What's new

Are government monopolies acceptable, but private ones not?

Joshua Farrell

Stargate SG1 Fan
Staff member
Administrative Team
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$2.4675USD
Biznotes
What do you think, are government monopolies acceptable, but private ones not?

Have you ever considered advertising here in my signature? This Text Ad Location and the above Graphic Ad Location is available to advertise in.
government monopolies are due to the fact that they have a very huge resources and they are the ones in control of the mechinary of commercial regulations,so it is very easy for them to make laws that will favour the government.

Government monopolies are good and bad because at the end of the day the government is there to serve the people, however, if the government is filled with corrupt people then there might be problems.

Well government have the tight to monopolies so things so that it will be generating more revenue for their country while private don't so that the citizens can enjoy things in sufficiency and affordable.

What do you think, are government monopolies acceptable, but private ones not?
Whenever the government want to monopolize and industry it is for the betterment of the people but you can say that about the private monopoly sure as what they are always after his profit and more profit so that is why government monopoly is good for the people.

Government monopolies always have bad implications on the citizen if the government can not fulfil the service to the citizens of the nation

Government monopolizing economy can be either harmful or good. But most at times perfect competitive market/economy is advisable as government lack of seriousness or selfish interest could cause an harm as regards the monopoly

Government Monopoly are better because it is usually for the benefit of the masses and not for profit motive as is the case in private Monopoly

Well an example of a government monopoly is oil and gas. Which isn't exactly a monopoly because all the government owned oil rigs are doing is pushing product to the gas stations but still I will say it's not exactly a monopoly unless no one is able to sell it on their own. Just the chosen companies who are willing to dig it out.

Even if the government decides to be monopolistic, you can be assured that there'll be a level of ease or inclusion in those decisions better than when private individuals or organisations make monopolistic decisions because they'll be more expensive

I would rather prefer a government monopoly of things than have the private sector monopolyse things. That is, in a saner climate, the government aught to be doing this for the general good of the masses

Government monopolies are usually set up by the government to control a particular product or service due to reasons best known to the government but they mainly control such market to regulate fund, ensure there's no scarcity if such good or service make it more convenient to buy etc

Well I can say the government depends on the organisational structure and organisation of the government that constitute the state or the country most especially in such state that the government are competent in the performance of their duty and responsibility.

If I am to be in a customer's shoe, I will sat all mnopnopiieies reready dd, theready sululd be competition so that no single business owner will be able to exploit us final consumers.

I would prefer government monopoly. One thing monopoly does is makes you slaves to the owner, would rather be under government than someone

If you live in a democracy, there is no such thing as government monopoly. However, in a communist countries, there is absolute monopoly of the government.

I would to a large extent accept government monopoly and not private monopoly. Government monopoly considers every consumer and so provide services at affordable prices. The major reason for government involvement in business is not to make profit, but to provide essential services, and because of this core value, the government channels its effort to providing quality service at very reduced prices. But the private core value is profit making, and as such would want to make profit, which lead to cheating on the customers.

But normally this should not be the case but in some corrupt country it is possible that some government Monopoly may be accepted while the private one may not be accepted this could be as a result of corruption in some countries.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back