What's new

Climate change effect on houses - should we start rethinking building materials?

I agree with you to an extent ,climate change does have an effect on building. For instance, the increasing heat caused by climate can be checkmated if construction companies use building materials that can withstand excessive heat.

You are very correct, climate change is affecting building materials, hence building do not last as before, but most of these building are the best that are available at the moment, for example it will be difficult to replace iron in building material though it corrodes easily but it possess strength which other metals that do not corrode easily does not possess and it is relatively cheaper.

The effect of weather and other agents of denudation can not be over emphasized, with climate change, weather conditions are becoming extreme hence we can not deny the fact that our present building/construction materials are being affected by this weather conditions.
I think it's high time we started researching into new material and improving the building materials we have now so that it can withstand the extreme weather conditions occasioned by climate change.
I think we should try to prevent environment from climate changes, rather than building new houses. Let me tell you that our Government in Pakistan is investing millions of Dollars to prevent climate changes. Because climate not only effects on the buildings, it may harm the people living there.

Yes indeed, I think going forward we might have to review some of the harmful materials used in building and construction. It is important that the safety of the planet comes first. Also I think building design will change in future to accommodate and guard against some natural phenomenons.

The effect of weather and other agents of denudation can not be over emphasized, with climate change, weather conditions are becoming extreme hence we can not deny the fact that our present building/construction materials are being affected by this weather conditions.
I think it's high time we started researching into new material and improving the building materials we have now so that it can withstand the extreme weather conditions occasioned by climate change.
Gone are the days when houses were being built very strong and hard with good materials. But this is not so nowadays again, and that is more reason you hear of a building as high as mountain Everest demolishing automatically and killing a huge number of people. We need to rethink on the building materials we're using nowadays.
Post automatically merged:

Gone are the days when houses were being built very strong and hard with good materials. But this is not so nowadays again, and that is more reason you hear of a building as high as mountain Everest demolishing automatically and killing a huge number of people. We need to rethink on the building materials we're using nowadays.

This has come to our attention from day to day basis. We need to have a world wide policies regarding this climate change. It has greater impact on our invironment. Everything we use contributes to climate change.

Its all depend on the materials and the measures put in place to ensure that the building can withstand any pressure or climatic change, because to me if a building is not strong enough then it can't withstand climatic change.

This is one of the major reasons why it is good to consult experts before starting construction of any kind as experts would determine the kind of material that should be used to make the building a long lasting structure.

I don't really think that climate change really affect building materials, but the structure it's self, it depends on how you use the material, I tell you, most times the problem comes from the engineers they use inferior material to finish your work, and the result is always catastrophic.

Hmm... you are right it time we start to research into materials we use in beautifying our houses most especially because the way our buildings were before should not be like new ones but I believe they are improving with some of the building we have seen so far..

Climate condition does not has any significant effect on house as long as the foundation or basics of the house is strong, this is even one of the reason why it's good to consult people that are really good in this field.

It is high time the builders started rethinking on the method to build houses these periods in order to give room for climate change effect on the earth.

Yes, there should be advancement in the level of production of material use in construction and building of houses to suit the climate change.

Every house architect or surveyor knows how important it is to consider the impact of weather while construction of a building, it's good it's done at the foundation process not later in the future.

Climate change and I will y a good business and earn a livingston county jail in different people in the world 🌎 a business card for the post of assistant and I will give us an update and send me a copy of your business card for you about the job you have low 🔅 a business card for you about cryptocurrency

We cannot but talk about the effect of the climate on our planet in recent times. Climate change if not addressed wholistically now will come upon us in an unexpected way

Yes of course you should start rethinking building materials because sometimes the climate really change effect on houses. we need good material to make our building look nice.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back