Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
Do you believe the cost of domains today costs fairly? Do you feel they are too expensive, or generally speaking, under-valued? What's the best deal you've gotten from a domain registar when buying a domain for your website?

Regarding ones bought straight from a registrar and not premium, I don't really know what they're for. :D Who is being paid? Domain extensions are simply some letters. What more is there to them?

This depends on what domain you are trying to set up. Almost always the .com and .net options will be the most expensive. Couple this in with valuable search term words and you are going to be paying a lot but all these prices are according to trends. So something that is cheap now might be super expensive next year.

This depends on what domain you are trying to set up. Almost always the .com and .net options will be the most expensive. Couple this in with valuable search term words and you are going to be paying a lot but all these prices are according to trends. So something that is cheap now might be super expensive next year.
The renewals for .club and other promotion extensions are always a lot bigger during the next year. Nonetheless, the renewals for .com or .net could be more. Who can clarify?

The renewals for .club and other promotion extensions are always a lot bigger during the next year. Nonetheless, the renewals for .com or .net could be more. Who can clarify?
Who knows. It seems like they sometimes just pull these numbers out their backsides and hope people will pay for them. I have no experience with domain flipping to know how they fair short or longterm though.

Do you believe the cost of domains today costs fairly? Do you feel they are too expensive, or generally speaking, under-valued? What's the best deal you've gotten from a domain registar when buying a domain for your website?
I believe the costs of a domain name are fair, depending on where you register the domain name. I know SiteGround wanted to charge me $17.99 per year for a .com domain name, which I thought was a little much. However, I checked Namecheap (which is where I normally register my domain names) and they are around $10 per year, unless you catch them having a promotion. I recently registered Fortnitechatter.com with namecheap for $5.88 for the first year, then $9.98 per year after that. In conclusion, I feel that some hosting providers are a tad high on their prices but there are always other hosting providers that offer a much lower price and it evens out the playing field.

I got a .win domain for 5 years, something like that. I don't know if they still have that promotion. It also applied to some others like .fun I think.

While the domains like dot com and dot net remains fairly cheap, some domains are really costly for instance last time I checked the price of dot io was $35 and dot online was $32. There is no need to go with expensive domains, you can use the popular options like dot com and dot net for relatively cheap price.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back