What's new

Climate change effect on houses - should we start rethinking building materials?

I agreed that building materials needed to be improved on,I could remember some one asked me this question,'please can you tell the reason every houses is with a crack or more' I told her it could be vibration of large automobile which she diagree and told me it is due to the materials used.
The crack is can happen to any building irrespective of the quality of the materials used. The crack is as result of agent of denudation (rain, water, wind and waves ). Continous wetting and drying of concrete wall will one day create cracks.

I feel that this has to do more with the location. Some places have extreme weather conditions and because of that they have their own system of erecting building with the type of materials conducive for that environment. Places with balanced weather conditions need not take some of these factors into consideration.

Don't you think that anything that can go as far as affecting materials in the building can damage the human system as well.Because if we make resistance materials,and leave the human protection,then we would not have solve any problem.Ensuring an environment friendly system is much better.

Most definitely, the harsh weather conditions in the topical region has adverse effects on building materials but it seems that has been Layed to rest with the present sophisticated materials.

I don't see any needs of changing house building material because of climate, if actually you want to change the materials it will also deck so for me I don't think there is any need.

The effects of climate change in general is something that cannot be overemphasized. If usually leads to extreme temperatures that can be able to harm useful animals in the ecosystem and also cause changes to human beings in general and it is something that we must try to protect at all costs.

Yes climate change can have a significant effect in buildings of houses , but I don't really think this is enough reason for us to rethink of creating another building materials. The effect won't really be so serious.

The quality of building materials probably needs to be very much improved. this is why it is important for you to hire qualified engineers whenever you want to carry out any building project.

While roofing our houses, the weather should be considered. In my country, the contractors are now changing from the old way of roofing to modern way of roofing taking into consideration the weather condition.
Thavt is why in terms of setting out structure and not just inbiullding generally,the climatic weather condition that is adaptable to the environment should always be put into consideration at all times.
Climate change really have a lot of effect on building especially the roof,but one thing about these issue is that it is not just about changing the material,its all about environmental responsibility.
Sure climate change is one thing that most real estate ventures suffer from
Buildings can be vulnerable to climate change. In the future there may be an increase in the risk of collapse, declining health and significant loss of value as a result of more storms, snow or subsidence damage, water encroachment, deteriorating indoor climate and reduced building lifetime.
Climate change has an effect on humans and the environment in general,the effect of carbon emissions can be felt around the environment and in our structures,the solution is not to improve building materials but mitigate the emission of carbon.

Last edited:
Hi there. Just came across your thread and wanted to share my thoughts to revive it. Climate change is no joke, and it's definitely affecting our houses. It's time to start thinking about new and improved building materials that can stand up to extreme weather conditions. Have you heard about aviation offsets?

The effect of weather and other agents of denudation can not be over emphasized, with climate change, weather conditions are becoming extreme hence we can not deny the fact that our present building/construction materials are being affected by this weather conditions.
I think it's high time we started researching into new material and improving the building materials we have now so that it can withstand the extreme weather conditions occasioned by climate change.

Technological development have also played another big role when it comes to the kind of houses that are built today. This is because I can remember in the olden days when it's only clay that are used to build houses but now we make use of concrete materials that can be able to withstand harsh temperature and climate changes.

I think the focus should be on using reusable materials or recycled materials. If possible, try to upcycle instead of using new resources. You can try using things like shipping containers, and pre-fab materials not only to minimize your construction cost but also to address climate change issues.

Technological development have also played another big role when it comes to the kind of houses that are built today. This is because I can remember in the olden days when it's only clay that are used to build houses but now we make use of concrete materials that can be able to withstand harsh temperature and climate changes.

Global warming is becoming a really huge issue and this is why a rise in temperature is also one of the main reasons why building material may deteriorate. I think that techno,logy could help for sure. However, our main focus should be to deal with global warming at a really larger scale.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back