Difference between Stakeholder and Shareholder

Suba

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Nov 13, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In business terms, many people still misunderstand the words Stakeholder and Shareholder. At first glance it looks the same but if we examine there will be many differences, both regarding functions and authority, differences in the influence on regulations and company decisions. Can you explain to me the difference between Stakeholder and Shareholder?

A shareholder owns parts of a public company through share of stock, while a stakeholder has an interest in the performance of a company for reasons other than stock performance or appreciation. These reasons often mean that the stakeholder has a greater need for the company to succeed over a longer term

I really find it very hard to differentiate the two because both the stakeholders and the shareholders are more or less very important entity of the business. The shareholders are not necessarily a stakeholders because he invest in the company to make profit. The stakeholders of the company are the decision makers. They run the company to achieve it goals.

Stake holders are mostly the people that pool their resources together to start a particular project while shareholders are the people that buy share from the companies in order to be a temporary owner of the company

A shareholder owns parts of a public company through share of stock, while a stakeholder has an interest in the performance of a company for reasons other than stock performance or appreciation. These reasons often mean that the stakeholder has a greater need for the company to succeed over a longer term
To further corroborate your point, a stakeholder is a party that has an interest in a company and can affect or be affected by the success of the business.
Stakeholders of the business include investors, customers, employees and suppliers.

In business terms, many people still misunderstand the words Stakeholder and Shareholder. At first glance it looks the same but if we examine there will be many differences, both regarding functions and authority, differences in the influence on regulations and company decisions. Can you explain to me the difference between Stakeholder and Shareholder?
Stake holders happen to be those who are part of a company or organization, they use their resources to the success of the company.
Shareholders are those who own a part in the company, these are those who buy stocks, shares or are even regarded as customers to the company.

I think that in summary, a stakeholder is more like an investor in the company's business project. The profit making of the company matters to the stakeholder in order for him to make his interest.

A shareholder is someone who has part in a company's ownership but a stakeholder on a company means someone who is highly valued in the company not only because he or she holds a share with the company but for some important reasons. Eg. A company's patron is a stakeholder.

Shareholders imply to the people who have actually invested money in the company, stakeholders are people who have interest in the company, irrespective of their investment.

Shareholder are those people who have investment in the business either directly or indirectly. They are the one that provide money for the business to run efficiently and expect return on their investment.

It's clearly different , share holders are people who own part and shares of the company while stakeholders can be the investors and those monitoring the company

Shareholder is stakeholder of a company while stakeholders might not be a shareholder. Meaning shareholder holds part or ownership stake of company. While stakeholder is just someone who invested in company to make profit.

I think people have done justice to the question in the replies. A shareholder has a stake in the company, it could be through shares or stocks. While a stakeholder just wants the company to be successful.

In a general sense a stakeholder and a shareholder or have interest in the company but what separates them is to the extent at which they have interest in the company in which a stakeholder have more.

S
I think people have done justice to the question in the replies. A shareholder has a stake in the company, it could be through shares or stocks. While a stakeholder just wants the company to be successful.
Shareholder is more are investor who is more interested in the growth of the company so as to get dividends. He or she is not fully in involved in the day to day running of the business but they support the company in anyway they can.
Post automatically merged:

S

Shareholder is more are investor who is more interested in the growth of the company so as to get dividends. He or she is not fully in involved in the day to day running of the business but they support the company in anyway they can.
I mean stakeholder*

Shareholders are the investors in the company. Stake holders many not have any investment but they might have interest in the company in terms of brokering the deal, finding prospects, etc.

A shareholder is a person who owns a portion of a public company through share of stock, while a stakeholder is someone who's interested in the actual performance of the company rather than in the stock performance or appreciation.

A stateholder is some one who regulate the activity of the organization structural bodies which have like mined while shareholders is some one who is a investor in a particular business and have a gain of profits

Shareholders refer to those who have made a financial investment in the firm, whereas stakeholders are those who are interested in the company regardless of whether or not they have made a financial investment.

From my findings, I have discovered that a shareholder owns part of a public company through shares of stock, while a stakeholder has an interest in the
performance of a company for reasons other than stock performance. That is just my little contributions. Thanks for sharing.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back