What's new

Climate change effect on houses - should we start rethinking building materials?

There is no need of changing building materials because of climate change because we here in Africa or Nigeria to be precise don't do that.

Researchers have started finding better building materials options to prevent degradation of houses due to erosion an agent of denudation but it's still important to look out for these factors when acquiring the property.

Sure. I've wondered and pondered on this issue/idea. We really need to have a rethink on new building materials which can withstand the change in climate. I believe it will go a long way to playing an effective role on maintaining well structured and durable houses.

You're right bro. It's not enough that we have through our activities of building projects everywhere encroached or depleted a better part of the toposphere, we're causing further harm by depleting the ozone layer via actions of production of materials.
If something isn't done sooner than later, we'll be in a big mess

Yes, real estate professionalism shouldn't just be centred on buying and selling of properties devoid of taking into cognisance the climate change. The building materials should be equivalent and relevant to prevailing climate change.

Although mildly but I agree that climate change has an effect not only on our home but even on buildings. Most modern buildings are now full concrete which have no windows. Air conditioning is a must in those buildings and having no windows reduce the potential heat that would penetrate through the windows. New houses here also have the concrete slab for the roofing instead of the traditional galvanized sheet. The reason is also to lessen the heat of the sun inside the home. Houses with galvanized sheet roofing has insulators between the roof and the ceiling.
Hmmm it this is a good step though but in terms of not putting in windows I see it as not too okay in terms of health. They need natural air as well to get proper ventilation, relying on just air conditioning is not too good.

Climate change that is causing things like increased sea levels and consequently increase the level and the rate of flooding can affect real estate properties because people will not want to buy houses close to flood-prone areas.

Of course it will not be a bad idea as the climate change is something that is going to become a continuous challenge to the quality of housing we have. So yes it is time to start thinking that direction

The atmospheric conditions of a place should determine the types of house to be built and to be candid, New development comes every day to meet to standard depending to regions and locations

Seriously the rate at which the climate change is affecting those that are living inside buildings because it get to a point where the house becomes so hot that it's not comfortable for people to stay in.

The effect of weather and other agents of denudation can not be over emphasized, with climate change, weather conditions are becoming extreme hence we can not deny the fact that our present building/construction materials are being affected by this weather conditions.
I think it's high time we started researching into new material and improving the building materials we have now so that it can withstand the extreme weather conditions occasioned by climate change.
The aluminium sheets are more affected, in a couple of years, they begin to wear off. Yes, if there are alternative materials that are not affected adversely by climate change, then such can be put to use.

The effect of weather and other agents of denudation can not be over emphasized, with climate change, weather conditions are becoming extreme hence we can not deny the fact that our present building/construction materials are being affected by this weather conditions.
I think it's high time we started researching into new material and improving the building materials we have now so that it can withstand the extreme weather conditions occasioned by climate change.
Most of the building materials used cannot withstand the extreme weather conditions we experience.
It would be a good one to start rethinking building materials.
The production of materials that can withstand extreme weather conditions should be carried out.

Ongoing research is very necessary on some of the materials were used to build houses. I think this is very common among the developed countries. They usually come up with more durable materials that are cheaper for building houses. And this is the reason why house is affordable for most people.

Honestly, I don't think you have to do much to weatherise a house. Weatherized houses can last for a very long time. I mean consider the many houses still standing from the 1800s, if not longer. It really comes down to quality of build material and also weatherising the house. Simple. I don't think we have to really change much to be honest.

Yes, you are very right. The rate at which material fails these days are of concern. We had the same experience in ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria some weeks back where 26 storey building collapse.

I feel that this has to do more with the location. Some places have extreme weather conditions and because of that they have their own system of erecting building with the type of materials conducive for that environment. Places with balanced weather conditions need not take some of these factors into consideration.
I think the environment is a major factor here,reason why for some appliances yp will see the notification if its for tropical environment or area that is pron to snow,same should be applicable to building materials,because it need to be factored into the overall plan of the structure.

I don't necessarily think that we need to start rethinking building material. I just feel the current building material should be improved because the rate at which substandard building materials are produced is high.

This, I believe, has more to do with the geography. Because of the terrible weather conditions in some areas, they have developed their own way for construction buildings using materials that are appropriate for that region. Some of these elements do not need to be considered in places with balanced weather conditions.

Building materials are been produced to conform to the changing climatic conditions because some materials used in producing some of these building materials are not environmental friendly.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back