What's new

Do you have your workers reprimanded privately or publicly?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
There's always a time when your workers will do something so bad when it comes to carrying out their work and that can affect the business in negative. When you want to reprimand any of your workers who did such kind of thing, do you carry it in from of the entire staff to serve as a warning to all or do you do it privately which you would have to do again when another worker commit the same error.

There's always a time when your workers will do something so bad when it comes to carrying out their work and that can affect the business in negative. When you want to reprimand any of your workers who did such kind of thing, do you carry it in from of the entire staff to serve as a warning to all or do you do it privately which you would have to do again when another worker commit the same error.

I have done this in a courteous manner, as I think that it is mandatory for you as a worker to make sure that others also follow the same rules as a worker. I do not think that there should be anything wrong about it. However, it all depends on the rules and regulations in a business.

I have done this in a courteous manner, as I think that it is mandatory for you as a worker to make sure that others also follow the same rules as a worker. I do not think that there should be anything wrong about it. However, it all depends on the rules and regulations in a business.

I've had some workers who have a very big problem when it comes to confronting them publicly and trying to correct them where they made a mistake because they feel like they are being embarrassed publicly which I don't usually see it that way because if you did what you were supposed to do right, there wouldn't be any need for you to be corrected publicly.

I don't have any problems with getting scolded publicly by my boss or my supervisor when I fail in my job which will have adverse effects on the business. I take corrections in good faith because it's how you grow and get better. If they decide to do it privately, it's a good gesture from them.

I've had some workers who have a very big problem when it comes to confronting them publicly and trying to correct them where they made a mistake because they feel like they are being embarrassed publicly which I don't usually see it that way because if you did what you were supposed to do right, there wouldn't be any need for you to be corrected publicly.

I think that I may have a different opinion regarding this. A worker should be reprimanded in a private manner. Insulting an employee in the public is not an appropriate thing to do until or unless the employee has committed a major offence.

I think that I may have a different opinion regarding this. A worker should be reprimanded in a private manner. Insulting an employee in the public is not an appropriate thing to do until or unless the employee has committed a major offence.

Reprimanding a worker is different from insulting a worker, you are just missing the point because there are some things that you will do and you have to be corrected in a public manner so that every other staff is going to be aware of the mistake that you made so that they will not make the same mistake which was still result in having to correct another person on the same thing again.

Depends on what they did. I think most issues should be between you and the staff member, and no one else. Unless there were other staff involved. I think it should mostly be a private thing. If it's a repeated issue though and they don't listen, maybe it'd be time to make it public. But I don't know if that would be a good idea or not.

I have never reprimanded my workers publically. Even when I was firing a worker, I called him in private and asked him to stop coming to the job the next day. I do not want to humiliate people. I do not want to damage their self-respect.

I have never reprimanded my workers publically. Even when I was firing a worker, I called him in private and asked him to stop coming to the job the next day. I do not want to humiliate people. I do not want to damage their self-respect.
The nature of a boss makes him behave in certain ways. For example, if you follow WWE, you will know the Owner who's the Cheif Executive Officer of the company Mr. Vincent Kennedy McMahon, he's infamous for firing his staffs publicly and he takes pride in doing it.

The nature of a boss makes him behave in certain ways. For example, if you follow WWE, you will know the Owner who's the Cheif Executive Officer of the company Mr. Vincent Kennedy McMahon, he's infamous for firing his staffs publicly and he takes pride in doing it.
That's a show business and even when he fires his staff, he appears in the news and that's a free promotion. THose people who are fired are already in the limelight, when they are fired publicly they make news and might even get better opportunities. For normal people, getting fired publicly is a shame.

That's a show business and even when he fires his staff, he appears in the news and that's a free promotion. THose people who are fired are already in the limelight, when they are fired publicly they make news and might even get better opportunities. For normal people, getting fired publicly is a shame.

It is very wrong to fire anyone working for you publicly no matter what they have done. I'm never going to be in support of it because when they were hired, it was not a public announcement so whenever it is time to relieve them of their duties, it should be done the same way they were hired.

Reprimanding a worker is different from insulting a worker, you are just missing the point because there are some things that you will do and you have to be corrected in a public manner so that every other staff is going to be aware of the mistake that you made so that they will not make the same mistake which was still result in having to correct another person on the same thing again.

Well, reprimanding a worker may not necessarily mean insulting a worker, as you stated. You can gently remind a person and even reprimand them in a friendly manner. We all make mistakes. Even robots could make mistakes sometimes. No one is perfect, not even the AI.

Well, reprimanding a worker may not necessarily mean insulting a worker, as you stated. You can gently remind a person and even reprimand them in a friendly manner. We all make mistakes. Even robots could make mistakes sometimes. No one is perfect, not even the AI.

Insulting your worker is an abuse and you might get sued for it and you're going to end up paying for serious damages. It's just like bosses who get physical with their staff for whatever the reason they have, it's never going to end well for the boss and his business. He will be forced to dance to the tunes of the law.

I liken it how I moderate my forums, or discord servers. If you misbehave, act up, etc, we will have a word with you. But we never air it out in public as we don't want to create more of a problem. Also if it's a dispute between two users, you don't one one or the other going to the forums to badmouth each other. Concerns like this should be brought up to a forum owner, admin, moderator, etc and if possible, you should work together with the users to come to a resolution to the situation.

I liken it how I moderate my forums, or discord servers. If you misbehave, act up, etc, we will have a word with you. But we never air it out in public as we don't want to create more of a problem. Also if it's a dispute between two users, you don't one one or the other going to the forums to badmouth each other. Concerns like this should be brought up to a forum owner, admin, moderator, etc and if possible, you should work together with the users to come to a resolution to the situation.

This is the best way to handle this kind of crisis especially when they are happening online in forums or Discord servers. You cannot have everyone acting up and putting the whole community in a situation whereby it is not going to be unconducive for others to make use of it because of two members that are having issues.

When it comes to work, I reprimand my workers privately, only their colleagues can be seen around them so that others can also learn and not repeat the same mistake next time.

When it comes to work, I reprimand my workers privately, only their colleagues can be seen around them so that others can also learn and not repeat the same mistake next time.

It is never right to do this kind of a thing when it comes to reprimanding your workers in front of customers because it is going to make some of your customers to even talk to them without any manner of respect. But if it is limited to only your workers, all of them are just going to learn from the mistake of the person and not commit the same thing all over again which is going to still have you repeating yourself over again.

Insulting your worker is an abuse and you might get sued for it and you're going to end up paying for serious damages. It's just like bosses who get physical with their staff for whatever the reason they have, it's never going to end well for the boss and his business. He will be forced to dance to the tunes of the law.

In many places, many laws are not implemented. However, now many countries are forming laws where they take mistreatment of workers seriously. So, no one really cares if an employers mistreats a worker and I think that this should be condemned. Working with a good boss is a mandatory thing if you want to maintain your mental health.

I think that it should be done privately and that's because there are things that your customers shouldn't see and I guess people don't like buying stuff in a heating environment. If your employee misbehave in the public, you should focus on solving the problem while ignoring the employees mistake at that moment.

Actually, this staff is to be reprimanded for anything it should be done in the closed doors and not in the front of people with lots of copper eyes because anything done in front of people especially when it has to do with it correcting someone the message is never passed.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back