What's new

Do you need sound to help you get to sleep?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When I go to bed, I like to have some kind of constant noise going, so I usually have my fan going every night. I don't like the sound of silence when I sleep, idk why that is, maybe it's because I hate the sound by body makes, my heart all that. In college one of my fans broke, so we figured a solution out by putting up a video of fan sounds every night until we got a replacement fan. No joke.

I know some people who like to listen to music and some like to hear certain noises, like cars, rain, thunderstorms, etc. What about you?

Yup. Every night I wear ear buds and have an old iPod playing 24/7. It is plugged in else the battery dies instantly. I have it playing fan sounds. I want to get another one, used, for backup. I can't sleep without it.

No, I don't need any type of sound to help me sleep every night. Music might help me feel relaxed but I don't need it before I can sleep. If I get in my bed, in the next 5 minutes, I will be asleep.

There are some days when I need to listen to music before I will be able to sleep off and some days I wouldn't need to listen to any music when I sleep off. It is more or less how my body is feeling at the moment when I want to sleep that will determine if I will need music or not.

No, I don't need any type of sound to help me sleep every night. Music might help me feel relaxed but I don't need it before I can sleep. If I get in my bed, in the next 5 minutes, I will be asleep.

I don't know how people who sleep with sound do it. I like to sleep when there is calmness everywhere and no one disturbing me. The major thing with the way that I sleep is that I believe that a good sleep is when you have zero distractions from everything.

I don't know how people who sleep with sound do it. I like to sleep when there is calmness everywhere and no one disturbing me. The major thing with the way that I sleep is that I believe that a good sleep is when you have zero distractions from everything.

I don't really know if it is something that I'm going to call a psychological issue or not but I just know that in a situation whereby I need the music to be playing when I am sleeping, it is working as a way to help to calm my nerves in order for me to be able to sleep off. Without the music playing at that point, I will find it very difficult to nap off.

Yes, it's a distraction when I want to finally sleep. I may be listening to music or watching it play on TV but when I feel the grip of my sleep on my eyes, I will switch off everything and enjoy my sleep in peace and quiet.

Yup. Every night I wear ear buds and have an old iPod playing 24/7. It is plugged in else the battery dies instantly. I have it playing fan sounds. I want to get another one, used, for backup. I can't sleep without it.

It's almost impossible for me to wear any kind of ear buds to sleep. They will always be giving me discomfort. There was a time when it even fell off as I was sleeping. It was in that moment that I know sleeping with ear buds is never going to work for me.

I actually sleep better without any sound when it's quiet my brain slowly take me to the self restart that is called sleep.
I do like to hear songs or musics sometimes on bed but honestly it's not effective but its enjoyable for me it's not helping.
Moreover sleep is a chill and relaxing process of the body so it makes sense that for some people music will be helping to sleep both are based on the same idea of silence, place for thoughts, break of the day and etcetece.

Yes, it's a distraction when I want to finally sleep. I may be listening to music or watching it play on TV but when I feel the grip of my sleep on my eyes, I will switch off everything and enjoy my sleep in peace and quiet.

There are definitely some people who find it very difficult to sleep whenever any kind of noise is in the background of their room. It is always very challenging and uncomfortable for them to close their eyes once that noise is always repeating and that is the reason why they try to shut everything off before they sleep.

There are some days when I need to listen to music before I will be able to sleep off and some days I wouldn't need to listen to any music when I sleep off. It is more or less how my body is feeling at the moment when I want to sleep that will determine if I will need music or not.

It is when I'm freaking out and restless music will help me to tune down my anxiety. I'd listen to it until it feels like I've been soaked wet in the lyrics of the music. If I start feeling better, I'll be quick to sleep afterwards.

The fan is the only noise I use when I go to sleep. The constant cycle of the same sound helps keep me relaxed, I think.

I don't use fan to sleep, but I am learning since we are entering the dry season here when the weather is always hot. The noise from the fan is definitely not enough to disrupt someone's sleep as far as I am concerned.

I am totally against having background noise when I sleep, I like to sleep without any noise and also with total darkness, which helps me to sleep quickly, plus I usually fall asleep quite quickly, so having noise would only deprive me of sleeping better.

As for music, perfect anything aside it is a total distraction to me. I find it difficult to sleep when there is ongoing noise in the surrounding.

If I sleep with noises, know that I was damn sleepy, you know that kinda sleep that you can't control or stop yourself from.

I don't use fan to sleep, but I am learning since we are entering the dry season here when the weather is always hot. The noise from the fan is definitely not enough to disrupt someone's sleep as far as I am concerned.

Well, if your fan is too noisy, I believe that there is always a way to fix this problem. It either you have the fan changed or you remove the fan and install air conditioner system. This doesn't make any noise whenever you are sleeping, unless it is going to be difficult for you to afford the installing an air conditioning system.

The fan is the only noise I use when I go to sleep. The constant cycle of the same sound helps keep me relaxed, I think.

It is not healthy to sleep under the fan for too long. Using standing fan is worst if you hook it to stop rotating. It will give you pneumonia which is a very dangerous health issue.

As for music, perfect anything aside it is a total distraction to me. I find it difficult to sleep when there is ongoing noise in the surrounding.

If I sleep with noises, know that I was damn sleepy, you know that kinda sleep that you can't control or stop yourself from.

This is something that usually happens when you are completely down and worn out. The way you are going to sleep is something that is even going to be surprising for you, because if someone come and carried you from the bed where you are sleeping, you will even find it very difficult to wake up.

I'm playing music now which is preparing me for sleep in the next 1 hour. I've been playing for about 2 hours enjoying my time. Music is cool if you have a sweet playlist. If I'm ready to sleep, I'll will switch off the music. I've played it long enough.

I don't need any kind of sound to go to sleep. I can sleep within 5-10 minutes. However, I do enjoy soothing music while sleeping. I mostly listen to Hindu mantras while sleeping. The reason why I like listening to Hindu mantras while sleeping is because they not only relax my mind but also creates good vibes inside me.

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back