What's new

Difference between Stakeholder and Shareholder

To my understanding, I sees the stakeholders as those members of the state officials who are responsible for the day to day activities of the state. either directly or Indirectly. while the shareholders are those members of a particular company who are responsible for the day to day affairs of the business company to promote their business.

In business terms, many people still misunderstand the words Stakeholder and Shareholder. At first glance it looks the same but if we examine there will be many differences, both regarding functions and authority, differences in the influence on regulations and company decisions. Can you explain to me the difference between Stakeholder and Shareholder?
The name actually says the difference between both. I believe a stakeholder is simply interested in the profit or benefits of the business, they do not own any part of the business. Shareholders on the other hand owns part of the company through shares or stocks.

A shareholder owns part of a public company through shares of stock, while a stakeholder has an interest in the performance of a company for reasons other than stock performance or appreciation. These reasons often mean that the stakeholder has a greater need for the company to succeed over a longer term.
Post automatically merged:

I think a
It's clearly different , share holders are people who own part and shares of the company while stakeholders can be the investors and those monitoring the company

shareholder is always a stakeholder in a corporation, but a stakeholder is not always a shareholder. The distinction lies in their relationship to the corporation and their priorities. Different priorities and levels of authority require different approaches in formality

Last edited:
Yeah,both of them sounds the same but I think stakeholder might be the one owning the business,while in the case of shareholder, he owns small part of things in the company

The
In business terms, many people still misunderstand the words Stakeholder and Shareholder. At first glance it looks the same but if we examine there will be many differences, both regarding functions and authority, differences in the influence on regulations and company decisions. Can you explain to me the difference between Stakeholder and Shareholder
The terms mean different things.
A stake holder is part of a company, he or she contributes to the growth of that company. A shareholder only invests in the business or company by buying shares.

The stakeholders are the policy makers . They are the ones who dictates, while the shareholders are just for profit sharing. They are there to make money.

Shareholders have more say in a business organization as they are the ones taking the overall decisions on finances and related activities.

Stakeholders some how control the growth of a company while the share holders are those who buys stocks and some part of the company

A stakeholder has an interest in the performance of an organization or company while a shareholder owns part of a public company through shares of stock

From my findings, I have discovered that a shareholder owns part of a public company through shares of stock, while a stakeholder has an interest in the
performance of a company for reasons other than stock performance. That is just my little contributions. Thanks for sharing.

In my own views shareholder's has various shares in a particular company while stakeholders has lots of profits in a company or business.

From what I understand with stakeholder, they are persons or groups that have a huge concern on the business or industry. Shareholders are owners of stocks of a corporation which means they are part owner of the company.

A shareholder is someone who has part in a company's ownership but a stakeholder on a company means someone who is highly valued in the company not only because he or she holds a share with the company but for some important reasons. Eg. A company's patron is a stakeholder.
Yes,
A shareholder owns parts of a public company through share of stock, while a stakeholder has an interest in the performance of a company for reasons other than stock performance or appreciation. These reasons often mean that the stakeholder has a greater need for the company to succeed over a longer term

From my understanding, a shareholder owns shares in the business, meaning he or she owns a part of the business while a stakeholder is like an investor who puts in resources for the good of the company and with the aim of making profit also.

A stake holders can be someone who invest on a company while shareholders is someone who buys share or part of the company
Yes, A shareholder owns part of a public company through shares of stock, while a stakeholder has an interest in the performance of a company for reasons other than stock performance or appreciation. These reasons often mean that the stakeholder has a greater need for the company to succeed over a longer term.
When it comes to investing in a corporation, there are shareholders and stakeholders. ... A shareholder owns part of a public company through shares of stock, while a stakeholder has an interest in the performance of a company for reasons other than stock performance or appreciation

Last edited:
To some instances I will consider the stakeholders as those who are involved in the formal organisation of government institution while the shareholders deals with board governors of a business organisation.
The difference between stakeholders and shareholders is that, the former deals with public organisation or the state entire while the later deals with private organisations concerning finance.

Last edited:
In my Stakeholder is someone who has contributed both his wealth of experience and wealth into the growth of a business or company while a shareholder is someone who has Invested his wealth in a business with intention of making more profit.

Stakeholders are those who involved in the industry. Shareholder are those who invest in the company in the industry. Both stakeholder and shareholder work for the progress of the companies and the industry at large.

A shareholder is someone who owns shares in a business an individual, an organization, a mutual fund, a pension plan, etc while other hand A stakeholder can be anyone, or any organization, that has a stake in how the company performs.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back