What's new

Climate change effect on houses - should we start rethinking building materials?

Kayzzy3

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Dec 17, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
The effect of weather and other agents of denudation can not be over emphasized, with climate change, weather conditions are becoming extreme hence we can not deny the fact that our present building/construction materials are being affected by this weather conditions.
I think it's high time we started researching into new material and improving the building materials we have now so that it can withstand the extreme weather conditions occasioned by climate change.

Although mildly but I agree that climate change has an effect not only on our home but even on buildings. Most modern buildings are now full concrete which have no windows. Air conditioning is a must in those buildings and having no windows reduce the potential heat that would penetrate through the windows. New houses here also have the concrete slab for the roofing instead of the traditional galvanized sheet. The reason is also to lessen the heat of the sun inside the home. Houses with galvanized sheet roofing has insulators between the roof and the ceiling.

To me I don't see the need of changing building material due to climate change, as in Africa the climate is very hot and as a result we don't even change the material we have been using but I can understand a situation in which the weather is too cold then in that case we should think of changing building material,or maybe I don't understand your point, in Africa that weather is very hot what do you think and how do you think we should change our building material? I'm expecting your answer as soon as possible

I agreed that building materials needed to be improved on,I could remember some one asked me this question,'please can you tell the reason every houses is with a crack or more' I told her it could be vibration of large automobile which she diagree and told me it is due to the materials used.

This is a wonderful topic that is affecting almost everyone right now. Climate change is a huge phenomenon affecting almost everyone in the world and changing our lifestyle. With the intensity of the weather theses days, I absolutely agree that we need to have an evaluation of our building materials and structures with the hope of making critical changes to them as they are being clearly affected in a negative way.
These day one hears of building collapse everywhere in my country, this can also be attributed to climate change as the type of weather we are having is having a bad impact on most building structure, so it's necessary to have the necessary changes on how we build and the materials we use in the building.

Sure climate change is one thing that most real estate ventures suffer from
Buildings can be vulnerable to climate change. In the future there may be an increase in the risk of collapse, declining health and significant loss of value as a result of more storms, snow or subsidence damage, water encroachment, deteriorating indoor climate and reduced building lifetime.

Climate change has more effect on the land compare to the building. That is why it is always advisable to get the topography statistics of a geographical area before thinking of construction of any building.

If the topography shows it is usually affected by erosion during raining season, then it is best you look somewhere else to build your structure.

Mostly the building that are affected by weather conditions are not the fault of the building or materials but the fault of the land surveyor who did not do his job well by detecting the topography of that area well

I feel that this has to do more with the location. Some places have extreme weather conditions and because of that they have their own system of erecting building with the type of materials conducive for that environment. Places with balanced weather conditions need not take some of these factors into consideration.

Can somebody please explain to me why houses in the US are mostly dependent on wood? I am from the Philippines, and most of the houses built here are builty mostly of concrete, to withstand typhoons and extreme rains. I just find it strange whenever I see news about tornadoes in the US, and seeing destruction of homes built of wood. Why aren't they constructing them from concrete instead? So there will be less damage.

The effect of weather and other agents of denudation can not be over emphasized, with climate change, weather conditions are becoming extreme hence we can not deny the fact that our present building/construction materials are being affected by this weather conditions.
I think it's high time we started researching into new material and improving the building materials we have now so that it can withstand the extreme weather conditions occasioned by climate change.
It is constant, there is always a constant need to improve building materials. The Earth is changing so should the people and elements in it. If we observe carefully we will see that even modern buildings don't seem to be modern anymore. The use of automobiles and heavy machines are the causes for these.

Low quality materials used for construction of duplex and other bedroom flats, have caused too many collapse in last couple of years. It is very necessary to always use a strong and quality materials during house construction to avoid collapse.

Climates changes have severe effects on evwry things, especially fir the buildings. The building are cuased of depreciation sue tobthe climatic changes. If there ia needed to repair the building then, it should be done veey soon.

Yes, I can't agree less with your ascertion. A lot of research need to be done on the issue of this climate change. It's going to massive affect houses. For example heavy downpour which is not expected can submerge a building and road. Building contractors really need to work on more sophisticated materials to get this right for their clients.

This is why the services of good construction company is required in building. When building a house, the engineer must put the environment and climate into consideration. Climate and environment matters a lot. The climate and environment will determine the threats the building may be exposed to, so its the duty of the engineer to put all these into consideration.

Different part of the world with different climate challenges and problems, for places like Nigeria there are only few climate problems such as flood depending on the location and their has been different cases where it has resulted into people losing their homes. I think we should start looking for other ways to build houses to reduce the effort of this environmental problems.

There are more veggee ways to help combat climate change

Eat less meat. Raising so many animals for meat is a strain on the environment. The meat industry is a major contributor to the emissions of greenhouse gases. Also, the meat industry requires the use of a lot of water. Moreover, less meat than what is typically consumed by the average American is good for your health

I will suggest that construction companies produce material that are durable... they should go for quality and not quantity. These will make the buildings last longer whether climate change or not

It's true, climate changes have been sweeping different parts of the world, I agree with the members, that depends on the country. In my country, the heat of the sun is bearable and the rains are not excessive. The materials we use do not cause weather-related mishaps. We stay safe.

Yes! Because sometimes acidic rain do fall and it affect our house roofing, because of this there are new improvement of roofing sheets in other to prevent it from getting rust. These days there are new innovation of roofing sheets that can last long no matter the climate condition or weather.

The weather is considered to be a natural phenomenon. It pretty much has an effect on almost every thing, so trying to change materials is not really the answer because it can still reck the one we think has more quality. The best we can do is look for other feasible measures to counteract it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back