it, something quick, that I can eat in less than 5 minutes, lunch food I suppose is not included on this issue.

Lunch food can't be regarded as snacking. It's a meal which workers get a break from work to eat. No worker will be forced to eat their lunch while active on duty. It doesn't do justice to their working space.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back